Monday, July 11, 2011

It's The Latest Thing.....

Remember back in the day when all the starlet wannabes, and has-been singers, and drug addicted wactresses, would flash their lady bits to the paparazzi?

I mean, it was the way to get yourself in the papers, dontcha know. A little peep of the vah-jay-jay and you were front page news.

Seriously. Once could be considered an accident, but as many times as I was subjected to looking at the girlie parts of Paris and Britney and Lindsay, I almost switched gears and became a gynecologist.

So, how do people get themselves a little free press these days? I mean, flashing your privates is sooooo 2007.

Faggot. That'll do it. Kobe did it. Others, too. And suddenly we were talking about them because they called someone a fag, or a fucking fag, or merely just mouthed the word gay, and then they got all the press. The apology press. the Oh I didn't mean it...I love gay people press.

I'm so over it. And yet here it goes again.

White Sox player Gordon Beckham wanted to send a little message to his BFF, Kansas City Royals' Chris Getz, when their two teams faced off against one another last week. So, what did he do? Send off a Tweet saying, Gonna beat you in the game next week? Maybe fire off an email, We're gonna crush
you guys in that gameNope. Gordon Beckham decided the way to show his best friend how much he likes him was to scrawl a message in the dirt around the baseball diamond: 
"Getz Is Gay."
So..........funny. Only now, Beckham is on the I'm Sorry Tour, saying:
"Chris is one of my best friends. It was a joke. I didn’t know anybody could see [the dirt]. I didn’t mean anything, you know?"
Except to call his best friend gay as a means to deride him, and mock him. But then he goes on, and on, apologizing:
"I just want you to know that that’s not me. I don’t use slurs. I have a lot of gay friends. I didn’t mean it as anything ­— you know, like gay as in ... happy! Or, you know, an alliteration — ‘Getz is gay.'"
Hmmm. I don't use slurs.
But'cha did, Blanche, but'cha did.

Hmmmm, Gay, as in....happy.
Yeah, that makes sense. Why not just say Getz is happy, asshat?

But then he piles on more, using Getz is Gay as a form of an alliterative slur. Maybe Gordon Beckham ought to whip out the Thesaurus before his next dirt writing homophobia mood sets in.

And then we have Philadelphia Eagles DeSean Jackson, who, during an interview on the All Out Show, one of his fans, Troy in Tennessee, who called in to the show, and asked if Jackson "had his dick knocked in the dirt [indecipherable]," before the call ends.

Not so very nice, you know, but apparently, and I'm not up on the sports lingo, "knocking one's dick in the dirt" means knocking someone down or out. Okay, so I guess it makes sense, although I might just ask if you got knocked down, and leave your dick out of the call.

But DeSean wasn't real pleased with the call, and asked Troy:
"What type of question is that? Say 'no homo', gay-ass. Faggot."
Hmmm, you got knocked down, and someone asks about it, so the appropriate response is to call someone a faggot.

Jackson has yet to begin his Apology Tour, and "Rude" Jude from the All Out Show, actually hopes Jackson won't apologize. he says Jackson was just bantering, you know, and that he's a "is a hood dude," and for "hood cats, the worst thing you can call someone is a bitch or a faggot. I don't think he's homophobic. He's joking."

Yeah, it's funny to call someone a faggotIt's funny to use that word to demean someone. And it's funny when someone decides that their sports heroes are right and faggots are just no good, and there is no need to have them around and you go out and maybe bash a couple of faggots.

It's all in a game, right?
I'm so sorry.

8 comments:

  1. I guess this begs the question: Do steroids make you a retarded bigot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those silly roid rageaholics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well ,I agree with what your saying Bob! Desean Jackson is a hot head most times anyhow. We probably won't get to see the Apology Tour as you put it. Maybe he does need "his dick knocked in the dirt" ! That'ii learn to use the F word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much to do about nothing. I've heard many gays call other people Queer, and black people call other's the "N" word. In my 40 years of fighting for gay rights, I have found way too many gays heterophobic,too. Let's face it, There is a thin line between Pride and Prejudice, and knowing the differnce is what counts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A touchy topic for sure. I had a similar post a few weeks back when Tracy Morgan suffered from foot in mouth syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO sick of the "I have a bunch of gay friends" line. Next time, the reporter should just say, "Name ONE." . . . idiots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dunta Robinson knocked DeSean Jackson's dick in the dirt last season and now he's a case study for the link between concussions and degenerative brain disease.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He should certainly know better if he does have GLBTQ fiends. Excuses and sorry don't cut it any longer. He isn't really sorry for what he said, he's worried because he was caught.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......