Thursday, August 09, 2012

Bryan Fischer: Using Religion To Advocate Kidnapping

I am basically a ‘live and let live kind of guy. I believe what I believe and you may agree, or not, and that’s okay. That’s how I think about religion, too; I’m not a big believer, but if you are, well, that’s your right. I won’t try and change your mind, please don’t try and change mine. 

The one problem I do have with religion is those people that use their faith in God to practice hate, and I’m not just talking about the ‘God Hates Fags’ Westboro Baptist Church people. I don’t mind those people, actually, because you know what you’re gonna get from them. 

But I do have an issue with those people who use the Bible to tell me that God doesn’t want me to marry Carlos, or that God thinks I’m not capable of parenting a child; or that God thinks I shouldn’t be able to live there or work there, or walk down that street, or, sadly so, even be allowed to live. 

I have a problem with those ‘love the sinner, hate the sin’ people who say they don’t hate but then work overtime trying to prove otherwise.

People like Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association; that’s one of those oh-so-sweet sounding groups that seek to deny me my rights because God said so. Bryan Fischer hates gay people, and he can’t mask it as a Biblical belief. It’s hate. It’s fear. It’s loathing. It might even be self-loathing, because Fischer spends an awful lot of his time thinking about gay men and sex, and then runs to his computer to Tweet about it.

Like this week when he Tweeted that we—well, not me because I’m, apparently, the problem—need a sort of “Underground Railroad to deliver innocent children from same-sex households.” Now, it seems that he was referring to the story of Lisa Miller, a so-called ex-gay, kidnapped the daughter she had with her same-sex partner and disappeared. Miller is still being track by federal authorities for kidnapping, but people like Fischer call her a hero.

But then Fischer takes his theory of kidnapping children from gay parent households further, by including the story of one Robert Oscar Lopez, who blames all the ills of his life on the fact that he had two moms. Lopez thinks he wouldn’t be an outcast in the world today if he’d grown up in a “normal” home. Lopez thinks that his own sexual orientation issues are his mothers’ fault.

And both of these stories have lead Bryan Fischer, that self-proclaimed man of God, to suggest that the children of same-sex parents should be stolen from them, and taken through some kind of Anti-Gay Underground Railroad to safety in the arms of a one-man/one-woman home. He is equating the children of same-sex parents with slaves, and equating same-sex parents with slave owners.

He is using God to promote hate. He is using God to advocate criminal behavior. Remember that if you ever hear one story about the child, or children, of a same-sex couple being kidnapped. Think of who to blame.

Think of Bryan Fischer and his special brand of God Hates Fags.

5 comments:

  1. Let's park this in his backyard. Apply the same logic to couples of different religions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I'm curious about is what happens when/if one of those "rescued" children end up in the hands of a religious child molester or child abuser? Where do they go then? And what happens if the "rescued" child doesn't want to be "rescued"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe this sh*t? Surely, ravings like this will get him on all the government watch lists that he's not already a part of.

    Why isn't "inciting kidnapping", somehow, a criminal offense. He's aiding and abetting to some degree, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WTeverlovinF? kidnapping is a federal offense!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Religion is the root of all evil.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......