Thursday, December 07, 2023

Bobservations

As is usual around Casa Bob y Carlos I do the Christmas decorations. One could say it’s because of Carlos’ eyesight, which could be true; or it might be because he doesn’t enjoy it like I do, which is also somewhat accurate; or you could say it’s because I become a demon at Christmas and direct him where to put ornaments and such because one time he lined up three … THREE … blue ornaments in a row; the paramedics took an hour to revive me.

So Carlos says I am a combination of Martha Stewart, Joan Crawford and Adolf Hitler when I decorate the tree so for these past several years he disappears when the ornaments come out. But, he does his part; we have an artificial tree—we are surrounded by pine trees and so I don’t want a dead one in my house—and he puts it together before he disappears. This weekend we got the tree, the ornaments, the decorations, lights, holiday bric-a-brac from the garage and I went back to blog as Carlos assembled the tree. I was minding my own business when  I heard him say:

“Hey Jon Stewart, the tree is ready!”

Jon Stewart? Comedian? Political activist? Christmas? Then it hit me … Joan Crawford sounds a little John Crawford with his accent and then  he’d stirred in Martha Stewart.

John. Stewart.

Carlos, the gift that keeps on giving.

This Tuxedo memory is from April 2012:

"Caturday

This is the Smallville version of Neighborhood Watch.

Not as much Yin-and-Yang as it is Yin-and-Yin."

There was always something in the yard to keep Consuelo and Tuxedo watching, and I miss my two boys and their cuddle time.

I swear when I saw this post on JoeMyGod I thought someone had purchased Hawaiian Air for $1.98 and instantly wondered why I missed that chance.

In Pennsylvania, while most of the newly sworn in members to the Central Bucks school board chose to swear their oaths on a bible, incumbent Karen Smith brought a stack of other books to the ceremony … and took her oath of office with her hand placed on top of six frequently banned and challenged books.

The tide may be changing; keep that in mind and vote accordingly.

The same crowd that has carried a grudge against Jane Fonda for 50 years think we should "get past" Jan 6th.

A man died and went to Heaven. As he stood in front of St. Petere at the Pearly Gates he noticed a huge wall of clocks and asked:

“What are those clocks?”

St. Peter answered:

“Those are Lie Clocks. Everyone on Earth has a Lie Clock and every time someone lies the hands on their clock moves forward.”

‘Whose clock is that?”

“That’s Mother Teresa’s. The hands on her clock have never moved, indicating that she never told a lie.”

“Incredible.”

“And that’s Abraham Lincoln’s clock. The hands have moved twice, telling us that Lincoln told two lies during his entire life.”

“Where’s, um, Thing 45’s clock?”

“Oh, Jesus took it to his office. He’s using it as a ceiling fan.”

How fast is your clock moving?

The New Hampshire GOP just introduced a bill to ban abortion after just fifteen days; days, not weeks. 

Remember that when you go to the polls; most Americans believe in a woman’s right to choose but still the GOP stands in her way.

She’s quite sweet and affectionate and loves to be petted and held but, man, does Rosita have Resting Bitch Face or what?

Moms for Liberty Bigotry and Hate co-founder Bridget Ziegler has left her position at the conservative Leadership Institute, which has already removed her name from its website in wake of a three-way sex scandal and criminal probe involving her husband.

Ziegler and her husband liked adding another woman to their sexual escapades, which is not a bad thing among consenting adults, but when you paint yourself as the model of Christianity and Liberty and all that other balderdash, you just look like a lying, hypocritical fool. Bye.

Alexandre Faucon is an Italian artist, originally from Tuscany who now lives in Brussels; all well and good, but Would You Hit It?

37 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:12 AM

    the dog's mother
    (Carlos) (Consuelo and Tuxedo always)
    Love the swearing in on banned books!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that swearing in, too!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. First, Happy Holidays!! Second, I'll get over Jan 6th when they get over the War of Northern Aggression. Third, Rosita could be an internet star and earn you millions. Finally, with that chest, I'd remind myself that I'm married, like a mantra. Again, have a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Rosita could make me millions I might be able tom put up with The Face!
      Happy Holidays!

      Delete
  3. Krayolakris9:42 AM

    We love you Carlos aka Mrs. Malaprop. Oh, Alexandre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody loves Carlos!
      And Alexandre, too!

      Delete
  4. Oh Rosita! Has anyone ever told you that you are STUNNING? It can only be because they're all lost for words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's pretty fond of herself, too!

      Delete
  5. I don't decorate. Pennsylvania is also the home of John Fetterman, who did an outstanding job using a cameo from Santos to troll Bob Menendez. One of the most telling parts about the Ziegler threesome is that the 3rd party cancelled when Bridget cancelled because, as she has admitted, Bridget was the one she was interested in, not the husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have people over throughout the holiday season for drinks and such and we like coming home to a decorated house ourselves.

      Delete
  6. This had me LOLing "...THREE … blue ornaments in a row; the paramedics took an hour to revive me." You are such a a diva!!!
    Rosita has that "are you talking about me?" look! I think she is watching your clock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosita might very well be watching my clock; she's a Demon, though a Delightful one.

      Delete
  7. Ceiling fan, LOL! Swearing an oath on a stack of banned books, brilliant! Rosita looks like you'd better sleep with one eye open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosita does have a habit of attacking your feet while you sleep. The moving of legs and/or hands beneath a blanket will not be tolerated!

      Delete
  8. Carlos and you are quite the pair! I do admit I'm a bit like you when it comes to decorating the tree. Even though I do the ornaments myself, I tend to move them around at least a few times before I'm satisfied with the placement.
    The ceiling fan is hilarious! Good on Karen Smith, would that there would be others who have the courage of their beliefs to do this too.
    As for Rosita, she has the "stern mom" look! What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily Carlos and I have figured our spots in the decoration game and we do it all quite nicely!
      Rosita does look like I'm about to get a good talking to!

      Delete
  9. I absolutely love that picture of Rosita!!! She is regal!!!

    Oh yes Central Bucks where I used to live. Even when Republicans got in office there they're extremely Liberal Republicans. Hence why the rest of the Republicans in Pennsylvania couldn't stand the Republicans in Bucks County. I actually think I might have met Karen a couple of times through my ex.

    I can't wait to see if you feature your tree Jon Stewart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regal? Arrogant. Haughty. Naughty. Diva. Rosita.
      I'd like Jon Stewart to come help with my tree.

      Delete
  10. Hahaha Oh poor Kevin. He's such a tool.
    And I need Alexandre to tutor me in Italian and tall glasses of water.

    I cackled with the Carlos story. He's crafty, that one.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin AKA Jerkules is a tool
      Yes to Alexandre's tutelage ... which is French for, well, whatever you want it to be!
      Carlos has his jobs and his ways and we let him do them.
      xoxo

      Delete
  11. "THREE … blue ornaments in a row; the paramedics took an hour to revive me" ROFLMAO!!!! ln my early teens, I told a deliberate lie that haunts me to this day. So, I don't think my lie clock has moved since then, because I can't handle the guilt. Instead of lying, I just play stupid ... "I don't know nuthin about nuthin". But great joke about Thing 45's clock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That blue ornament thing actually happened though, MAYBE, paramedics weren't actually called.

      Delete
    2. That's OK because it makes a great story! Hilarious, in fact!! 🔵🔵🔵 Call 911 😧

      Delete
  12. SO glad Bridget Ziegler is finally getting called out for her ridiculous hypocrisy. If she'd just minded her own business no one would care what she does in the bedroom.

    Hel-LO, Alexandre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, goodbye to Ziegler and Hellooooo to Alexandre.

      Delete
  13. So in New Hampshire a woman would have to have an abortion every time she has sex, just in case? 15 days is a little early to discover if the foetus has major abnormalities.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tuxedo and Consuelo... and Rosita, impossible to not love. Carlos DITTO in spades. And you could have switched his name out and replaced it with SG's! Alexandre Faucon: Text me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexandre seems, um, fun?
      Rosita is quite lovable in a Resting Bitch Face kind of way!

      Delete
  15. I must say Bob errr John Stewart that I loved this week's tale of Carlos. The GOP is so crazy about these abortion timelines. It is like some sort of sadistic game in which they are trying to see who can get the fewest days. That Xwitter post was excellent. Kevin Sorbo is such a turd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorbo is just an idiot, but hasn't realized it yet ... just like most in the GOP.
      Carlos and I at Christmas time is always a hoot!

      Delete
  16. Hi Jon Stewart! LOL! Carlos cracks me up.

    These Conservative Christian do aaaallllll the naughty stuff, don't they? No wonder they see sex and perversion everywhere they look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're spot on about these so-called Christians!

      Delete
  17. I am a little late today...Love Carlos...He is the blog's mascot second to Tuxedo...When I first read about the swearing in on a stack of banned/challenged books a smile came to my face...I love well placed shade...Rosita is like me...No matter how hard I try to smile when being political at work my continence says resting bitch face...I used to tell my staff that I didn't say anything but they checked me and said my face says it all...Alexandre, Alexandre...About damn time we got some fur up in here...If I was 20 years younger I would make a fool of myself...Just stunning....Snap on Sorbo...There goes that shade again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good stack of books to awear [in] on.
      Rosita is a demon, but a sweet one, if that's a thang!

      Delete
  18. Richard Branson is quoted as saying, " the fastest way to become a millionaire, is take a billion dollars and start an airline." A $1.98 might be a steep price.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......