Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Nice Mouth. You Eat With That Thing?


Y'all remember when Isaiah Washington, formerly of Grey's Anatomy, allegedly used the term 'faggot' when referring to T.R. Knight and Perez Hilton got his granny panties in a bunch and began posting ad nauseum that Washington be fired for using such a word?

Y'all remember? Good.

Because now Perez is in the hot seat for the exact same thing. He got into a verbal sparring match with will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas. Things were said, voices raised, and I think Perez broke a nail. But, and this is the part that galls me, Perez called will.i.am a faggot.

Uh-huh.

Perez Hilton: And that is when I made the split-second decision - that I was gonna say what I thought was the worst possible thing that thug [will.i.am] would ever want to hear. As I was standing my ground - without being violent or physical which I would never do - I told him - and you know what? I don’t need to respect you and you’re a f**. You’re gay and stop being such a f***ot.

So, a gay man, who has spent the past month railing against Carrie Prejean for her opinion on gay marriage, decides to hurl an anti-gay epithet as a derogatory statement? How can we expect to move forward when we have asshats like Perez Hilton taking us down with his words.

GLAAD issued a statement today in response to Hilton’s video: These are vulgar anti-gay slurs that feed a climate of hatred and intolerance toward our community. For someone in our own community to use it to attack another person by saying that it is, quote, ‘The worst possible thing that thug would ever want to hear,’ is incredibly dangerous. It legitimizes use of a slur that is often linked to violence against our community. And it sends a message that it is OK to attempt to dehumanize people by exploiting anti-gay attitudes.
We have reached out to Hilton and asked him to apologize for promoting this anti-gay slur, and we would ask media outlets to avoid repetition of the slur in their coverage of this story.

I would ask that Perez Hilton just STFU.
You do not represent the gay community. You never did.
You are a hypocritical fame-whore.

UPDATE:
The Asshat Known As Perez, who says in a video he posted online that he would never use this situation for publicity or fame because he "doesn't need it" has responded to GLAAD by saying:

"I am saddened GLAAD chose to victimize me further by criticizing me for how I non-violently dealt with a very scary situation that, unfortunately, turned violent. While I doubt I will get an apology from GLAAD, nor do I expect one, I would just hope people know how difficult it is to intellectualize a situation and think rationally when a thug disguised as a musician is screaming at your face and intimidating you. I am just very fortunate and grateful that nothing more serious happened to me."

Pay attention--and don't go all Theresa on Real Housewives of New Jersey and toss a table at me--asshat. GLAAD is disgusted, as am I, that you chose to hurl an anti-gay epithet at someone, when you use your own blog to bash others who've done the same. They do not, did not, have not, condoned anyone hitting you.

Asshat.

Grow up. Take some responsibility and stop with the "Leave-Britney-Alone"-type video blogs.

You only make yourself look worse, if that's even a possibility.

11 comments:

  1. hit him again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you captured PH perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post Bob.

    And the risk of pissing anyone off who uses drugs?

    He is a total crack whore! What the hell else has he been smoking in that pipe???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is just appalling. And then when he was called on it, he started making excuses about why it was okay for him to say it. My prediction is that he's done as some sort of pseudocelebrity. Buh-bye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deserved everything he got. Pig.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:02 PM

    He's just trashy,simple as that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Slimy, repugnant fame whore. Nothing more than that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Dan- hit him again, this time so hard it makes that big mouth of his swell shut!
    Damn, I hate that piece of God forsaken trash!
    We should send Perez Hilton and Paris Hilton off to a deserted island somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed! Good post, Bob! Then he cried and whined and CRIED about the whole thing! What does he expect when he writes what he does and draws penises ETC on their faces? Asshat for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And he thought a fuckin faggot was the worst word he could possibly imagine? come on. I can think of one word that would have really sent Will i am over the top, and then his ass whoopin would have been better

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......