Thursday, June 11, 2009

I Love Carlos: A Desilu Production


Carlos likes Oprah, and every time he says it, I invariably say, Oprah! I. Hate. Her!
And then he says, No, oprah, like Mozart and Puccini.
And I say, Oooooooh! Opera! Never mind.

Carlos also says, when someone he knows is making a mountain out of a mole hill, She's like a storm in a glass of water.
That one took a while, until I realized he meant Tempest in a teapot.
Makes sense.

So, this morning we're talking about Adam Lambert's shocking announcement that he's a flaming homosexual, but that he wants to be a singer and not a civil rights activist. I was telling Carlos my theory that every gay person that comes out is a civil rights activist because they're giving gay a face--not to be confused with gay face, Ryan Seacrest. I think the more people that come out, the less afraid people will be; and the less afraid, the less intolerant.

So, I was ranting about coming out and civil rights and all that and Carlos says, Well, he doesn't have to work with GLAAD to be an activist, or even with UCLA--

Huh? What? Huh?

UCLA?

Yes, he sneers at me as those I'm a wacky redhead and he's a Cuban bandleader. You, know UCLA, the people, the lawyers--

You mean the ACLU?

Whatever.

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucy!

6 comments:

  1. Too cute! "I Love Lucy" remains my favorite TV show of all time. I have all the seasons on DVD, and I still cry with laughter when I watch some of the episodes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:34 AM

    love it.

    "You got the sharter?"
    "We got the sharter!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, YES!! More Carlos & Bob stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny...

    You got a lot of 'splaining to do Lucy!!!

    My favorite

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......