Monday, December 31, 2012

Ring Out The Old .....

Here's yet another year falling by the wayside--I mean, c'mon, Two-Thousand-Thirteen--and yet I haven't aged a bit.
How.Do.I.Manage? You ask.
Well, I act like a child and folks think I'm eons younger. 
I'm fascinated by shiny things.
I love finding something new, like Ozzo, on a walk through the park yesterday, coming upon his first ducks. I imagine him saying to himself, because he only knows felines and canines, How do cats swim like that?
I have someone in my life who makes me laugh and makes me cry and makes me mad and makes me sing--and then begs me to stop. Twelve-plus years ago I took a giant leap, flying cross-country to meet a stranger, the perfect stranger, and it's one of those rare choices that has never been questioned.
I found a couch I love and now I must find a way to make Carlos love it, too.
I wake up with songs, full on songs, blaring in my head every morning. 
I laugh. A lot. And, at times, inappropriately. I have a tendency to say exactly what comes into my mind no matter who's around. I guess that might go back to that whole "childishness" thing I mentioned earlier.
I can get lost in a good book, and really love staying there.
I live in a beautiful place, full of some of the kindest people, and best friends, I've ever met.
And these guys, and that gal.....and a little something called unconditional love. We could learn a lot about that from our four-legged friends.
And family. The logical family we create from friends we've found along the way that will always be a part of our lives, and the biological family into which we are born, and raised and loved and nurtured and accepted.

So, keeping all this in mind, what do I expect the New Year to have in store for me?
Hopefully, more of the same.
Happy New Year, y'all.

14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. a toast to you and yours!

    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude! We just bought the same couch in green! Happy New Year to all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tell carlos the couch has magic powers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:25 PM

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:33 PM

    A Happy and Healthy New Year to you Bob and Carlos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A winderful post toend the year! Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful sentiments... I hope that you and Carlos do get more of the same in 2013.
    And trust me... he will eventually come around to your way of thinking over the couch... just give him a little time darling....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......