Friday, October 23, 2009

PR 6 EP 10: The Kors Challenge....Or How To Design After A Twelve Pack Of Coors

This week on PR6EP10, it was thew Michael Kors Challenge. I so wanted to say it like Oprah, The Mich-ael-Koooooooooooooooooooooooooooooors Chal-leeeennnnnnnngggggggggeeeeee!
The designtestants were to take photos supplied by Miss Kors and be inspired.
Yeah, I know, not so much.
But let's dish, shall we?

Irina was our winner with her Aspen inspired outfit. I'm beginning to like her stuff, though she's a bit safe. But she's also a bitch, and lord knows we needed a bitch this season on PR 6. I loved her comment about how everyone sits around and jokes and then spends five minutes making one stitch. That had me in stitches. I love her; she scares me. I do, however, like Heidi, wish she had revved up the color....Heidi no likee the camel color. But still, pants, backless sweater with the ginormous cowl neck, slim leather belt and faux fur vest, when all the others barely finished one thing.


Gordana picked New York City. And then spent the next ten days, or however long they had to complete the challenge, creating the Bling Breakaway Collor From Hell, and just six minutes creating the dress. I like it, though. Simple, elegant, tasteful....NYC. But Gordana, when asked to tell them about her dress immediately talks about how it's gray and she sent a gray dress down before but gray looks elegant and I made that neck piece and it comes off so you don't have to wear it with the dress you can wear it with jeans and a T. Gordana. Strap on some balls, and stand by your design. It rocked.

Carol Hannah got Palm Beach. Or, and I think I'm right here, did she get Uli from a few seasons back? Y'all remember Uli, she of the flowy patterned dresses perfect for those hot nights in Miami. Carol Hannah. Uli. Same dress, less accent.

Althea picked St. Tropez. She's never been to St. Tropez, and I doubt she could spell St. Tropez but she must have St. Tropez. That said, looking at this outfit--which landed her square in the middle of the pack--I don't get St. Tropez. I get, Say-Ho-Pay-Me-Some-Mo-Money-So-I-Can-Get-Shorts-That-Fit-And-A-Shirt-I-Can-Button.
St. Topez. Say Ho Pay.

Christopher. I so want to like you, what with your I-Ain't-Never-Been-To-Design-School-Gal-Pluckiness, but this is week three for you in the bottom two, and I think Heidi was being kind to let you stay--though I'm happy The Troll Known As Nicolas is gone. You were supposed to do Santa Fe, and this is more like the lump of coal Santa Claus would leave in your stocking. And then you took the coal and the stocking and made this piece of fluff with a fabulous belt. You should'a just sent down the belt.

And here we have Logan, or as DavidDust calls him, Mister shiny Pants. Logan was last to pick from the Heap'o'inspiration, and he got the leftovers known as Hollywood. He tried to explain this as being young Hollywood, but all I got was Young-Hollywood-Who-Shops-At-Target-And-Doesn't-Know-Suspenders-Are-So-Ninety-Seven.....Eighteen-Ninety-Seven. But Logan was safe and didn't even need his magic glitter drawers to save himself.

And lastly, but not leastly....leastly? really?....we have Nicolas, who flew to the table on Sapce Ice princess Wings to select Greece as his inspiration. There was some confusion over whether he did Greece, the country, or Grease, the movie, or that his own Grease-y hair fell into his eyes forcing him to create this pile of, well, grease. My first thought was Grease....Fire, as in, Quick, hand me that butt-ugly outfit so I can put out this grease fire.
Nicolas? You're over. And Out.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting after all this time spent ignoring pants there were pants!
    I liked the Fashion No's challenge better where they had to do a piece to fit into IM's collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to shee ol'St Nick gone, but feel Christophers days are quickly coming to and end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shouldn't read your PR posts as we haven't started series 6 here yet but I totally get what you're saying about the floaty Miami number - so Uli. Judging by your pics perhaps not the most talented bunch we've seen? I guess I better wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny that you saw Uli all over that, since I did too and thought I was alone there.

    And STILL cracking up over the Greece Fire, line!

    Ya know, Greece Fire would be a good name for a band. I'll get right on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recap! I missed the episode, but feel as though I just watched it with my bitchy, judgemental sister named Bob! (That's a compliment, BTW.)

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......