Thursday, December 28, 2023

Bobservations

I was posting this edition of Bobservations and I had no funny story about Carlos this week, so I thought I’d share a short video of him playing his trumpet to open the South Carolina World Aids Day event in Columbia earlier this month:

That’s my husband, but 

I told him I was posting the video and he’d forgotten I posted  it to Facebook weeks ago, so today he decides to search Facebook and asks me what my page is called:

“What my page is called?”

“Yes. Because I keep getting your dad’s page.”

“My page is my name.”

“It keeps taken me to your dad’s page.”

“Robert?”

“Yes.”

“That’s not my name.”

“Well, what name is your Facebook page under?”

Yes, my husband asked me my name.

He.Asked.My.Name. Oy.

This Tuxedo Memory is from May 2013

"Notes From Smallville ... From Fun to Frivolous to Factual

I have said before that Tuxedo is the Most Handsome Cat ever, and, well, to brag some more he is also incredibly smart. And understands English.

See, when it’s dinner time, no matter where he is in the house, I can shout, ‘Tucky, are you hungry?’ And he races into the kitchen for his meal.

Sure, you say, but he’s a cat and he’s hungry.

But then, explain this: when I am ready to go to bed, I say, ‘Tucky, are you ready for sleeps?’ and her runs down the hallway to the bedroom.

I know.

And then this: our cats do not go outside. We have no way to contain them in our yard because we have an on-the-short-side split rail fence that they can jump. Plus, there are all kinds of other animals and diseases that they could catch being outside. So, inside they stay. But, Tuxedo, being the King Cat of the house, is allowed to go outside with supervision, meaning I carry him around the yard and he sniffs the trees and the flowers and bird watches.

So, Sunday afternoon, after working in the yard, I came inside, and yelled, ‘Tucky? Wanna go outside?’ and he came meowing down the hallway and ran right to the sliding doors of the sunroom, ready to tour the yard."

Smartest Cat ever; and, of course, the most handsome, too.

Fox and Friends host Griff Jenkins ripped President Biden a new one for going to St. Croix for vacation though he clearly had zero issue with Inmate # P01135809 golfing every weekend while millions of Americans died of COVID.

PS Griff Jenkins was substituting for regular Fox & Friends hosts … who were on vacation.

I went to the grocery store today and the cashier said my total was $208.47. I wanted a second opinion so I went to self-checkout and my new total was $43.20.

This Congress began its term with a bitter 15-round spectacle to elect a House speaker, a Republican who vowed to “never quit,” and then did just that. Then GOP House lawmakers punished one of their own colleagues with censures and expulsion, launched an impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden and were barely able to keep federal offices from shuttering. And with just 27 bills and resolutions signed into law this is the most do-nothing session of Congress in recent times.

On the flip side, when Democrats are in Control things get done. CAST A GODDAMNED BLUE VOTE!

I could be wrong, but I saw somewhere that this will be Santa’s new outfit from now on. Now, that’s a lap I could sit on.

The Francis Howell School Board, a conservative-led Missouri school board, has voted to drop elective courses on Black history and literature, five months after the same board rescinded an anti-discrimination policy adopted in the aftermath of the killing of George Floyd.

Black Lives Matter. Black History Matters.

In Ohio, a grand jury is set to decide whether Brittany Watts, who miscarried a nonviable fetus should face criminal charges.

Yes, criminal charges for a miscarriage. Watts was reportedly turned into the police after her miscarriage and has been charged with the fifth-degree felony of “abuse of a corpse.”

Wake up, people, this is the GOP at work, jailing women for miscarriages.

Jarryd Nurden is a singer, actor, dancer, model, life coach, equestrian and fitness model, and this week’s entrant in the Would You Hit It club.

37 comments:

  1. Me, too!! I am so tired of the rampant stupid!
    Trying to train a husband is like trying to herd cats ... Tuxedo is the exception! Carlos ... 🤷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some folks are lactose-intolerant, I am ignorant-intolerant.
      Tuxedo IS the exception and Carlos is Carlos is Carlos, and that's why I love him.

      Delete
  2. My guess is the difference between the cashier and the self-checkout was because you put back on the shelf the 5 bottles of champers, the fresh oysters and the kkk chocolate bars and hey presto your bill was mightily reduced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The difference was that I didn't ring up all the food!

      j/k

      Delete
    2. Yeah, that's called stealing, but I won't tell anyone.

      Delete
  3. So what IS your name?
    Jarryd Nurden is a keeper but I'm obsessing about next year's Santa Claus.
    Marjorie Taylor Greene? That's the problem with stupid people. They don't even know they're stupid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My name is why I'm in the Witness protection program!

      And Santa? 👀👀👀👀

      Large Marge is the Lauren Boebert of the Matt Gaetz'.

      Delete
  4. I didn't know Carlos was a talented trumpet player! Good job, Carlos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Self-taught, too, for the most part!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous11:08 AM

    the dog's mother
    (Carlos) (Tuxedo)
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent job, Carlos! Now learn Bob's name. LOL

    SANTA! Wow!

    As for Jarryd, I'm not sure because 1) he's named Jarryd, and 2) he's a life coach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept shouting as he walked away, "YOU DON'T KNOW MY NAME?????"
      As for Jarryd, I may have to forget his name and call him something else!
      I'm already trying to scout the mall where Beefcake Santa will be next December.
      I will have to call Jarryd by a different name I think, thoi

      Delete
  7. MTG is so stupid that she doesn't see the irony in her statement. That's a whole new level of stupid. I enjoyed the trumpet solo! I think cats are way smarter than we give them credit for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Large Marge should be forced to look at herself in the mirror while all her idiotic statements play on a continuous loop!

      Tuxedo was far smarter than me or Carlos, which is why he ran things around here!

      Delete
  8. Cleora Borealis11:53 AM

    Your sagas of life with Carlos...what a stitch! 🤣 But, you're not fooling anyone, those stories are why you love him! Damn, Tuxedo knew he was the chosen one...that look into the camera!! If I had been a cat, I woulda hit that!! How do you say "hubba hubba" in cat?! 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Carlos tales are what makes this live a fabulous fun ride!
      Tuxedo knew he was special and we were lucky to have him ... being quite the little poser!

      Delete
  9. I choked on my coffee with that last one about MTG! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Marge doesn't even see the irony.

      Delete
  10. I'm glad my wife's miscarriage was before the Supreme Court illegally took down Roe v Wade

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice of Carlos to give you a story to share. :)
    After the trauma of a miscarriage, it would be a miscarriage of justice to find the poor woman guilty of a crime.
    MTG thinks other people are stupid? Wow, they must be really bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was all happy to share him playing the trumpet and then he just had to ask my name! Oy!
      Our country and women's rights are headed backwards at an alarming rate.
      Truth about Marge!

      Delete
  12. Carlos was great, and... oh... how did you know red is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Carlos also spoke at the event but I was so busy watching and listening and beaming at him that I forgot to record that bit!

      Delete
  13. MTG is tired of being around stupid people in Congress??? shit...she and I finally agree on something!!!!!!

    And yes to Santa's new outfit!!!!!!!!! HOT!!!!!!! yOU'D HAVE TO GET A CROWBAR TO PRY ME OFF THAT!!!!

    Loved the clip of Carlos playing!!! Wee!!!!! Thanks for posting that, ah, hmmmm, what's you name again????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MTG has bitched about her colleagues for so long and yet she stays and talks "space lasers" and "peach tree dishes" and "Pelosi's gazpacho police."
      I need that Santa.
      And seriously, Carlos saying "What name do you use on Facebook" slayed me. I am still dogging him about that!

      Delete
  14. There must be a lot of mirrors around Marjorie Taylor Greene when she is in Congress. As for Carlos - it's healthy to blow your own trumpet once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marge sees stupid everywhere, especially the mirror!
      And Carlos blows a mean horn ....

      Delete
  15. Marge is such a hoot. My boyfriend Carlos is a great trumpeter. Tuxedo was a genius cat. Just arrest all the women of child-bearing age now and then arrest all the women who might provide support to the women of child-bearing age. Before you know it, all the women will be gone. Yay! Lock me up!

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to think that arresting women when they get pregnant to assure the baby is carried to term even if it's not viable, a child of rape or incest, or the pregnancy could kill the mother is where the US is headed, but it is if we elect Republicans.

      Yes, your boyfriend plays a mean trumpet!
      And Tuxedo was a genius!

      Delete
  16. Oy indeed, and he plays quite well, I recognised the tune. Tuxedo was very smart, cats can learn stuff just like dogs can. My cat Lola lives indoors, it's actually the law here though many choose to ignore it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos does enjoy his music; it's kind of a meditative thing for him.
      And I agree about cats, like dogs, learning things.

      Delete
  17. Ha ha, I think I'm in love with your husband!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I could believe in Santa again, but would I be a good boy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I wouldn't be good ...

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......