Friday, August 27, 2010

I Didn't Say It......

Ken Mehlman, on how bad he feels that eleven states passed anti-gay amendments in 2004:
"Look, I have a lot of friends who ask questions and who are angry about it. I understand that folks are angry, I don’t know that you can change the past. As I’ve said, one thing I regret a lot is the fact that I wasn’t in the position I am today where I was comfortable with this part of my life, where I was able to be an advocate against that [strategy] and able to be someone who argued against it. I can’t change that – it is something I wish I could and I can only try to be helpful in the future. But I understand the anger and I talk to friends about it – it’s something that I hear from a number of friends."
Hypocrite.
Self-loathing hypocritical asshat.
I understand being in the closet, but I don't understand working as hard as Ken Mehlman did against the LGBT community, and coming up with so many anti-gay measures and plans and campaigns as he did.
He wants forgiveness?
Well, Ken, maybe when you spend as much time, effort and money working for equality, I'll think about it.


Michael BloombergNYC Mayor, on the Islamic Community Center, 51 Park:
"But if we say that a mosque or a community center should not be built near the perimeter of the World Trade Center site, we would compromise our commitment to fighting terror with freedom. We would undercut the values and principles that so many heroes died protecting. We would feed the false impressions that some Americans have about Muslims. We would send a signal around the world that Muslim Americans may be equal in the eyes of the law, but separate in the eyes of their countrymen. And we would hand a valuable propaganda tool to terrorist recruiters, who spread the fallacy that America is at war with Islam."
Religious Freedom applies to all religions, not just the ones pandered to by mindless Republican fucktards like Beck, Gingrich and Palin.

Jonathan Groff, on being gay and coming out to his parents:
"When I wanted to be an actor, my dad understood it, as he has his passion for horses. And the interesting thing about coming out is that everyone in their life – gay or straight – in a way comes out. Like debutantes, they have a coming out, saying, 'Look, this is who I am'."
Perhaps Ken Mehlman should have taken a page from Groff's Handbook.
It doesn't have to be self-loathing and hate, it can be a process that everyone goes through, in finding your true self.
Gay or straight, we all have closets we need to exit.

Drew Barrymore, telling one reporter about another reporter, while promoting her new movie, Going The Distance:
"You should have heard this bitch I had to do an interview with before you. God, I wanted to punch her, she would just not drop the youth thing. I have no problem talking about it. I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they in turn were my life lessons. It's actually good to get it done young and have a great life later. But yeah, man, I wanted to rip this woman's face off. She just would not shut up about it."
What happened to the Peace Drew?
The Love and Light Drew?

Kelly Bensimon, wackadoo from The Real Housewives of New York, on Danielle Staub, of The Real Mafia Wives Of New Jersey:
"If Danielle gets her own spinoff, I think that’d be amazing for her. She makes for great TV. She’s out of the box and has no inhibitions. It’s not my place to say whether someone has issues or not. I will say she has a lot of fun with what she’s doing. I don’t know what her real life is like, but I honestly don’t think that she’s well matched against the rest of that cast for that show. Still, she definitely is fun to watch. I love seeing her. She has no limitations and that’s great."
Plus, she's no Bethenny

Tiger Woods, on his ex-wife Elin's interview in People:
"This is a very painful, personal and private time for our family. Throughout this entire time, Elin has shown unwavering concern and support for our children. She is a wonderful mother. I know that the two of us will do everything we can to help our children adjust to this new family situation. We both cherish the time we can spend with Sam and Charlie. Whether it's taking Sam to school or hitting balls with Charlie on the range, nothing gives me more enjoyment than these simple pleasures. We have two special kids, and I'm going to enjoy every minute with them. Personally, I am learning to balance family and golf. My children come first and always will, but I also appreciate golf more than ever. I understand how important the fans and the game are to me. I know how lucky I am to do what I do for a living, and I am deeply grateful for everyone who has supported me."
Oh Tiger, it always comes back to golf.
I know you've given Elin a good chunk of your billions, but you still have enough left where you can retire and just be a good father to your kids. Be a good example to your kids.

Carl PaladinoNew York Republican gubernatorial candidate on how the state's poor should be 
housed in prisons for their own betterment:
"Instead of handing out the welfare checks, we'll teach people how to earn their check. We'll teach them personal hygiene ... the personal things they don't get when they come from dysfunctional homes. These are beautiful properties with basketball courts, bathroom facilities, toilet facilities. Many young people would love to get the hell out of cities. You have to teach them basic things — taking care of themselves, physical fitness. In their dysfunctional environment, they never learned these things."
I, for one, would like to see Carl Paladino housed in prison for a while, and then hear him tell us all how nice it is, with sports courts and toilets for him to use.
Typical Republican non-thinking asshat.

Mary Bale, on throwing a cat into a trash bin:
"I want to take this opportunity to apologize profusely for the upset and distress that my actions have caused. I cannot explain why I did this, it is completely out of character and I certainly did not intend to cause any distress to Lola or her owners. It was a split second of misjudgment that has got completely out of control. I don't know what the fuss is about. It's just a cat. I did it as a joke because I thought it would be funny. I never thought it would be trapped, I expected it to wriggle out. I don't know what my relatives will think but to be honest I think everyone is overreacting a bit."
Overreacting to taking a live creature and tossing it into the garbage?
I think Mary Bale needs to spend some time in a dumpster.
A long time.

2 comments:

  1. You had a wealth of material this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Bale pissed me off to the point where I couldn't blog about it. If she thought putting a kitty in a trash can so it's likely fate was to be crushed to death by a trash truck was funny I wonder how much she'd laugh if someone put a fire cracker up her ass and lit it, glued her eyelids shut, threw her against the wall, painted her or set her on fire? These are some of the animal cruelty crimes that have happened in my neck of the woods in the past six months and no one but a sicko thinks they're funny.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......