Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Welcome To Asshat Central

Up in Virginia, quickly becoming Asshat Central, State Delegate Bob Marshall says that disabled children are God's punishment to women who have aborted their first pregnancy. His statements come on the heels of his opposition to state funding for Planned Parenthood.

Marshall: "The number of children who are born subsequent to a first abortion with handicaps has increased dramatically. Why? Because when you abort the first born of any, nature takes its vengeance on the subsequent children....In the Old Testament, the first born of every being, animal and man, was dedicated to the Lord. There's a special punishment Christians would suggest."

Get me Sarah Palin on the line. I mean, as the mother of a child with Down's Syndrome, how does she feel about what Marshall says? is he, a fellow Republican, suggesting that Palin had an abortion in her past and has now been punished with a special needs child? Why so silent, Sarah?

Marshall, joined by Christian pastors, has called on Virginia officials to eliminate state funding for Planned Parenthood because the organization provides abortions, which, let us not forget, are legal, and a woman's right.

Another Virgina delegate, wingnut and Republican, Brenda Pogge, is goosestepping alongside Marshall in co-sponsoring the budget amendment to eliminate state funding for Planned Parenthood. She says: "I think that the reason it's gone on so long is that most people don't have a clue what's being paid for by taxpayer dollars."

But, Brenda, you idiot, what about the people who don't mind that their tax dollars support Planned Parenthood, which does more than perform abortions? Are you suggesting that the American people should be allowed to pick and choose where their tax dollars are spent?

If so, keep my money outta schools. I don't have kids so why should I spend any money educating them? And give me back my tax dollars spent on infrastructure, you know, roads and bridges. I have a four-wheel drive, I don't needs roads and bridges.

According to Marshall, Planned Parenthood receives "about $500,000 a year" from the state, but according to Jessica Honke, director of public policy for Planned Parenthood Advocates of Virginia, the only state funding Planned Parenthood receives are Medicaid reimbursements, which amount to about $35,000 in 2009.

The asshats are up in arms in Virginia. Are you up in arms about the asshats?

5 comments:

  1. And wasn't it God who killed all the firstborn in Egypt?

    I saw that on The Ten Commandments . . .or Ben Hur . . .

    What a strange religion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless my Heart.... I live in the Commonwealth of "VAGINA"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob, coming from my old home state, this is so believable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose that is why I threatened to blow up the clinic I worked at - while pregnant with twins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just incredible stupidity.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......