Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Welcome.....


......to Jerry Pritikin.

I got a lovely email from Jerry yesterday regarding some of my posts on Harvey Milk, and I was pleased to learn that Jerry knew Harvey, and Mayor Moscone, as well as Randy Shilts from yesterdays LGBT History Month post.

Jerry's blog is When Then....Was NOW! This is Jerry, in his own words:

For over 30 years, I have earned my stripes as a one man army, fighting for gay and human rights. Back in the 1970's, I was a San Francisco freelance photographer, publicist and creator of some timely T-shirts... and outed myself nationally in 1977, when it was not yet fashionable to be openly gay... even in San Francisco! On this blog, you will find images and stories about events I covered as a photographer. I am proud of my footnotes in gay history... and sometimes... I even made some history myself.

Also check out Uncle Donald's Castro Street AKA The Castro Net, and the section of that site which features pictures taken by Jerry Pritikin. It's a fascinating look into who we were then, and who we are now.

2 comments:

  1. That was a pretty cool random act. Thanks for the link to Jerry's blog Bob.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......