Thursday, September 13, 2018

Bobservations


After days and thinking it’ll go around us, this morning I discovered Florence is coming to Smallville—as of now.

I may not be on blogs much for the next few days, though I do have some preplanned posts.

I’ll be back when the bitch leaves us alone.

Last week Carlos came to me and told me he had some ideas of what we might do for the weekend.

♪ ♫ Isn’t it romantic ♫ ♪

He said:
“I have a doctor’s appointment at 8AM.”
 ♫ Isn’t it … ♫ ♪
“Then we can do the recycling, and I also need a haircut.”
♪ ♫ … romantic? ♫ ♪

Oy.
In case you are still thinking the GOP cares about any of you, or anything but themselves, think on this:

Republicans are considering a proposal to remove House members from committees for not voting along party lines.

Yup, if you’re a Republican on any committee in Congress and you don’t vote the way the party wants you to, they’ll remove you from the committee and replace you with someone who will.

They’re not even trying to hide their deceit any longer.
Remember Caitlin Upton, a Miss Teen USA contestant from South Carolina who was asked why she thinks a fifth of Americans cannot locate their country on a map, and said:
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uhmmm, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and uh, I believe that our, I, education like such as, uh, South Africa, and uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, uhhh, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for us.” 
Contrast her with the recent Miss America pageant and Miss Michigan Emily Sioma, up there, who introduced herself this way:
“From the state with 84% of the U.S. fresh water but none for its residents to drink, I am Miss Michigan Emily Sioma.”
Bam. Sadly, Emily did not win.
Tadd Fujikawa, the youngest player ever to qualify for the U.S. Open at the age of 15, is now the first professional male golfer to come out as gay, on, where else, Instagram:
“Coincidentally, today is world suicide prevention day. However, I was going to share this regardless.
So…I’m gay. Many of you may have already known that. I don’t expect everyone to understand or accept me. But please be gracious enough to not push your beliefs on me or anyone in the LGBTQ community. My hope is this post will inspire each and every one of you to be more empathetic and loving towards one another.
I’ve been back and forth for a while about opening up about my sexuality. I thought that I didn’t need to come out because it doesn’t matter if anyone knows. But I remember how much other’s stories have helped me in my darkest times to have hope. I spent way too long pretending, hiding, and hating who I was. I was always afraid of what others would think/say. I’ve struggled with my mental health for many years because of that and it put me in a really bad place. Now I’m standing up for myself and the rest of the LGBTQ community in hopes of being an inspiration and making a difference in someone’s life. Although it’s a lot more accepted in our society today, we still see children, teens, and adults being ridiculed and discriminated against for being the way we are. Some have even taken their lives because of it. As long as those things are still happening, I will continue to do my best to bring more awareness to this issue and to fight for equality.
Whether the LGBTQ is what you support or not, we must liberate and encourage each other to be our best selves, whatever that may be. It’s the only way we can make this world a better place for future generations.
I don’t want this to be focused on me. I just want to spread love and acceptance to others who are in a similar situation. If anyone out there is struggling, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. YOU ARE LOVED AND YOU ARE ENOUGH…AS IS, EXACTLY AS YOU ARE!
I can’t wait for the day we all can live without feeling like we’re different and excluded. A time where we don’t have to come out, we can love the way we want to love and not be ashamed. We are all human and equal after all. So I dare you…spread love. Let’s do our part to make this world a better place.”
Welcome out, Tadd, and please accept as our gift the Official Coming Out Toaster Oven™ and a copy of the Gay Agenda.

Welcome out.
A Dallas police officer fatally shot a young black man could be facing criminal charges, police said.

Botham Shem Jean was killed last week by a “Caucasian female” officer who entered the wrong apartment in her building and, thinking she was in her own home shot and killed Jean, who lived in the apartment.

Investigators are seeking a warrant for a manslaughter charge against the officer, who has since been placed on administrative leave. The chief said she would release the officer’s name if and when charges were filed.

Huh, I guess if you walk into the wrong apartment and find the tenant of that apartment inside and pull out your gun and shoot him to death, you get to maintain a certain privacy.

This is why we kneel. Think about a black man, even a black police officer, entering the wrong apartment and shooting a white woman to death. Do you think his name would be withheld? Do you think he would not have been arrested the moment authorities arrived?

I know. Good news is that finally charges were filed, and the killer’s name is Amber Guyger.
Carlos hates violent films, bloody films, horror films, but for some reason he was intrigued by the new show The Purge which tells the tale of an America where all crime is legal for twelve hours each year.

So, he wanted to see it; it’s kinda dumb, as I expected, though not as in-your-face violent or gory … yet … but it does have one redeeming quality: Gabriel Chavarria as the hottie Latino good guy hero.

On the flip side, Lifetime has a new boy-meets-girl, boy-stalks-girl, boy-kidnaps-girl’s-old-boyfriend story with Penn Badgley as the nice guy masturbating on the street murdering stalker. He is kinda cute, in the stalkerish way.

Just sayin’.

9 comments:

  1. Oh that Carlos, such a Latin Lover!

    Caitlin Upton- Future U.S. president.

    If the shooting had been in reverse, not only wouldn't his name be withheld but he also wouldn't have been arrested. He would've been killed on sight.

    Gabriel Chaverria- Those eyes, those lips, HOT!
    Penn Badgley- No eyes, no lips, NOT!

    You two batten down the hatches (whatever that is), dig deep and STAY SAFE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps Miss Michigan's caustic comments on the help Flint has received in getting fresh water that is okay to drunk, bath in, wash in etc. stopped her getting a win in the pageant; after all GOD
    forbid that women should think!!!!!

    Stay out of harm's way and don't drink the water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you well through Hurricane Florence! THAT should give you and Carlos something to do for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Stay safe and dry, you two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand Republican is the new definition of desperation.

    Way to go Thadd!!

    Oh, and I understand the Dallas cop was drunk so drunk on her ass she didn't know she was in the wrong apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look after yourselves. Be safe.
    JP x

    ReplyDelete
  7. ellen barkin - BOOM!

    PLEASE keep safe, all humans and furkids, in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. God damn, you need to get out of there!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......