Saturday, August 03, 2024

Why Is It ...

… that even when I’m on my third ‘mhm’, they just keep on speaking!

… that no one realizes that when you falsely accuse me of having an attitude, it creates exactly the attitude that you thought I had.

… that I really want to be nice but everyone annoys me?

… that cocktails are so dangerous; I mean, they often taste like juice and then suddenly you can’t walk.

… that I’m too old for Snapchat and too young for Life Alert.

… that every single day there is something to do and I am sick of it.

… that I feel like Willie Nelson’s been the same age my whole life?

… that while it’s nice to see people embracing therapy, a few of you are in need of an exorcism.

… that I always have the need to get the last word, even if I have to mail it to you.


15 comments:

  1. I love that Willie is still alive, gives me hope that clean living is not the key to living forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is this Snapchat you speak of? Should I sign up and download the app? All I know about it is that can send naughty photos and then delete them, probably after the receiver has deleted them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:53 AM

    the dog's mother
    Chortle on Willie Nelson!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right about Willie, blame it on the weed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aussieguy9:17 AM

    Lots of snorting on my end today! I find when you incorporate eye rolls with your hmmms, they become much more effective! And why do I keep getting hearing aid solicitations in the mail?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with a lot of these....especially the Willie Nelson one! LMAO!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always ... I love our Saturdays together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to be nice, too. That should count for something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely feel that way about Willie Nelson!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cleora Borealis12:26 PM

    I recently saw a great meme about handling the talkers who can't take a hint. While they are droning on, reach down and remove one of your socks and hand it to them. Seems guaranteed to break their concentration! 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  11. I resonate with a lot of these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i do enjoy these lists, more than once i see myself but expressed much better than i would.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha, I feel exactly the same about Willie Nelson!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "every single day..." yep!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Willie Nelson is 91 but like you say he has been that age forever.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......