Thursday, July 14, 2011

Goodby Cruel Chair Rail.......

Finally! The living room painting project is complete, and I think it looks mah-velous. We changed our paint choices about four times before settling on Rugged Suede and Grey. The first brown was too dark, though I liked it, and the first gray has too much green in it. This brown is lovely, and the gray has more blue in it, and they work so well together.

As I'm apt to do, I wanted something different. So, as I was painting out the trim, from brown to ivory, I brought the trim color down from the crown moldings about two inches and up from the baseboards the same amount. Then, with my trusty ruler, I measured down from the crown about and inch-and-a-half, and taped a half-inch piece of painters tape all the way around the room leaving a half-inch gap between the crown and the tape. i did the same to the baseboards, only the gap was three-quarters of an inch.

Then the painting began. The long wall, er, the art wall, as that's where our watercolors will go, went Rugged Suede, while the other three walls went Gray. And the results, i think, are beautiful, and more importantly, Carlos likes it, too.
Now.....to the hallway and beyond!



10 comments:

  1. Looks Great!
    Make sure you show us what it looks like with the watercolors hung.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed. Did you guys do that yourself? Selecting of colors AND the painting? (Both of which I'm completely inept at.)
    Very impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:16 PM

    I personally think a viewing with cocktails should be in order but I'm not one to be pushy, so to speak...........
    Gladys

    p.s. Just in case there isn't a viewing I must say I'm impressed. Looks mar-ve-lous darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks terrific. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The faux crown moulding treatment really melts my butter. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really, really impressed with what you two did. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Much better! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks sharp. I'd expect that from you two though.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......