Monday, August 23, 2010

Guilty!

I like to think of myself as the King....okay....the Queen...of the Facial Expression.
I don't know how many times people have said to me, "What's that look for?"
"What look?" I say.
"That look. You looked bored." or "Mad" or "Sarcastic"
"You just answered your own question," I say, with yet another look.
Well, that ability to wound, amuse, amaze, annoy, with my facial muscles just might get me arrested if I ever travel to Elmhurst, Illinois, because it seems that Elhurst city officials are looking into finding a way of putting an end to the practice of.....wait for it.....it's rich.....eye-rolling.
Oh, no, they di'in't.
Apparently, at a recent city council meeting, an Elmhurst resident was actually ejected from the room after rolling her eyes in reaction to something that was said by a council member, and so members of the city council, who obviously have nothing better to do for their town, have asked the City Attorney to look into the creation of a "disturbance and disorderly conduct" violation and to see if eye-rolling could somehow be shoehorned into its definition.
I am breaking that proposed law right now.
I better keep away from Elmhurst. I could end up on death row, accused of sneering, or, god forbid, grimacing, at the wrong person.
Seriously.

[/eye roll]

3 comments:

  1. I would be in trouble too. My facial expressions are really telling

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear my feelings on my sleeves most of the time, but not to the depth that I really feel. The initial reaction dimes me out every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine give me away all the time. That's why I never play Texas Hold'em.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......