Tuesday, July 05, 2011

A Kiss Is Just A Kiss

Unless it's planted on the cheek of a homophobic preacher protesting Gay Pride. Which it did.......
See, up in Salisbury, North Carolina, on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Day, Joan Parker, a 74-year-old female gay rights supporter, kissed a preacher, and is now being charged with simple assault. Parker is due back in court in September, where simple assault is a misdemeanor and could bring a sentence of up to 30 days of community service for a first-time offender.

For.Kissing.A.Preacher. What would Jesus do?

Parker says the preacher man "was just waving his arms and has a Bible in one hand, up and down, and screaming at the top of his lungs, `sodomites' and `you're going to hell. I thought he needed a hug. So I gave him a hug."

And it was during that hug that the preacher, so offended at being hugged by a woman, yelled to a nearby man with a camera to photograph the "assault". That was when Parker actually assaulted him, by placing her lips on his cheek.

Of course, the perverted preacher claimed she kissed him full on the lips.
"He claims I kissed him on the lips, and he's a damned liar," said Parker, who attended the Pride event with her husband to show support. "I believe I did kiss him on his cheek."
The preacher, one James Edward Belcher of Taylorsville, said he never claimed Parker kissed him on the lips, but that's only because he turned his face as she came toward him. "If I hadn't turned my head, I'd have gotten it right on my mouth."

In.Your.Dreams. 

Belcher says it all went down like this: "She ran her arms all the way around me and pulled me toward her." Belcher then raised his Bible high in the air and turned toward a police officer to show him the attack. he says the kiss "was just one of many attempts to silence the preaching to those in need of salvation who practice a death style that they call a lifestyle."

Oh, honey, if a kiss was enough to shut you up, I'd do it, too. And then dash off to a local hospital for a Silkwood scrubdown. God only knows where your lips have been.
 
source

1 comment:

  1. Death style? Really? Ok so lets play devil's advocate here. Lets say that being LGBT is a "death style" what difference could it possibly make to him and his "lifestyle"?

    How does same sex marriage impact his life, his day? None at all to my way of thinking. The only reason he hates LGBT is because it makes him doubt his faith, because he cant see past his bible. He cant see that all is from G_d. Anything new, different must be the work of satan, sigh.

    As a person who is more or less an atheist, I think all of the religious rants against LGBT is just so much wasted hot air.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......