Thursday, June 08, 2023

Bobservations

Howsabout a few quickies … this morning I walked into the kitchen and Consuelo and Rosita were eating breakfast in the same room and at the same time for the first time. I smiled, looked at them  and said:

“Morning ladies.”

I smiled, looked at Carlos and said:

“Morning lady.”

He growled back.

Last week he had a translation at the Lancaster Detention Center, so off we went. When the attorney arrived he and Carlos were buzzed inside while I waited in the lobby, and because I live for the funny, I said:

“See you in ten to twenty.”

He growled back.

Lastly, one night this week, while he was practicing his trumpet and I was reading, Rosita, for the first time, crawled into my lap and fell asleep. Carlos finished his practice, walked into the living and saw Rosita asleep and said:

“She sleeps in your lap? She goes back tomorrow.”

Then he growled and went into the kitchen.

This week’s Tuxedo Repost is from February 13, 2010

“SNOWville, Day 2 =)

I know we didn't have SNOWmageddon or a SNOWpocalypse, but this is big news for Smallville, er, SNOWville, as we usually get a one-day dusting of snow each year. Of course, everything came to a standstill; schools and businesses closed before the snow even fell, but it sure makes the town, and our house, look pretty.

Tuxedo's first experience with snow and, well, I'm not sure he likes it.”

This is my favorite picture of Tuxedo—okay, one of my favorites—because of the look on his face.

I miss that punim.

Thing 45-appointed Judge Thomas Parker of the US District Court for the Western District of Tennessee has declared that state's anti-drag Adult Entertainment Act is unconstitutional, saying:

“If Tennessee wishes to exercise its police power in restricting speech it considers obscene, it must do so within the constraints and framework of the United States Constitution.”

Let the drag resume …

I know it’s a Photoshopped image, but nevertheless it begs the question: exactly when did Jon Bon Jovi become Bea Arthur?

Out there in Salt Lake City of all places, copies of the King James Bible are being removed from school library shelves at elementary and junior high facilities in Davis County after a complaint that the scriptures feature material inappropriate—such as murder, sex, and incest—for children.

While I am no fan of banning books, what’s good for the goose …

On the LGBTQ+ friendly front, consulting firm Deloitte will donate $1 million to The Trevor Project, a LGBTQ+ mental-health nonprofit that supports youth in the community in times of crisis.

The donation will be distributed over the next two years and will fund the Trevor Project’s crisis counseling services, a web-based chat and a text-supported phone line, among other resources, and comes at a time of increased anti-LGBTQ+ legislative actions as well as right-wing pushback against acts of support for the LGBTQ+ community by corporate America.

So, Deloitte gets a huge Heyyyyy.

Elon Musk recently said Twitter’s advertising business was on the upswing but, um, yeah, liar gonna lie. It seems Twitter’s US advertising revenue from April 1 to May 1 was $88 million, or 59%, from a year ago.

Oh, I feel so bad for Elon.

So, with Thing 45, Ron DeSaster and Joe Biden all running for president let’s take a look at the messages their wives have sent with their fashion.

The always illiterate Melanie …

Casey DeSaster, whom Twitter has taken to calling either #TackieO due to her love for capes and opera gloves, or, my favorite, #WalmartMelania.

Jill Biden, with the simplest, yet most profound message.

This is Parker Gregory, fashion model and fitness expert. So, once again we ask the question: Would You Hit It?

31 comments:

  1. Yes to Parker. I'm waiting for the Native American Pence to show up in a loincloth. Musk losing money for his Saudi friends is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pence is a loin cloth? I just lost my lunch.

      Delete
  2. Aw, Tuxedo. My cold cold hear just melted. (OK, I don't have a cold heart, but if I did it would.) I love that you can make Carlos growl. Parker Gregory? I have just the place for him to Park it. (That's a “yes.”)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuxedo melted evryone's heart. A women who works for the Commission for the Blind has come to our house on several occasions to help Carlos and she fell in love with Tuxedo. This week she was coming back and said she couldn't wait to see him again, and when Carlos told her that he was gone, he started crying on the phone, and then made me cry,
      But she met Rosita and so she has that new friend.

      Delete
  3. Growly Carlos made me laugh! And yes, what a fab photo of snowy Tuxedo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos is good for a growl.
      And Tuxedo ... yes.

      Delete
  4. Rosita's learning very quickly, sweet girl. She's got a lot still to do if she's to supplant, or simply equal, the late, great, much-missed Tux, which, of course she can't do, no 'fault' of hers. But in her own terms there's no doubt she'll be irreplaceable.

    That Parker chappie puts me in mind of the Richard Geres, particularly in the top three photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosita is a terrorist and yet a very lovable and affectionate cat. I think Tuxedo would have loved her, and vice versa.
      There is a little Gere in Parker ... pun intended??

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the Tuxedo pic. Glad Rosita is feeling more at home. Great progress. Pence is such a poser. Jill Biden is a total babe. I'd buy her a drink any day. I can't believe anyone gives Elon Musk a red cent... who the F advertises on Twatter? And a couple of wins in there... For LGBTQ+ youth, drag queens, and atheists! Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Tuxedo photo had me tearing up all over again. Still not done grieving his absence. I think he would have loved having Rosita around ... I think maybe he knows she's here.
      Nice wins for our community, so perhaps if we all VOTE the progress will continue.
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Anonymous10:22 AM

    the dog's mother
    (Carlos) (Tuxedo & kitties)
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha
    Now I'm gonna think about the Devil's Butler doing all the Village People clones! Oh, Mother is not gonna be happy.
    Love that pic of Tux! And I cackled at the Carlos story.
    Now, yay for The Trevor Project. Love that non profit. Gave them money last year.
    And Parker is a fitness expert? Naaaawww...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mother has the construction outfit in HER closet!
      Tuxedo was one of a kind.
      The Trevor Project deserves all the coins they get, and good on Deloitte for doing so.
      Parker is about the nekkid fitness.
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Jon Bon Jovi married a girl at my sister's school

    A friend and I were saying the other week that the way to fight the book burning idiots back was to point out all the unsavoury goings on in the Old Testament.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bible is full of nasty stuff that children shouldn't be exposed to.

      Delete
  9. What a sweet of Tuxedo. My cats (I've only one left) were not fond of snow either.
    Thanks goodness for at least one thing 45 appointee having the ability to say no to bigotry. And Jill Biden, she's got more class in her little finger than the entire GOP. Did I not hear that Pence is also throwing his hat into the ring? I wonder if he'll use the cowboy hat or for a construction hard hat???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuxedo wanted to see it, but didn't want to walk in it, or have it placed on his head.
      I think if Mike uses the hard hat he'll have to get it back from Mother.

      Delete
  10. I absolutely love the face on Tuxedo's face. Like Indoors. Now bitch.!!!!! I wonder why dogs like snow, but not cats?

    Yes....melanie and Tacky looked like sorry excuses for past or possible first ladies. One an ex call girl and another a desperate housewife.

    And some good new from Tennessee...just in time for pride month!!!!🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuxedo didn't like that I put the cold stuff on his head at all!
      Jill Biden, please. The other two? Wannabes.
      Drag is a First Amendment right. It's art, it's politics, it's speech, it's revolution.

      Delete
  11. Growly Carlos made me guffaw! That is a sweet photo of Tuxedo. Jill Biden seems like she would be a caring friend. The others, toxic to the extreme.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That last Tweet made me howl! Hahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He hates The Gays but he loves a Gay Stereotype.

      Delete
  13. Lots of growls from Carlos. Hopefully he's less so this weekend. Love the photo of Tuxedo and I can see why it is one of your faves. United not divided is the way to go and I really wish these GOP turds and their lady friends would get on board. Love the tweet about Mike Pence. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, Tuxedo was unsure of the snow, especially when I put him down in it!
      Who knew Michael Elizabeth Pence had auditioned for the Village People???

      Delete
  14. I loved the part with the jackets of the wives. It says it all. I am so sick of hearing DeSantimonious talk about "woke" this and "woke" that. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill Biden is the example these other women should strive to emulate.

      Delete
  15. Dr. Biden is a genuinely nice person, easy to talk with, welcoming, warm.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know why any of the first ladies (first women?) are wearing words on their clothes. Not a good look at official engagements.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......