Monday, August 08, 2011

Outstanding Guest Comment Of The Week

Here it is, once again time to bestow the coveted...coveted/...ISBL Outstanding Guest Comment of the Week. And, once again, we had a plethora of gems from which to choose, and here, without further ado, are our top contenders:

Commenting on Peter LaBarbera's assertion that homosexuality is being "promoted" in I Didn't Say It.....

Joy said:
I can't even think of a time or place where i've seen anyone promoting homosexuality.
Where does Pete go?

Deep Blue offered up some good news, in these tough economic times, for cartoonists, on Sunday Funnies:
On the bright side... cartoonist will never find themselves standing in line at the unemployment office!





Gossip is fun, and lots of folks, other than myself, have something to say about I Ain't One To Gossip, But....

Froggy had a warning for casual sex parents, Linda Evangelista and Francois-Henri Pinault:
Linda Evangelista and Francois-Henri Pinault - start saving for therapists and rehab for your poor little boy.

Tivo Mom had some love for Justin Timberlake, as well as some thought about Salma and Linda's Baby Daddy/Money Maker:
This is wonderful. Although I love JT (I know, I know but there is something about him for me) this entire thing was hilarious. I actually posted the other day how mad I was that I did not get knocked up by Salma Hayek's hubby. I could use an extra $46,000 a month...

And Robert-Kent had a brilliant ideas, and perhaps the network brass should pay attention:
Oh snap!!

Trainwreck Divas Choo Choo
I think I just thought of a new TLC show or the follow up show for Toddlers and Tiaras the later years :-)



As always, Project Runway provides some wonderfulness, as seen on the recent PR9EP2: Collars and Leashes and Wee Pads, Oh My:
 
Sam said:

The dog food bag dress was the ugliest thing ever.
:-) that Ho should have got evicted.

Biki's take on it was this:
I was simply stunned when Laura asked Oliver, "Are you speaking foreign?", when he was talking to his model.
Really??? Speaking foreign?
Well, she really must have lived a privileged life, complete with vacations to Paris. Paris Kentucky that is.......
 
Book banning got several of you riled up, but I think this summed it up quite nicely on Book Banning Still Goes On:
 
Mitch Block said:
I can't believe this idiocy continues. I'd argue that I read "Slaughterhouse Five" and turned out alright. But, I "turned out" to be a homosexual, non-Christian. So that might just give Scroggins fuel for his book-burning fire. Will the US never separate church and state? What a waste of court time and taxpayer money.
 
And there was some lovely news, about South Carolina, of all places, in South Carolina Pulls A Wtf....But A Rather Pleasant WTF:
 
Kyle said:
Nice to see. We'll pull the south along, even if it is kicking and screaming the whole way.
 






And even this last week's Architecture Wednesday got a lot of attention...and perhaps the promise of future employment for yours truly:
 
David Dust:
I ever win Powerball/Mega Millions, I will SO hire you to become my full-time Realtor. I swear, every single Architecture Wednesday post you've ever done has been pure perfection. Not once have I read one of these posts and gone "meh" (and for my jaded ass that's saying something).

Every post has put me in a full-on swoon - including this one.
Carry on...
XOXOXOXOXO
 
And, Designing Wally agreed, but with a caveat:
What David said, truly...

BUT...
What about the neighbors?
Dubya & such?
 





But, the winner for me, wasn't the longest comment, nor was it the funniest, or even funny at all. It was just simple:
 
Responding to South Carolina Pulls A WTF....But a Rather Pleasant WTF:
 
Sam simply said:
Hope
 
And that's all it took for this week's Outstanding Guest Comment of the Week to stand out in a crowd of fabulousness.
Congratulations Sam!

5 comments:

Say anything, but keep it civil .......