Wednesday, August 07, 2024

Architecture Wednesday: Old Fourth Ward Victorian Revival

This stunning hilltop Victorian exudes sophistication and style, offering the perfect blend of historic charm and modern luxury; plus, it’s giving me steampunk locomotive vibes and I am here for it.

Nestled in the heart of Old Fourth Ward [O4W], just steps from the Beltline and Krog Street Market, you enjoy easy access to dining, shopping, entertainment, and more. No detail has been spared in this thoughtful renovation, from the custom three-story open staircase to the wide plank white oak flooring, to the dramatic designer lighting fixtures throughout.

The gourmet Kitchen features an oversized island, inset Keystone white oak cabinets, a handmade tile backsplash, Subzero and Wolf appliances, a quartzite-capped antique farmhouse table and a Butler's Pantry. The elegant Dining Room features detailed custom molding, an elegant bar, and imported iron doors from London.

Relax by the oversized wood-burning fireplace in the Keeping Room or retreat to the sundrenched Parlor with its dramatic archway and bay windows. A separate bedroom with ensuite bathroom on the main makes an ideal home office or guest suite.

On the second floor, you will discover three spacious bedrooms and two bathrooms, including a second primary suite with a walk-in closet, and a bedroom with a rock-climbing wall to a 'secret loft', a spacious laundry room with sweeping views and a private sunporch.

On the third level is the owner's suite, complete with breathtaking views of the downtown skyline from large picture windows. The master bath is a spa-like sanctuary, featuring a deluxe steam shower with 7 shower heads, oversized tub, and a dual marble vanity. The custom walk-in closet overlooks the historic O4W Water Tower.

Additionally, the third floor boasts a versatile 'Sky Room' with a private balcony, wet bar with a custom round window and stunning views, and a built-in daybed. Entertain with ease in the outdoor kitchen or unwind in your private hot tub. A professionally designed yard features lush plants, premium turf, outdoor lighting and majestic stonework, all framed by a privacy fence. An attached two car garage, two tankless water heaters, two laundry rooms, five new HVAC units and a new roof make this home move-in ready.

My one quibble: say what you will, I lovelovelove a black house, and I love the moody colors in some of the public spaces, but then the white great room and bedrooms make me think it’s a different home. I would love more somber, enveloping colors in other rooms.

But, what the heck, a couple of cans of paint and I’m happy!

34 comments:

  1. STUNNING!!!!!! I love this this!!!! So me... very moody. I love the house had dark and light spots and the details are memorable and spectacular. The curved doorway with bookcases?!?! SHARP! LOVE the wallpapered bathroom with the wainscoting too. I'd be spending a lot of time in the upstairs nook with the circle window too. Just lovely. what a re-model. I don't know about the exterior being all black, but I'm ready to be a modern day Morticia Adams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving a black, or very dark, exterior on a home, and I love the moody rooms, but then feel a little less in love with the too white spaces.
      I think you'd rock a Morticia look, though.

      Delete
  2. What an amazing place. I wish they had played more with the contemporary fittings to pick up on the history of the place -- like maybe more interesting railings on the stairway. I’m not sure about the black exterior but it sure is a beautiful exterior. I’d be happy in a place like that... here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am here for the Black House, and I love the moody rooms, the piano room, the dining room, the powder room and that black tiled bathroom!

      Delete
  3. I like this. As you said, the whites would need to be changed, and the black exterior would be painted a deep forest green. But otherwise, this would be a good investment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a good dark color on the outside, so i'm good with black ... or a great dark green or blue.

      Delete
  4. Love!
    Vert Wednesday Addams. I think a black exterior is fabulous but the upkeep would drive me mad. I love the interiors and I would not change anything, even though I would go more Dark Academia in some. Very stylish. It's a mood.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I are on the same page!
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Love the design, but: five AC units and black paint on the outside of a house in warm sunny Atlanta, it needs an elevator, and the upper cabinets are missing in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would cost a penny or two to heat and cool that house, and there are some uppers in the Butler's pantry? And I wouldn't poo-poo an elevator!

      Delete
  6. Anonymous10:15 AM

    the dog's mother
    Very colorfull house!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though I think it needs a bit more!
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Cleora Borealis10:29 AM

    I'm a little unnerved by a coupla bathrooms, but I love the house! I agree, Bob, for once, that there's too much white and I need somber. I love the outside. It's a place where my favorite vampires ("What We Do In The Shadows") should live!! 🧛‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the black bathroom and the wallpapered powder room; I don't mind the primary bath because I love the dark floors so i would go dark walls, too. But that other bath seems highly generic!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful. I would love a black house. Would have to get it approved by our local architectural board. Would be worth all the hoops we'd have to jump through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep nudging Carlos toward a black house or a dark dark DARK blue house.

      Delete
    2. Midnight blue.

      Delete
    3. VERY dark blue.

      Delete
  9. At first glance, I thought the thing had somehow survived a fire. I don't like a black house at all. Waaaay too somber. I am affected strongly by color, and I don't need depressing or soothing hues. Give me bright and cheerful! That being said, I like this one. You had me at seven showerheads. I love all the nooks and crannies. The odd shaped rooms appeal to me. I even like the white rooms.
    Now, that blue and yellow wallpaper must be DESTROYED as soon as possible. All in all, surprisingly, I like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the somber! And it does have some great spaces and nooks and such.
      NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not the paper in the powder room!!!!!

      Delete
  10. Oh my, that is an incredible renovation! My grandson would be over the moon in a room with a rock climbing wall to a secret loft. I doubt we'd see him unless he got hungry. I love the sky room - natural light is my friend.
    I'm not a huge fan of the black, but omg that would be fun to decorate for Halloween. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is almost ready for Halloween, isn't it?

      Delete
  11. Lost me at black.

    When this trend will end is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I love a Black house. I want a Black house; I will get a Black house one day!

      Delete
    2. My friends in downtown Harrisburg...The Capitol Street Duo paint there house black and it looks amazing...granted the upkeep takes work.

      Delete
    3. Yes, it would be extra work. We have an old house here in told that was painted black a few years ago and now it's faded to a semi-dark gray. It still looks good, but the black looked better.

      Delete
  12. I love the small upper balcony but it should have glass rather then solid walls which would allows street views while sitting. It's an interesting house but I ain't gonna be cleaning it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A little Gothic, a little Steampunk, I like it. I don't like some of the light fittings and most of the wall art and agree those white walls could use some colour instead, but I could make those few changes after I moved in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Gothic Steampunk-ness of it all and the moody spaces.

      Delete
  14. Jeez looks like Morticia Addams might live there. Too dark for me - a bit Amityville (if you forgive the mixed metaphors)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Black exterior, but it does brightern up in some rooms once inside.

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......