Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Architecture Wednesday: The Vicarage


What's this? A house, a lovely house at that, and a former residence of the town vicar?
Yes, indeed, this former brick vicarage, located near Malmö in southern Sweden, was converted into a stunning 4,500 square foot modern home. And I love that they kept the exterior of the home as it was, and created a beautiful sleek, white, black, and gray interior.
The house was originally built in 1904 and was renovated 103 years later, creating a contemporary four bedroom, three bath home, with large living areas, both indoors and out.
It's old, it's new, it's fabulous!

via HomeDSGN

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:41 PM

    I love places that look like an older house on the outside and refreshingly modern on the inside. If this didn't have an L-shaped staircase in the middle of the home I'd be interesting in recreating it in The Sims 3.

    Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the vicarage! I love all the airy feeling it has and the long drive up to it. If I move in, does this mean I must watch my mouth since a vicar lived there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:17 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Maddie
    I'm sure the vicar's heard just about everything. I'd imagine he's shock-proof!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry,
    I'd rather go to baptist church twice a week than live in whiteness....

    I wouldn't even be able to touch myself.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......