Friday, August 06, 2010

I Didn't Say It....

Larry Kramer, calling Barbra Streisand a hypocrite when it comes to the fight for gay rights:
"Barbra Streisand is a hypocrite. If she had made my play about AIDS, The Normal Heart, in 1986, when she first acquired the rights, only to sit on them for a full ten years without filming it, she could have done something for gay rights when we were really in the sewer of death. But no, she chose to go off and make such vitally important and classic movies as Nuts and The Mirror Has Two Faces. Barbra Streisand cares about gay rights as much as i care about spending a zillion dollars decorating a colony of houses in Malibu. As the mother of a son who is not only gay but HIV positive, she should be ashamed of herself....I think it is important for all her many gay fans around the world, which certainly had once included me, to know the above."

Hey Larry, holding a grudge for twenty-six isn't good for anyone. And maybe, just maybe, even Barbra Streisand couldn't haven't gotten the funding for a film about AIDS back in 1986.
Cut Babs some slack.

Kathy Griffin, adding more fuel to the fire that is DimBulb Elizabeth Hasselbeck:
"The first time I was on and I told her to bring it, I thought it was shocking that she had nothing. I thought: "Oh, I think I get this game." My show is called My Life on the D-List. I would say she's one click away from being the D-List Ann Coulter. My guess is that that's who she aspires to be. I mean, I take her criticism very seriously when she calls me scum. I take it as seriously as I do with any other Survivor contestant....Look, I get it's a show called The View, it's about different viewpoints — I don't mind hearing from conservatives. But is she really the best they have to offer?"

I love how Kathy "gets" it.
When Elisabeth Hasselbeck goes all Holier Than Thou she simply adds fuel to the fire, and more tickets sold at a Kathy Griffin show.
Wingnut. Dimbulb.
D-List Ann Coulter!

Newt Gingrich, on the overturning or Prop H8:
"Judge Walker's ruling overturning Prop 8 is an outrageous disrespect for our Constitution and for the majority of people of the United States who believe marriage is the union of husband and wife. In every state of the union from California to Maine to Georgia, where the people have had a chance to vote they've affirmed that marriage is the union of one man and one woman. Congress now has the responsibility to act immediately to reaffirm marriage as a union of one man and one woman as our national policy."

This from a man who cheated on his first wife and served her with divorce papers while she was hospitalized with cancer so he could marry his mistress.
Whom he cheated on with another bimbo, and left her so he could marry Mistress Two.
Yeah, I really think he needs to be talking about what marriage means.
To him it means if you're straight you can fuck it up and around and down because you're allowed, but if you're gay you'll just ruin it.
Fuck off Newt.

Ne-Yo, on why he thinks people think he's gay:
"There's this whole gay thing that keeps following me around. [People think] Anybody that sings and has a penis is gay. So I'm part of that elite squad, according to multiple blog sites and whatnot. I guess it's because I've never shot a person, or talked about shooting a person or had a desire to shoot a person...that I'm gay."

Wow, had I known this little nugget when I was young, I could have just shot someone so people would stop calling me faggot.
You learn something new every day.
Like today, I learned Ne-Yo is a fucktard.

X Factor winner, Joe McElderry, on coming out:
"I'm really happy, I now know who I am.... Every time I was asked, I gave honest answers....It never really entered my head I was gay. I’ve had time to think about things. I wasn’t attracted to anyone anyway, male or female. But I just know. It’s how I feel. I’m so happy. It’s all been so recent to be honest. Over the past couple of weeks I’ve had time to think and come to realize who I am. I have grown up a lot. I know it sounds crazy but before then, I was so busy. It hadn’t even crossed my mind....I only told my mum last week, on a train. She was fine, great even. She’d actually asked us in the past, not because she thought I was gay but because she’s a supportive mum. She’d say, ‘I don’t care if you have a girlfriend or boyfriend’. My family have been so supportive.”

Welcome, Joe, your Toaster Oven, and your copy of the Gay Agenda should be arriving soon.

M. NIght Shyamalan, on how much he is like Michael Jordan:
"Look, I loved Michael Jordan, right? He was my favorite basketball player. When I used to watch him at Madison Square Garden there would be 25,000 people booing every time that he touched the ball, screaming abuse at him. And it was because the entire stadium was there to see him be spectacular. They were like, 'I don't want you to disappoint me or hurt me.' I'm no Michael Jordan but maybe I get a little of that...Reviews of my movies often spend a lot of the time talking about me, not the movie!"

Um, M? May I call you M?
Yeah, the reason people talk more about you than your movies, when they review your movies, is because you put your name in the title of the movies.
And you put yourself in the movie.
Wingnut.

Mark Ruffalo, on being tapped to play The Hulk in a new film:
“It was very exciting—and I realized I had some pretty big shoes to fill. Those were my heroes up there! I was a comic book fan growing up. I loved The Hulk and The Avengers—it’s just strange to be entering that world as an actor. I never would have imagined that before. He’s a guy struggling with two sides of himself—the dark and the light—and everything he does in his life is filtered through issues of control. I grew up on the Bill Bixby TV series, which I thought was a really nuanced and real human way to look at The Hulk....I look at it as my generation’s Hamlet.”

Hamlet?
Seriously?
If the Hulk is your generations Hamlet, some serious rethinking needs to be done.
Seriously.

Lady Gaga, on her record 13 MTV VMA nominations:
"I'm so honored for all the little monsters and self-professed freaks of the universe, to have more VMA nominations in a single year than any artist in MTV history. Ironically, I'm even more proud it's an unlucky number; 13. A long time ago the world told me and my little monsters we would never be heard, together we changed the rules. God put me on Earth for 3 reasons: To make loud music, gay videos, and cause a damn ruckus. Thank You MTV!"

Hopefully thirteen will be lucky, because I wanna see what she wears and hear what she says.
That will be a show.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:37 AM

    I don't want to put Joe McElderry down but whenever I hear a person say they didn't know or never thought about being gay I think, "oh yeah? what were you thinking of when you jerked off?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. M's movies suck - I mean they have his name behind it but the acting in them are always the worse.....just my opinion.

    And who's that douche about marriage being between a man and woman - oh please!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......