Friday, August 17, 2012

I Didn't Say It

Jonathan Groff, actor, on whether coming out affects an actor's career:
"When I came out, people said it may have a negative effect on my career, and that’s definitely something I thought about before I did it. But I don’t hold that belief. I just go on my auditions and plug away as I normally would. At the end of my career, I can look back and ask, ‘Well, did it, or didn’t it?’ But at the moment, I just have to move forward and hope that people will follow my actions."

Sure, coming out could affect anyone's career choice,m but living in the closet, living in silence, isn't a better option.
Coming out is the only way to live.

E.W. Jackson, "bishop," on Democrats not being Christian:
"At the Democratic Convention they will be spitting in the face of every Bible believing Christian in America. They will be saying, 'we don't care what you think, what you believe, or what the Bible or the God of the Bible says. We know better than God'. The Democrat Party has turned its back on Christians. It is time to turn our backs on the Democrat Party." 

Wow. He's calling the Democratic Party narrow-minded?
Pot. Kettle. Bishop.

Ji Wallace, Australian Olympic trampolinist, and Silver medalist at the 2000 Sydney games, 'coming out' as HIV-positive after seeing a Greg Louganis interview:
“I felt inspired to write. I too am an Olympic medal winner living with HIV. I have never publicly disclosed this before but felt inspired by [the] interview… and by Anderson Cooper’s ‘coming out’ letter last month describing ‘value in being seen and heard’ in the face of disturbing violence, bullying, persecution and condemnation by peers, colleagues, government officials and worst of all family and friends. I too have been that victim of these atrocious behaviours. Luckily I managed to come through....Being seen does have value. A voice does have value. I have the support of my boyfriend, my great friends and my loving parents. Many do not and this is, in part, for them."

Bravo.
More people who are positive need to come out. Silence does equal death. Silence also equals fear and intolerance.
HIV is not a death sentence, it's a medical condition.
It does not deserve shame.

Pat Robertson, on the LGBT protests of Chick-fil-Antigay:
"It’s a chicken sandwich, it’s a piece of white meat chicken between two pieces of white bread, it’s also a milkshake, now we’re going to go have demonstrations over that? But you know something, I was reading today in Leviticus, which is the law of the Old Testament, but it lays out the reasons why land will vomit out its inhabitants and it goes through a category of stuff we are calling Constitutional rights: killing babies, offering them to Moloch, and it says it is an abomination for a man to lie with a man as with a woman. It’s what it says. That is the moral law that God set forth and now we’ve got people at a university petitioning because somebody said I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. I defy these homosexuals to bring forth a baby from that part of the anatomy which they concentrate on, when that happens I will change everything I’m saying; until that happens, I wish those demonstrators would shut their mouth."

Oh, Pat, you delusional fuck.
No one is saying you don't have the right to your religious beliefs. The protests over Chick-fil-Antigay had to do with them taking our money and using it to fund anti-gay groups.
And lay off Leviticus, unless you've given up all shellfish and wearing mixed fabrics.
You want me to shut up? After you....

Adam Levine, musician,m on marriage equality:
"It's just so silly and it doesn't make any sense to me that you wouldn't be able to marry whomever you want to marry. It's not our business. I don't know why we're obsessed with making everything in this country our business, all the time. It seems we're a little behind on that, and we just need to make it legal and stop caring so much. It doesn't matter. And it shouldn't matter..."

Well, it does mater, and Dave matter, because equality matters.
But I do see Levine's point.
Jeremy Renner, on the KashKowdsahians, er, the Kardashians:
"Oh, all those ridiculous people with zero talent who spend their lives making sure everyone knows their name. Those stupid, stupid people." 

Word.
But you also need to blame the stupid, stupid people who follow that family.
You can't have an audience if no one is watching.
Dave Mustaine, Megadeth lead singer and born again "Christian," blaming Obama for the recent rash of shootings:
"Back in my country, my president is trying to pass a gun ban so he's staging all of these murders. The 'Fast and Furious' thing down at the border. And Aurora, Colorado, all the people that were killed there. And now, the beautiful people at the Sikh temple. I don't know where I'm going to live if America keeps going the way it's going because it looks like it's turning into Nazi America."


Dave. You're a moron.
Seriously. Obama is to blame, and not the NRA and not the fact that any wingnut can get an assault weapon just by asking for one and maybe showing an ID?
Stick to, um, singing, because you're an idiot about anything else.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:13 AM

    Dave Mudstain is just another example of what happens when fellow San Diegans become famous. They become asshats. See Kendra Wilkinson, Jimmie Johnson, Tawny Kitaen and your favorite....drum roll, please... Kris Jenner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:39 AM

    In order for a man to lie with a man as with a woman, wouldn't that man have to have a va jay jay? Just say'n.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As for me, I'll shut up when Robertson stones a woman for not being a virgin. That's in Leviticus, too, I believe. So I guess he is in favor of capital punishment for non-virgins! What a way to keep a woman in line, Pat.
    And the white chicken between slices of white bread just has a slight tinge of white supremacy.
    Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "unless you've given up all shellfish and wearing mixed fabrics."

    Somehow they never address the other whack-a-doodle parts of Leviticus do they?
    Somebody ought to make a t-shirt...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This religious freaks are too much

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......