Friday, August 03, 2012

Must Have: A Piece Of Literary History

Okay, so it isn't the biggest place and it isn't the most posh, but some of the most amazing people have lived in this house. Or, at least, in the mind of the owner of this house.
See, Tales of the City author, Armistead Maupin, is actually leaving San Francisco for the American Southwest, and his home in the City by the Bay is up for sale. Since I've loved his books, and read them all, I think this is a Must Have for me.
There are three bedrooms and two bathrooms--perfect for Carlos and me, and the children--and, well, it's smaller than Casa Bob y Carlos in Smallville at just 1600 square feet, but, oh, I so want it. It's three floors, and includes that necessity for San Francisco homes, a garage. There are views of the hills, and views of the bay and views of The City.
The living room, dining room, and kitchen are all on the main level, with two bedrooms and a bath on the second floor, and the master bedroom, and rooftop deck, on top. There are beautifully landscaped gardens at the front and the back, and it is close to just about everything one could need. Golden Gate Park is just blocks away!
I.Must.Have.It.
Now, where is my winning Lotto ticket because this slice of Literary Heaven is for sale at $1.2 million.
A pittance, really.

3 comments:

  1. Like you, I'm a huge fan and would also love to live in such an inspiring home. Is it really just 1600 sq ft? It looks bigger in the photos.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......