Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Quote Of The Day


Prop H8 plaintiff Paul Katami, along with his husband Jeff Zarillo, on how he felt to be a witness during Perry vs. Schwarzenegger:

"It was shocking how emotional the process was. You prepare as much as you possibly can, but on day 1, I was the most nervous I’ve ever been in my life. I was sick to my stomach and rendered a lump in the chair. But the minute Ted Olson stood up and encapsulated why we were there that day, my nerves just washed away.

It was comforting, knowing that we deserve these rights, that we’re on the right side of the law. It gave me a sense of confidence and excitement.

And on the final day of testimony, to see David Boies drop his bag, hug us, and say, “We’ve done this, and we did it right. It’s important that you are a part of this.” That was overwhelming."

1 comment:

Say anything, but keep it civil .......