Thursday, June 15, 2023

Bobservations

The other day Carlos said the most terrifying thing to me:

“I was reading one of my Science Alert emails and—”

It’s at that point that I panic and start thinking if there’s enough time for me to unbraid one of the braided kitchen rugs and fashion it into a noose and kill myself before the Science Alert continues, but alas, I am wrong.

“They’re saying now that Splenda had an adverse effect on DNA, so you shouldn’t use it.”

“I don’t use Splenda. We have raw sugar or agave in the hou—”

“Well, it’s also in soda.”

“I don’t drink soda.”

“You shouldn’t because it’s bad for you—”

“I don’t.”

“It’s bad for you.”

And now I think I need a Macrame Alert email on noose making.

This week’s Tuxedo is from March 2020, and the new toy I bought him and then instantly felt kinda guilty:

“Tell Me ….  am I a bad parent because I gave my cat a leopard pillow?

To be fair, he only used it to rest his head; he didn’t try murdering one of his own species.

This is model and social media influencer Daniel Rumfelt and he’s offering cakes. Who is up for it?

I know the MAGATS will just love this, until they read all the way through. Oh I kid, I mean until they have someone read it for them.

It seems America’s top-selling beer is no longer Bud Light after MAGAts saw transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney’s Instagram post showing off a customized Bud Light can and they assumed Bud Light makes you trans or something.

But, while they may celebrate the toppling of Bud Light, America’s new best-selling beer is from … Mexico. It’s Modelo Especial, the Mexican lager brewed near Mexico City by Constellation Brands.

Now they will have to find a way to boycott Modelo because, you know, immigrants.

I was watching The Tonys this past Sunday because, well, gay, and laughed when actor Denée Benton came for Ron DeSantis. Benton was saluting the 2023 recipient of the excellence in theater education award, Jason Zembuch Young of South Plantation High School in Plantation, Florida, and she said:

“I’m certain that the current grand wizard—I’m sorry, excuse me, governor of my home state of Florida …”

And the crowd roared.

Of Note: This past week a group of Nazis has been stationed outside Disney World flying their Swastika flags and DeSantis for President flags.

MAGAts tine heads are exploding again this week because Cracker Barrel has come out for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging:

“We have a responsibility to live up to our mission of Pleasing People each day, ensuring that every member of our team and every guest feels at home, feels cared for like family, and feels like they belong … Our teams work hard to create a culture of hospitality that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive to everyone who walks through our doors ... Discrimination, overt or through unconscious bias, has no place at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store.”

That’s right, while Target caves to anti-LGBTQ+ hate, Cracker Fucking Barrel has stepped up for our community.

Also during The Tony’s, Michael Arden won for directing the revival of Parade and during his speech he reclaimed a gay slur when he said:

“Growing up, I was called the f-word more times than I could remember and all I can say now is I’m a faggot with a Tony!”

And the crowd roared again, even though CBS bleeped the word during the broadcast.

Plus: Broadway stars Alex Newell,  left, and J Harrison Ghee, right, have made LGBTQ+ history as the first openly non-binary Tony Award winners. Newell won for Featured Actor in a Musical for their role as Lulu in “Shucked,” while Ghee won Leading Actor in a Musical for their role as Jerry/Daphne in the revival of “Some Like It Hot.”

The Tony’s; so fabulously gay!

Jonathan Stuart Bailey is an English actor, singer and out gay man, who will be co-starring with My-Husband-In-My-Head, Matt Bomer, in Showtime’s Fellow Travelers where they play lovers. But this really isn’t about that, it’s: Would You Hit It?

36 comments:

  1. Newell, Ghee, and “I’m a faggot with a Tony!” bring tears to me eyes. This is what PRIDE means.

    Jonathan Stuart Bailey? In a heartbeat.

    I'm confused. Are those relatives of Karen Black? Jack Black?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jonathan is quite a stunner, and to pair him with Matt Bomer? I'm dying.

      Delete
  2. They can take my Splenda when they pry it from my cold, dead, seven-fingered hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo proves you were correct in saying Magat's can't read. By the way, it appears they may have been holding hands. /s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to say what those fools are doing, but it's wrong.

      Delete
  4. Please excuse me if I am wrong but aren't those two maggots not black? Or are they referring to their hearts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daniel Rumfeld has the best GMP of any guy I have ever seen. That's Gluteus Maxamis Protrude!!!!!!!! Yummy! He could tap me 24/7.

    I can't believe Cracker Barrel is supporting the LGBT. They used to be one of the worst companies for LGBT. I remember one year sticking gay pride Flags in the gardens all the way around the building!

    I can show you how to make a noose. I've used them on many of my exes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one ass, yes, ma'am.
      I may take you up on the noose-making!

      Delete
  6. aussieguy11:00 AM

    Poor Carlos! Shame, shame, shame...although I'm sure the Internet has many tutorials on noose-making, probably even a TikTok!

    I'm not sure if I have enough time to hit both guys, but if they're willing, I'm willing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd hit 'em both, again and again and again ... and yes, Carlos knows!

      Delete
  7. Hold my beer. Cracker Barrel? Who KNEW??
    And Modelo? LMAOOO oh so sweet.
    I also watched the Tonys because GAY and I could not believe they censored Arden. Really? But he said what he said. Bravo!
    Love Newell. Love Ghee. Loved the dig at Meatball Ron. The Tonys were not tame.
    Also, Bomer AND Bailey? *faints*

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty shocked about The Barrel!
      As for Modelo and the MAGAts ... according to Joe.My.God.: "Constellation Brands partners with Stonewall Sports ... promoting LGBTQ representation in sports. It was also listed as a top place to work for LGBTQ people several times over the years ... scoring 100/100 in the Human Rights Campaign’s Equality Index." 🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈 🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈
      I nearly fainted when I saw the promo for Fellow Travelers! I cannot wait.
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Anonymous11:12 AM

    the dog's mother
    (Carlos) (Tuxedo forever)
    chortle - 'grand wizard'
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept rewinding the Tonys to hear her say it over and over.
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. Macrame is a lot more creative than the frying pan you used to threaten Carlos with, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be clear, the noose would be used on me and it was always a cartoon frying pan. 😈

      Delete
  10. A few comments:

    *We LOVE Carlos!! He is just not a pretty face. He loves to continuously learn and keep you on your toes. Go Carlos!!

    *Kids and "cake" these days. I know it is great to adore but I prefer seasoned, mature, and hairy to some degree.

    *Faggot-sometimes one has to take back the word and throw it back in their faces. "I am a faggot, how about you?" Bleeping it, well that is up for debate.

    *You do want to crash your blog?? Ms. Bailey is everything a girl could ask for. I took notice of him years ago and his star is shinning brighter everyday. Now his pairing with Ms. Bomer is going to make this tired world a better place.
    "Fellow Travelers is an upcoming American historical television miniseries based on the 2007 fictional novel of the same name by Thomas Mallon. Starring Matt Bomer and Jonathan Bailey, it centers on the decades-long romance between two men who first meet during the height of McCarthyism in the 1950s."-- Wikipedia
    A great read on this subject is Secret City-The Hidden History of Gay Washington-James Kirchick.

    *Now let me contribute. It warms my heart to see LGBTQ+ people coming into their own. Instances we have today was not possible 5-10+ years ago. I say claim your truth and live YOUR life. I saw this video of Billy Porter and Luck Evans singing a song Billy wrote for their upcoming movie-Our Son-a gay couple whose marriage ends and they battle over custody of their 8 year old son. I must have watched this video a dozen times. Enjoy:
    https://youtu.be/BB87roUr1eo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the video the other day and loved it. Love Porter and would love to climb Luke Evans.

      Delete
  11. Well I am glad you didn't have to unbraid one of the rugs, Bob. He is just looking out for you, right? And I haven't played football in a long time but I think Daniel Rumfelt might get hurt if he doesn't cover up some of those exposed areas. The tweet of the week is awesome. Take care, Bob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will come to me with his science stories and I usually respond with, "Oh. Sorry. I stopped listening after you said molecule."
      He loves his science tales.
      I know some folks who'd love to tackle Rumfelt ....

      Delete
  12. Can you believe Cracker Barrel?! Years ago, when the Pier 1 Imports store I was managing closed, I had a call from a CB recruiter trying to talk me into joining their company. I told that woman off--how I would never work for a company with values like CB--and hung up on her. So wow, what a change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to read the article twice to make sure I wasn't missing something, but when they posted the Tweets from the rightwingnuts who cried and said they'd never eat there again, I knew it was true!

      Delete
  13. Good lineup today! I wonder how sincere Cracker Barrel really is. Just rainbow-washing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worry about that, too, so we'll have to see how they act come July and August.

      Delete
  14. Like Jennifer, I was surprised by Cracker Barrel. Maybe there is hope!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Getting through the week is so much easier knowing that Thursday means "Bobservations" and Friday is next, sweetpea! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I can be some small part of joy!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  16. But Bob, you forgot the BEST part:
    "The company that owns Modelo beer is Grupo Modelo, which is a subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev. Grupo Modelo was founded in 1925 by German immigrants, and it is the largest brewer in Mexico. In 2008, Grupo Modelo was acquired by Anheuser-Busch InBev, which is the largest brewer in the world."
    And of course Anheuser-Busch is also the maker of Bud Light. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now THAT I did not know, and it makes everything so much better!

      Delete
  17. If the NFL wants to increase viewership, adopt that uniform. Who cares who scores, when they line up and bend . . . . . I suddenly too distracted to finish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might actually watch The Football!

      Delete
  18. That meme... all that escapes them. Yet they continue to walk upright.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......