Friday, May 18, 2012

I Didn't Say It....

Andrew Sullivan, on President Obama's endorsement of marriage equality:
"It's hugely important and to tell you the truth, I didn't realize how important it would be until it happened. Beforehand, I was kind of steeled. I was like, 'I don't care, he's going to disappoint us again.' And then I sat down and watched our president tell me that I am his equal, that I'm no longer outside, I'm fully part of this family and to hear the president who is in some ways a father figure speak to that, the tears came down like with many people in our families, to be included....I never understood the power of a president's words until that day, really. I thought, all that matters is the states and the Congress and the Defense of Marriage Act and I had all this in my head and suddenly this man saying, 'I'm with you, I get it, you're like me, I'm like you, there is nothing between us, we are the same people and we are equal human beings and I want to treat you the way you treat me.' That -- that was overwhelming. That's all I can say. I was at a loss for words."

I think we all felt the same way.

Reince Priebus, Republican National Committee chair, on whether or not marriage equality is a civil rights issue:
“I don’t think it’s a matter of civil rights. I think it’s just a matter of whether or not we’re going to adhere to something that’s been historical and religious and legal in this country for many, many years. I mean, marriage has to have a definition. And we just happen to believe it’s between a man and a woman....People in this country, no matter straight or gay, deserve dignity and respect. However, that doesn’t mean it carries on to marriage."

Typical GOP goose-stepping moron.
He actually lumps religion and legality in the same sentence even though the two have no place together in law.
How can we expect the GOP to evolve on equality when they can’t even understand the Constitution?

Bristol Palin, single unwed mother, high school graduate, and reality show whore, on Barack Obama's methods of raising his children:
"While it’s great to listen to your kids’ ideas, there’s also a time when dads simply need to be dads. In this case, it would’ve been helpful for him to explain to Malia and Sasha that while her friends parents are no doubt lovely people, that’s not a reason to change thousands of years of thinking about marriage. Or that – as great as her friends may be – we know that in general kids do better growing up in a mother/father home. Ideally, fathers help shape their kids’ worldview."

I love how the girl who got knocked up out of marriage is suddenly the Marriage Expert.
That’s like having Bristol Palin be an Abstinence Expert and….
She is?
Wow, the stupid apple not only felt out of the stupid tree, it hit every single stupid branch on the way down, and then landed on a pile of stupid called Levi, and then fucked him.

R. Clarke Cooper, Log Cabin Republican head, on Mittsy's marriage equality lack of evolution:
"Governor Mitt Romney's statement in opposition to not just marriage but civil unions jeopardizes his ability to win moderates, women and younger voters, especially as a large majority of Americans favor some form of relationship recognition for their LGBT friends and neighbors. Ultimately, the response of the Republican candidates this election cycle will determine not just endorsements by Log Cabin Republicans, but the votes of millions of Americans who are simply tired of the culture wars."

Good luck with that.
Your presumptive nominee and even the head of your committee disagree.
Oh, well, you can try again in 2016.

Steny Hoyer, Democratic House Minority Whip, on marriage equality:
"I have believed that the phrase ‘civil union’ was an appropriate definition of a relationship that is both different and the same between two people of the same sex. And I have believed strongly that such couples must be treated equally under the law. Because I believe that equal treatment is a central tenet of our nation, I believe that extending the definition of marriage to committed relationships between two people, irrespective of their sex, is the right thing to do and will not, in any way, undermine the institution of marriage so important to our society nor impose a threat to any individual marriage. It will, however, extend the respect due to every one of our fellow citizens that we would want for ourselves and our children."

And the Evolution continues……

Michele Bachmann, withdrawing her dual citizenship in America and Switzerland, roughly five seconds after it was announced she was accepting dual citizenship in America and Switzerland, Ladybird's land of origin:
"I sent a letter to the Swiss Consulate requesting withdrawal of my dual Swiss citizenship, which was conferred upon me by operation of Swiss law when I married my husband in 1978. I took this action because I want to make it perfectly clear: I was born in America and I am a proud American citizen. I am, and always have been, 100 percent committed to our United States Constitution and the United States of America. As the daughter of an Air Force veteran, stepdaughter of an Army veteran and sister of a Navy veteran, I am proud of my allegiance to the greatest nation the world has ever known."

Pandering delusional, married to a homosexual, moron.

Howard Stern, new America's Got Talent judge, on fellow celebrity judges Britney Spears, and Jennifer Lopez:
"Well, I think it's a wonderful decision [on the $15 million deal Spears just signed to become The X Factor judge]. Britney still thinks the earth is flat. I don't anticipate great opinions from her. I think she's gonna sit there like J.Lo, 'Oh, you're wonderful, you're terrific. You think I can get a perfume endorsement out of this?' As far as any real criticism, I think Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid will do that. I think Britney will sit there and eat a lollipop and wear a sexy outfit. I'll tune in to see what kind of train wreck she is, absolutely." 

Snap!

Rick Santorum, bigot, homophobe, moron, failed presidential candidate, on wanting Mitt Romney to talk up his anti-gay values:
"This is a very potent weapon, if you will, for Governor Romney if he’s willing to step up and take advantage of a president who is very much out of touch with the values of America...Hopefully Governor Romney will continue to stand tall for his position on this issue and understanding how detrimental it would be for society for it to have this changed."

Like Romney needs to amp up his fear and loathing of the LGBT community.
Like he needs the help of Frothy.
He’s enough lying, flip-flopping, pandering hatred for the whole party, all by himself.

James Lankford, Oklahoma Republican Congressman, on his support for legislation making it okay to fire someone for being gay....oh and how being gay is a choice:
"Well, you’re now dealing with behavior and I’m trying to figure out exactly what you’re trying to mean by that. Because you’re dealing with — race and sexual preferences are two different things. One is a behavior-related and preference-related and one is something inherently — skin color, something obvious, that kind of stuff. You don’t walk up to someone on the street and look at them and say, “Gay or straight? I think it’s a choice issue. Are tendencies and such? Yes. But I think it’s a choice issue."

Oh Jimmy. I know its Oklahoma but it doesn’t have to be stupid.
See, your being stupid is a choice. Your being a homophobe is a choice. My thinking you’re an idiot is a choice.
My being gay is an orientation.

Bob Staake, artist, on his art piece for the recent cover of The New Yorker:
“I am honored to be doing this cover. It’s a celebratory moment for our country, and that’s what I tried to capture. (I don’t especially like those rainbow colors, but they are what they are—I had to use them.) I wanted to celebrate the bravery of the President’s statement—a statement long overdue—but all the more appreciated in this political year. We are on the right side of history.”

I think his art should become life. I’d like to see the columns lit up in Rainbow colors next year as we celebrate Obama’s second term, and LGBT Pride.
Amirite?

4 comments:

  1. So much to say. But I just have to ask: Is thinking James Lankford is an idiot really a choice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Ideally, fathers help shape their kids’ worldview"

    Is that the father who is naming his second illegitimate child after a gun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:37 AM

    Religion is a choice too unless Lankford can show me the christian gene and the jewish gene and the islamic gene and the buddha gene and oh, you get the point. Oh wait, he probably doesn't believe in science.

    Remember, religion is referred to as a faith not an orientation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is Santorum talking?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......