Saturday, August 24, 2024

Why Is It ...

… that my mind alternates between two possible choices of attitude, one being in a constant state of panic while overthinking and worrying about every little detail, and the other being “Whatever.”

… that there are times when I act like people never happened; Who? Who are you?

… that HR told me I am not allowed to call my co-workers “foreskin” even when I explained that they disappear when things get hard.

… that all of the sudden I need to use my phone to take pictures of instructions so I can enlarge them and read them.

… that when people meet me for the first time, they tell me that I’m so quiet, when what’s really happening is I’m reading them and need a minute.

… that sometimes I have to play the role of the fool to fool the fool who thinks they’re fooling me.

… that seeing people walk out of my life is really painful; I mean, I really want them to run.

… that once I hear the Purge Siren I know exactly who I’m going after. 


11 comments:

  1. The Purge Siren? Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that phone thing all the time. I hope no one goes after ME when the purge siren sounds! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to look up purge siren... Fortunately the type was big enough to read without taking a picture (which I do regularly). As for people walking or running out of my life, I have one in mind at the moment and she keeps coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cleora Borealis10:10 AM

    My old eyes and ears are happy for the things my phone can do for me...now my phone needs to squat down and tie my shoes!! But, what I hate is companies TELLING me to grab my phone and get my QR code app open to find out information they used to just tell me!! A few months ago, I saw a sign at a mall..."for mall hours, scan this QR code." Dammit, I'm here at the mall, I'm reading your sign, just tell me!! 🤬

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:11 AM

    the dog's mother
    Happy weekend!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HR seldom understands what it is like on the front line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aussieguy5:22 PM

    I use my phone to take pictures so I CAN REMEMBER! Ay. Can we arrange for the Purge Siren on call?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to look up purge siren - my knowledge of trends is very lacking. And I kind of like it that way. :)
    The phone thing is something I've been doing for years. Low light sucks too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job your Camden neighbours don't read your "Why Is It?" posts. If they did they'd probably be selling up and moving out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the foreskin name. Yes, enlarging many things with the phone camera now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently took a photo of instructions so I could enlarge them. Guess I'm getting old. Or maybe it's the cataracts.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......