Friday, August 13, 2010

I Didn't Say It........

Barney Frank, on the news that a young lesbian was punched in the stomach by a NOM supporter at their Indianapolis rally:
“People have a constitutional right to express themselves as they wish, and that right obviously applies even to people who for some reason have dedicated much of their lives to trying to diminish the lives of others. I do not understand what it is that drives people to spend so much time trying to take away the rights of those of us who are gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender, but they should understand that the freedom to do so in no way insulates them from those who disagree with their agenda from making their presence clear. For someone engaging in that right of peaceful counter-demonstration to be assaulted by a NOM attendee is wholly unacceptable and the leaders of this organization should be taking steps not simply to prevent any such behavior in the future, but to exclude from their ranks anyone who was engaged in it in the past.”

It's funny how NOM continually plays the victim card, and yet they are touring the country, spreading hate.
We should all be such victims.

Julia Roberts. on the botox/plastic surgery trend in Hollywood:
“It’s unfortunate that we live in such a panicked, dysmorphic society where women don’t even give themselves a chance to see what they’ll look like as older persons. I want to have some idea of what I’ll look like before I start cleaning the slates. I want my kids to know when I’m pissed, when I’m happy, and when I’m confounded. Your face tells a story… and it shouldn’t be a story about your drive to the doctor’s office.”

Nothing wrong with a little 'bo', unless you end up looking like a cross between Joan Rivers and Sylvester Stallone.
No one needs to see that.

Slumdog Millionaire star Dev Patel, on being pissed at Hollywood because he is not getting offered substantial roles:
"Because Slumdog was such a big hit there was a lot of pressure in terms of what I did next. For my second film I wanted a role that would stretch me, but all I was getting offered were stereotypical parts like the goofy Indian sidekick...[Or] I'm likely to be offered the roles of a terrorist, cab driver and smart geek… I want to show that I have versatility....I'm buzzing with adrenaline and raring to go, but I have to be realistic. Being an Asian actor, it's never going to be easy. Hopefully the industry is changing and the casting directors will be less focused on colour so that people like myself can get through the door."

Why cast him as the "Asian"? Why not just cast him as "that guy"?
I think if Hollywood looked beyond skin color and accent and ethnicity, it might translate to the rest of us.

Kenny Chesney, AGAIN on his five-month marriage to his beard Renee Zellweger:
“There ain’t nothing you can do about it. Just hang on for the ride. Now I look back on it as just another way of getting knocked down on the football field.”

Oh, Miss Chesney.
You pose and you ponder and yet you can't get beyond a marriage of convenience from FIVE YEARS AGO.
Look around, gurl, Renee has already moved on to another ALLEGED closeted mo.
Build a bridge, Kenny, build a bridge and get over it.

Verne E. Rupright, the mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, on Levi Johnston's mayoral bid:
"Well, it is a little early to declare. Usually most wait until the year the seat is up. But since I am nearly old enough to be Levi's grandfather I think it would be wise for him to get a high school diploma and keep his clothes on. The voters like that!"

I think Verne ought to give up his office and take his act on the road.
He's funny.
High school diploma! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum, on his desire to see his state's ban on gay adoption extended to gay foster parenting:
"I really do not think that we should have homosexuals guiding our children. I think that it’s a lifestyle that I don’t agree with. I realize a lot of people do. It’s my personal faith, religious faith, that I don’t believe that the people who do this should be raising our children. It’s not a natural thing. You need a mother and a father. You need a man and a woman. That’s what God intended."

Of course, within hours of having this quote hit the airwaves, homophobe fucktard asshat wingnut loser McCollum said he didn't "remember" saying such a thing.
Uh huh.

Emma Thompson, who is writing the screenplay for the remake of My Fair Lady, on Audrey Hepburn:
"I was thrilled to be asked to do it because, having a look at it, I thought that there needs to be a new version. I'm not hugely fond of the film. I find Audrey Hepburn fantastically twee. Twee is whimsy without wit. It's mimsy-mumsy sweetness without any kind of bite. And that's not for me. She can't sing and she can't really act, I'm afraid. I'm sure she was a delightful woman - and perhaps if I had known her I would have enjoyed her acting more, but I don't and I didn't, so that's all there is to it, really."

Oh, Emma, I do so like you, but, honey, ripping on Audrey Hepburn?
She knew she couldn't sing, but the studio wanted her for the job.
And she can, could, act.
Maybe since you didn't know her, you should just keep quiet.
M'kay?

Cardinal Norberto Rivera, on the Mexican Supreme Court's ruling that Mexico City's marriage equality law is constitutional:
"The Roman Catholic archbishop said it was wrong to go against Christian doctrine that recognizes only marriages between a man and a woman. 'The church cannot fail to call evil evil,' Rivera said in a statement...The Federal District is the only part of Mexico that allows gay marriages. The city government said last week that since 320 same-sex couples had married since March, 173 of them male and 147 female. Rivera said homosexuals have suffered abuses from the broader society, but argued that allowing same-sex marriages is not the way to try to atone for such injustices. He called same-sex unions 'inherently immoral,' saying they 'distort the nature of marriage raised by Christ to the dignity of a sacrament.'"

More bullshiz about religion and marriage and laws.
When will they ever learn?

Julia Roberts, on love and equality:
"Even in America, we think that we're such forerunners and, you know, we haven't worked out all the kinks either. So I think that...love is the ultimate theme of our lives, and to let everybody love in the best way they can, in the most nurturing way, with whoever that person is that they choose, or chooses them. I mean, if we could get that down it would solve a lot of other problems."

You're preachin' to the choir, Mizz Roberts.
Let's make equality the law of the land so we can focus on real issues.

Kathy Griffin, on the Levi Johnston pretend engagement to Bristol Palin:
"Well of course I take full responsibility. Here's the thing: Once you have a fly girl like me, you're desperate and you'll do anything to get over me. The lengths that my poor Levi had to go to try to get over me are quite staggering. Bristol and I may have to have some sort of Waiting to Exhale moment, where we're both Angela Bassett. Or, frankly I'd prefer that she was Angela Bassett and I of course got to be Whitney Houston. Maybe we can set his clothing on fire in Wasilla. We are now forever connected. I guess if Levi comes back to me I will take him back, because who knows, I could still be, through Sarah Palin — also an endless source of material for me — one click away from living in the White House. So get ready, Barney Frank and Scott Brown. I just might be in the Oval Office if I play my cards right!"

I'm sure he'll come back to you Kathy.
He's about due for another fifteen minutes.

4 comments:

  1. "the nature of marriage raised by Christ to the dignity of a sacrament"

    Oh! That explains AshleyMadison.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quotes. As always, culling down everything said to a few reportable ones is no easy feat. But you select some really good ones all the time and build a really nice message with these.
    Kathy is a hoot. I love Barney. I see what you're saying about Emma, but it's OK for her, because she's English, and a lot of fun....like Audrey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to these quotes and your commentary on them. Keep 'em coming! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quotes... really like Rep Frank's statement, and proud he's from my state, Massachusetts.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......