Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Architecture Wednesday: Bugatti House

They call the house the Bugatti House; they call them crazy angles, I call them Seussical.

This house located just outside Mendoza, Argentina, has over 4800 square meters, but it’s not the size …it’s the walls and the ceiling and the shapes of the rooms that intrigue me.

The architect chose to organize the house into pavilions that could be adapted to the different needs of daily life; the first pavilion would take care of the common areas: the living room, dining room, kitchen, services, and, most important of all, the wine cellar.

A second pavilion would house the master bedroom, with additional space that would allow moments of peace and quiet and privacy from the public spaces of the house, such as a small secondary living room and office.

The third pavilion would house three en suite bedrooms, another living space and a game room.

The three pavilions are connected by a central space, a large hallway, that integrates them and connects with a gallery and the garden. These three pavilions can be closed off from the rest of the house, and from one another, allowing for varying states of coexistence.

It’s all about the privacy and the wonky angles, I guess.

Click to emBIGGERate ...

4 comments:

  1. Two of my favorite houses my family
    lived in, growing up, were built in the
    1920s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This house needs some color! I know, beige, brown and gray are colors, but really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look, the angles, the materials, but the furnishings (yet again) don't do it for me. The pavilions are an interesting idea but, well, the jury is still out (I'M the jury) on the floorplan. Still, if it's a gift, I say "Thank you!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love a house with angles.
    JP x

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......