Saturday, December 30, 2023

Why Is It ...

… that the people who demand you say, ‘Merry Christmas,’ instead of ‘Happy Holidays’ the same people who worship the guy whose Christmas wish was ‘Rot in hell’?

… that a lot of attractive people suddenly become unappealing when you find out how they think?

… that whenever a Southerner tells me that it’s not ‘soda,’ it’s ‘pop,’ I always feel the need to ask them how many times they go to a bar and order ‘vodka and pop’?

… that sometimes when I can’t explain what I’m feeling I can find a song that can?

… that sometimes I’ll say ‘I don’t care’ about a proposition and then talk to myself about it for three days?

… that I wish people would be more grateful that I am not as disrespectful as I can be?

… that pickles are fantastic until you’re in one?

… that when someone tells me I’m cute, I think, ‘I’m feral and chaotic, so don’t touch me’?

… that I still don’t know what I’m wearing to the living room for New Year’s Eve so I might not even go?

19 comments:

  1. There is no dress code for New Years eve, just don't scare the pets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last one sums up my New Year's Eve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's our plan, too, and we prefer it. We haven't gone out on NYE in years because of the crowds and we keep it peaceful.

      Delete
  3. Yes, the "rot in Hell," was a cheery note wasn't it? Do people really drink vodka and soda? I hate to tell you, New Year's Eve is just another night for everyone else in the Universe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As someone who helped pay for his college by bartending, lots of people drink vodka/soda or bourbon/soda.
      And I disagree; a lotta folks go out and celebrate and a lotta folks stay home and celebrate; we're in the latter group.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:45 AM

    the dog's mother
    pjs is the outfit of choice around here
    for New Year's Eve.
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Your last one made me laugh. We'll be in the living room too! I promise not to overdress and upstage you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think nearly everyone will upstage me; I might stay in flannels and a sweater and socks for the entire day!

      Delete
  6. Cleora Borealis12:48 PM

    Yah! I just bought my ticket to that same NY Eve "come as you are" event! Surprisingly easy to score a ticket even though the crowds are gonna be ginormous!! 🥳

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our tickets are sold out; of course, there were just two tickets available and we snapped 'em up!

      Delete
  7. I can most assuredly tell you what I'll be wearing on NYE - pajamas! I'll be surprised if I'm still awake at 10 p.m. local.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we are always up at midnight and do the toast and the kiss and then head to bed about 1AM!

      Delete
  8. A proposition ... Man, I wouldn't think on it for 3 days, I'd jump on that! Wait ... that's not the kind of proposition you are talking about! Right?
    LOL ... Happy New Year! 🎊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not so much a thinker as I am an over-thinker!

      Delete
  9. "that whenever a Southerner tells me that it’s not ‘soda,’ it’s ‘pop,’ I always feel the need to ask them how many times they go to a bar and order ‘vodka and pop’?"

    THANK YOU! I hate the word pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never used the word pop except maybe one summer as a kid when I called my dad 'pop'!

      Delete
  10. I know exactly what I am wearing to the living room for New Year's Eve. Pyjamas, just like every other night I go to the living room, which is actually the other half of the room I am in now.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......