Thursday, July 06, 2023

Bobservations

So, we know that for years I called Carlos Mister Magoo, as his eyesight progressively got worse … hey, it’s a term of endearment, and he knows it.

Well, this past Monday he went out to clean poop from the yard where Ozzo grazes; Ozzo has been confined to a small spot in the yard because he gets out, and we cannot find the spot, and with his bad eyesight, something awful could happen.

So, Carlos was cleaning poop, and came back in the house and told me his new name was:

Mister MagooPoop.

And so it is …

Back in June of 2010, I posted this about The Great Tuxedo:

“Artist's Model

Years ago, in San Francisco, a friend and I stumbled upon a cool little furniture store in the Mission, where I saw this piece of wrought iron sculpture called "Twisted Kitty."

I bought it instantly.

This morning, finding Tuxedo on the floor, I wondered if, in one of his Nine Lives, he'd been the inspiration.”

That cat could contort himself into so many positions.

On Fourth of July, the Republican Party’s official Twitter account posted this:

“247 years ago, our forefathers told Ol’ King George to get lost! Happy Independence Day from the GOP!”

Nice, I guess, but the flags they used in their graphic were not American flags but Liberian flags. Yes, the GOP can’t spot an American flag to save their lives.

Now a Confederate flag on the other hand …

A gunman armed with an AR-style rifle and a handgun and wearing a bulletproof vest killed five men and injured a toddler and teenager in a mass shooting in Southwest Philadelphia this week.

Just another day in the United States of Guns.

PS There were a total of sixteen mass shootings on Independence Day.

In Wyoming, for now, abortion pills will remain legal in Wyoming after a judge ruled that the state’s first-in-the-nation law to ban them won’t take effect as planned while a lawsuit proceeds.

In Florida a federal court blocked the state’s new drag show law, ruling the state’s effort to bar children from attending drag shows, or readings, is overly vague and likely unconstitutional. That news came one day after another federal court overturned a DeSantis-backed law prohibiting gender-affirming care treatment from being covered by Medicaid.

In Illinois Governor JB Pritzker signed legislation to ban libraries from banning books. Banning bans; I like that.

In Kentucky, a federal judge has blocked the state’s ban on gender-affirming care for trans youth from taking effect.

In Michigan, Nexstar Media Group fired one of its television news directors who sent out a memo urging reporters to lessen their coverage of Pride Month because the stories were upsetting conservative viewers.

Is anyone surprised about this? In a Supreme Court facing ethics challenges with at least four conservative justices, now comes the news that Lorie Smith’s, the website designer, case of denying service to a gay couple was an utter and complete lie.

The case [303 Creative LLC v. Elenis] was a hypothetical case about what might happen if a gay couple asked bigot and homophobe Bible-thumping Lorie Smith to design a website for their wedding.

Yes, the Supreme Court  ruled on a “what if” but if we vote, and if we get more than 67 Democrats in the Senate there could be a change to these grifting, lying, rogue, ruling for cash Justices. Impeach them.

After picking her son up from school one day, the mother asks him what he that day and he says:

"I had sex with my teacher."

The mother is furious and when they get home, she orders him to go straight to his room to wait until his father gets home. When the father gets home, the mother angrily tells him the news of what their son had done. As the father hears the news, a huge grin spreads across his face and he goes to his son's room and asks him what happened at school.

"I had sex with my teacher."

“Oh, son, I’m so proud of you, and so I am going to buy you that bicycle you’ve been wanting.”

On the way to the store, the dad asks his son if he would like to ride his new bike home, and the son says:

"No thanks Dad, my butt still hurts."

I warned you.

The Barbie movie opens soon and while I won’t be seeing it—it seems too cutesy and whimsical and, well, kinda dumb—there are some attractive men in it. So this week we’ll play Which One Would you Hit? We’ll start in the upper left corner and move clockwise through the mens, starting with Ryan Gosling, Ncuti Gatwa, Scott Evans, Simu Liu, Kingsley Ben-Adir and Conner Swindells. In full transparency I’d pick Kingsley Ben-Adir because he’s hot and he also satisfies my Barack Obama fantasies. Now it’s your turn …

37 comments:

  1. That flag faux pas was a hoot!! And Lori doesn't care what you think, thanks to her beliefs she can lie as much as she wants and still get into heaven. Ryan Gosling... did you really need to ask?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leviticus 19:28,forbids tattoos; Lori the lying bigoted homophobe fake christians has tattoos. So she just picks and chooses the parts of the Bible to suit her hatred.
      And she can fuck all the way off.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I had heard that the Lorie Smith case was based on a hypothetical, instead of a real, fact scenario. In the Canadian legal system, those are called "stated cases" and may only be brought before a court by a government, not by a private citizen. And they are to be used only in exceptional circumstances, so they are rare here. The Smith case is a good example of the danger of indiscriminate use of stated cases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a case of "what if" and it never happened. It's disgusting that the so-called High Court even heard it much less ruled on it.

      Delete
  3. Oh I see you have Carlos now heckling himself!

    And Marsha Blackburn? I've seen drag queens with teased out hair that look better.

    That Lori Smith episode is always a split thought with me. It's fine if she doesn't want to help gay people, but if I'm a gay person and I go to a bakery for example and they have an issue baking me a cake, then why would I even pursue business with them? Which is why I don't know why the gay community does not try to use gay-owned businesses first. But on the other hand and in this economy, I don't know how anyone can afford to turn any business away?

    And I'm with you on the Barbie movie. Even that eye candy is not going to get me to buy a ticket for that shit. That looks like one of those movies where I'm going to need an ice pick to poke my eyes and ear drums out. And I can already tell there's probably going to be like 23 sequels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally asked Carlos tonight at dinner: "What does she look like?" And then we both began laughing.
      Poor Marsha Marsha Marsha. Ugly is forever.
      Except no one asked Lori to make a website for a gay wedding; she made the story up, it's a lie. That said, put signs in your windows about who you will not serve so i can pass you buy because I don't give money to hate.
      Ack to the Barbie movie ... okurrrr to some of those hot mens.

      Delete
  4. Hahaha
    Oh, Carlos. But hey, there's his sense of humor.
    And did you expect anything less from the idiots at the GOP? I agree with you, a confederate flag? They would have recognized that one right away.
    I'm not sure I'll go see the Barbie movie (not even Ryan Gosling would convince me) but I would not be mad at all if you'd give my number to Mr. Liu. Nope, not mad at all.
    Tuxedo!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos has a very good sense of humor and when he nails a joke, he really nails it!
      The GOP is just a joke. Deplorable.
      I'd like a little something with Kingsley Ben-Adir please.
      And tTuxedo; always!
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Anonymous11:22 AM

    the dog's mother
    (Carlos) (Tuxedo always)
    Good for the good news!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to have a few bits of good news, eh?
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Is that Marsha Blackburn? Good Lord! That hair!

    I'm embarrassed at how funny I thought that joke was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Marsha under that bird's nest.
      I was telling that joke at work today and most people were trying not to laugh, but couldn't help themselves.

      Delete
  7. I am sorry to hear that Carlos's eyesight is getting worse. Good job he's got you there to care for him - even though you joke about his disability. Maybe SCOTUS could tackle that one - making it a criminal offence to mock people with disabilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, Carlos and I both joke about his failing eyesight because there's nothing else to do about it; it likely won't ever change so we do what we can and smile at the rest of it.
      Plus, this time he mocked himself.

      Delete
    2. Does Carlos have cataracts? Because those can be fixed.

      Delete
  8. Perhaps those 16 mass shooters thought they were slaughtering Redcoats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should'a been using muskets then, so they could only get a shot off every few minutes.

      Delete
  9. The Liberian flag--I am dumbstruck. Then the hairdo, shocking. I have to admit that I didn't get the joke. :( I'm dense sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reread the joke, and if you still don't get it, giggle at the GOP and their flag issues and Marsha's bad hair LIFE!

      Delete
  10. Guns, guns, guns- is there really no stopping gun violence in this country, Bob??
    Somebody stop the madness of the guns - and the madness of the supremes who hate everyone except the rich and richer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the only way to stop this gun madness is to follow the coins from the NRA and vote all those candidates who take blood money and send them packing.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. It looks like something I pulled out of the drain after washing the dog!

      Delete
  12. aussieguy5:15 PM

    Snort on Mr. MagooPoop! As for Barbie? Eh, just give me Ken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos is funny, and I imagine you'd like the anatomically correct Ken?

      Delete
  13. That last one had me laughing out loud. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Betty Bowers is hilarious!

      Delete
  14. I'll take Ryan Gosling for $100,000, Alex, and I hope it's a Daily Double. I've been a Gosling fan for a long time, although I won't go out to see the Barbie movie. If it streams on something I have, then I might watch it when I don't have to pay extra for it. I love it when Ronaldo does something unconstitutional and a judge says NO. I've been out of touch too long and don't know who Ozzo is.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can fight Dave for Mr. Gosling, I guess. I don't think I'd watch Barbie even for free; it does nothing for me but what do I know.
      Ozzo is our old old old dog ... he's hedging on 19 years old.
      xoxo

      Delete
    2. Wow! He's older than Franklin, who is struggling to get around at almost 15.

      Delete
    3. As our vet says, for a deaf, arthritic, nearly blind, nearly 20-year-old dog who suffers from incontinence at times he's really quite healthy.

      Delete
  15. I laughed, I cried, it's a wonderful night at the theater, I mean here on Thursdays! (said in my best New York accent) xoxo (OMG, I hope someone remembers the commercial, otherwise the joke is flat, sweetpea!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughing and crying is a good compliment, I think ... though maybe more laughing and less tears???
      Have a faboosh weekend!
      xoxo

      Delete
    2. Absolutely a good compliment, sweetpea! Cheers to FAB weekend for everyone! (except TFG and his ilk!)xoxo

      Delete
  16. I'm liking all those bans getting banned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Banning bans is the only ban I get behind.

      Delete
  17. About a decade ago, a school teacher was arrested for having sex with student in a church parking lot near where my parents lived, my father quipped, "if that happened in my day, maybe I wouldn't have dropped out of school."

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......