Friday, June 15, 2012

I Didn't Say It ....


Joan Rivers, in her new book, I Hate Everybody Including Me, on Glee:
"You know that cute Asian boy who plays a freshman? In real life he's a thirty-year-old man and he's upside down on a mortgage in Burbank. The only way Lea Michele is in high school is if she's part of some bizarre religious cult and she's come back to school with bombs strapped to her boobs. The only true character on Glee is the fat girl because in real life she is a fat girl. On Glee all the homo kids are smiling and giggly and they spend every day singing in the halls. When I went to high school, the homos spent most of their days hiding in their lockers, crying!"

She’s irreverent, she’s sometimes rude, but she’s always funny.
Love me some JR.

Patrick Wooden, “pastor”, saying no one wants a gay child:
”Young people grow up and it's amazing what happens when you become a mom or a dad yourself. It's amazing what happens when, all of a sudden now you are entrusted with a young life and that kid looks just like you and all of a sudden now it's your little boy or your little girl. No one wants their son to be a homosexual. No one wants their daughter to be a homosexual. No one, no one would want their child - even the homosexual father doesn't want his son to be homosexual; the lesbian mother does not want her daughter to be lesbian."

I think most good parents just want healthy, decent children who grow up to be healthy decent adults and not mind-numbingly dumb, homophobic—and therefore possibly homosexual—bigots who hide their hate behind the Bible.
Eh, “pastor”? I imagine your parents are not so proud of their child.

Lawrence O'Donnell, on the story that Mittsy Romney used to brag about impersonating a police officer:
“When Mitt Romney wasn't gay bashing kids whose hair he didn't like, Mitt Romney’s other favorite sick thing to do was to impersonate a police officer. In an exclusive article just released tonight by the National Memo, details emerge of a Mitt Romney who as a college freshman at Stanford University allegedly admitted to fellow dorm mates that he sometimes disguised himself as a police officer, and laid out on his bed was a Michigan state trooper's uniform. One of the people who saw the uniform said he told us that he had gotten the uniform from his father, George Romney, then the governor of Michigan, whose security detail was staffed by uniform troopers. He told us that he was using it to pull over drivers on the road. 'He also had a red flashing light that he would attach to the top of his white rambler. We thought it was all pretty weird....'”

The more you hear about the wacky shenanigans of young Mittsy, you know his bullying of supposedly gay students and his physical assaults on those students, and now the idea that he used to pretend to be a police officer, just serves to make it clear that he is not fit to be president.
Of anything.

Tim Walberg, congressman from Michigan, whose bill to allow prayer before public school board meetings has 33 GOP House cosponsors:
"This is not an issue of school prayer, it's an issue of a fact that a school board--like the legislature or Congress or the Supreme Court; a deliberative body making decisions that have the force of law--should be, if they desire--not mandated, but if they desire, and the community supports it--that they should be able to open in prayer."

Apparently in Michigan everything is just fine. Unemployment is way down and the economy is just booming—and Detroit isn’t on the brink of going broke—because why else would someone who should know something about “Separation Of Church and State” even be suggesting that prayer be allowed in public schools?
I mean, if they do this, then I suggest that Walberg and his icky ilk demand that churches teach algebra on Sundays because the line between church and state no longer exists in Michigan.

Adam Levine, on women:
"There are two kinds of men. There are men who are f**king misogynist pigs, and then there are men who just really love women, who think they're the most amazing people in the world. And that's me. Maybe the reason I was promiscuous, and wanted to sleep with a lot of them, is that I love them so much."

Um, there might be two types of men, Adam “MY birth control method is to pull out” Levine, but you are one of the misogynists.
You f**k around a lot because you love women? No, you f**k around a lot because you’re a douchebag rock star who bought into a myth and now tried to justify it.

Celine Dion, on Kate Winslet's diss of the Titanic theme song:
"The way I see it is that ‘My Heart Will Go On’ gave me the opportunity to be associated with a classic that will live forever. If I just count how many times I’ve sung it, maybe it’ll get me sick. If she feels tired just hearing it, and, like, throwing up, I’m glad she was not the one singing it."

Don’t take it personally, Celine.
Lots of people want to throw up when you start singing.

Carrie Underwood, on marriage equality:
"As a married person myself, I don't know what it's like to be told I can't marry somebody I love, and want to marry. I can't imagine how that must feel. I definitely think we should all have the right to love, and love publicly, the people that we want to love....Our church is gay friendly. Above all, God wanted us to love others. It's not about setting rules, or [saying] 'everyone has to be like me'. No. We're all different. That's what makes us special. We have to love each other and get on with each other. It's not up to me to judge anybody."

Nice that a very popular and very successful country music performer has come out for equality.
It’s about time.

Zach Wahls, on the Boy Scouts decision to review its anti-LGBT policy:
“It’s not a smokescreen. This proposal was made after Jen Tyrrell’s petition on Change.org. So even though this has been brought up in the past, it’s never gotten nearly the level of attention that it has today. And as another departure from the past, there’s never been a group-- which I actually launched in coordination with a number of other Eagle Scouts today called Scouts For Equality-- and we’re going to be working with a number of different groups to really build a community of scouts-- Eagle scouts, former scout leaders, that sort of thing--we’re really going to work toward making this policy change."

I hope he’s right.
I hope the BSA finally decides to stop being bigots.

Lady Gaga, on Madonna….maybe:
"It sometimes makes people feel better about themselves to put other people down or make fun of them or maybe make mockery of their work…And that doesn’t make me feel good at all. That just makes me feel like I’m not a good human being…I don’t even want to fight back because it’s more important to me to keep writing music. Because that’s really all I care about, is the music. Things are really different than they were 25 years ago, and that’s what makes Born This Way so relevant for me… We’re socially in a different place and it’s OK, we don’t have to all slice and hate each other anymore.”

But Madonna has to make fun of Gaga and show her nipples in concert to get press,
Stop the hate, Madge.
Listen to Gaga.

Betty White, on being a gay icon:
"Oh! I didn't know I was a gay icon. I get a lot of mail--but I don't get many bad letters--but I got a woman the other day that was so upset with me because they said, 'How do you feel about the gay marriage thing?' and my answer to that is, 'I really don't care with whom you sleep, I just care what kind of a decent human being you are.' I figure all the rest of it is your business and not mine. And not hers, incidentally."

Preach it Sister Betty!
And you are a gay icon.

James Turley, Global Chairman & CEO of Ernst & Young, calling on the Boy Scouts to drop its anti-LGBT discriminatory policy:
“Ernst & Young is proud to have such a strong record in LGBT inclusiveness. As CEO, I know that having an inclusive culture produces the best results, is the right thing for our people and makes us a better organization. My experience has led me to believe that an inclusive environment is important throughout our society and I am proud to be a leader on this issue. I support the meaningful work of the Boy Scouts in preparing young people for adventure, leadership, learning and service, however the membership policy is not one I would personally endorse. As I have done in leading Ernst & Young to being a most inclusive organization, I intend to continue to work from within the BSA Board to actively encourage dialogue and sustainable progress.”

Sounds about right.
I mean, how can the BSA say they build character in young people when they openly discriminate?
That isn’t character.

8 comments:

  1. Betty White makes me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gal Gaga. Keeping it classy, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Joanie and she is exactly right about the oldsters playing teenagers on "Glee" which is exactly why I don't waste my time watching that fiction concocted by Hollywood losers. You know a show about teenagers would be interesting if there were really teenagers on the show but Hollywood doesn't understand that. It's all about them. I'm with Joanie, give 'em the One Finger Salute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Gaga on her attitude towards people who make themselves feel better by putting others down. In fact I just wrote a blog about this very subject. All my life I've had to endure those kind of people because they viewed my good nature as a weakness. No more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is some posting you have here Bob! I love Betty White. I've been a fan of hers ever since the Fifties. Our family first noticed her because she bore such a strong resemblance to my mother who was also named "Betty" (not Elizabeth but Betty). Every time I see Betty White I think of my Mother. I had some Mother didn't I? Yes, I know I was very lucky and Betty White is a national treasure. Long live Betty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bob,

    Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! for your Celine Dion comment. My first LAUGH OUT LOUD today. I feel the same way when I hear old Horse Face open her tap, nauseated.
    You're right on about Adam Levine. Most rock stars are got into the business so they could f*ck and get blow jobs on command.
    Carrie Underwood is a doll, I"ve always liked her and Zach Wahls is going places. He is so articulate and likable.
    And Mittsy, this is one strange dude. There are a lot of reasons he should be president but the main one to me is his excuse why none of his five sons served in the military. He said, with a straight face, that his sons helping on on his campaign was THE SAME AS SERVING IN THE MILITARY. No f*ck face, it is not! What a douche. And this is a person reasonable people are seriously considering electing president?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I mean to say "open her TRAP." No amount of money with expensive hairdos can change what this woman is, a horse faced bore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, Carrie! I am not a fan of country music, but kadooz to her! That took some balls.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......