Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Architecture Wednesday: Southern Charm


A little something different today; a home for sale in Smallville, well, Camden, to be exact.

It’s a fully fenced, nine-acre horse property, right in town, in the Historic District. Four bedrooms and five bathrooms—one always needs a spare—as a master suite with an office. There is a media room, family room, exercise room, several sun porches, screened and unscreened, a guest cottage, six fireplaces, one gas fireplace and five wood-burning , as well as the barn, the riding ring and the stables.

You’re bringing your horses, right, cuz this one is For Sale!? And they're only asking $1.35 million.

It's a steal, I say, a steal!

9 comments:

  1. My goodness! Hope you get some nice new 'neighbors' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little too much beigey yellow, but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear, you should see all my dark chocolate walls..i want to lick them.

      Delete
  3. I can't afford that, and it's bigger than I really need, but it IS lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could live there... quite easily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well dear, it's beyond me why we don't purchase it and use it for blogger get togethers in the south. I love it though. But alas, I own no horses.....will houseboys do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @MM
    The stables are made for houseboys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice house but it seems cheap to me; the house next door to me is on the market for £1.9 million (sorry but I don't know what the exchange rate is right now) and that needs a LOT of work on it. Mind you prospective buyers might be put off by my hovel outside the gate. And a house in the next road is up for sale for £1.75 million. Neither of the two houses have the amenities of this Smallville property, but the church is just over the road if you want absolution.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say, that does seem a steal to me. Smallville is affordable (well I couldn’t afford it, but I thought the price would be a multiple of that).

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......