Thursday, June 29, 2023

Bobservations

Last Friday we took Rosita to the vet for her post-adoption checkup; she’d had all her shots and been spayed, but they ask that you have the new pet checked out.

We were pleasantly surprised at how easygoing she was in car, in the waiting room, and then being poked and prodded by our vet—who is dreamy AF, by the way. But they could not get a stool sample from her so they sent us home with a small tube to, um, collect the sample. And, even with his eyesight, the rule is Carlos takes care of what comes out of the cats, so I put him in charge of collections.

He came to me Tuesday morning and asked if I had time to stop at the vet’s office as he had done his part; and, to show me his work, he held up a blue latex glove with one of the fingers tied off. I tell him the sample should be in the tube provided and he said just take it in the glove and we went back and forth with this until I finally said, somewhat loudly so the neighbors might hear:

“I am not taking a glove full of cat poop to the vet!!”

I never thought that was a sentence I would utter … but the sample was put into the tube, and then the receptionist and I laughed about Carlos, and then every single one of my co-workers and I laughed about Carlos, and the woman at the take-out counter at Masa and I laughed about it,

Good times.

From April 2010, Tuxedo takes his first political stance:

“Tuxedo Says Boycott Arizona

As a "cat of color" Tuxedo sympathizes with those men and women who are subjected to the Show-me-your-papers laws of Arizona and has decided to go into hiding himself because he does not have the proper documentation.”

Luckily, he was never stopped by Arizona PD.

The man—and I won’t name him because he deserves no notoriety—who murdered five people and shot forty-six others at the LGBTQ bar Club Q in Colorado Springs has pleaded guilty to five counts of murder in the first degree, and 46 counts of attempted murder in the first degree. He will five consecutive life sentences without the possibility for parole and will also receive 46 consecutive 48-year sentences for the attempted murder counts.

Good.Bye.

In Delaware, state Senator Sarah McBride, the country’s highest-ranking transgender elected official, announced her candidacy to become Delaware’s next sole congressperson.

If elected, McBride would become the first trans person elected to federal office.

Do this, Delaware.

Earlier this week, stuck in traffic, listening to a local radio station, there was one of those Be Caller 15 contests, and, with nothing to do, I called the station:

“Congratulations! You’re caller 15! Answer this next question correctly and win the Grand Prize!”

“Woo hoo!!”

“It’s a math question, are you feeling confident?”

“I love math, go ahead.”

“Okay get this question right and win two tickets and a backstage pass to see Taylor Swift in Columbia. What’s 2 + 2?

“Seven.”

Oh darn. Missed it by that much.

This week the Supreme Court dismissed Louisiana’s appeal seeking to prevent the state’s congressional map from being redrawn over claims that it unlawfully dilutes the influence of Black voters. The move was expected after the Court’s ruling in a similar case concerning congressional districts in Alabama.

Nice moves by the Court. This time.

Over the weekend our refrigerator decided to go to appliance heaven but we thought we might try to resuscitate it and set about cleaning filters and fans and such to keep the old girl cold. Carlos was on the floor behind the machine trying to remove the back panel to get to the fan, when I asked if he wanted a flashlight:

“What’s a flashlight gonna do for me?”

We laughed but then cut to an hour later when we went off to buy a new refrigerator and as I waited in the car, Carlos came into the kitchen and began … wait for it … it makes no sense … shutting off the lights.

How did he know they were on? I think he’s gaslighting me.

Texas Governor, asshat, Greg Abbott took to Twitter to blast country music icon Garth Brooks for being “woke" ... Brooks is opening a bar in Nashville and he will serve Bud Light, the beer the GOP fears.

But this is about a story Abbott read a story about Brooks on satire website The Dunning-Kruger Times that claims Brooks was booed off the stage at the 123rd Annual Texas Country Jamboree in Hambriston, Texas.

Never happened, because there is no such thing as the Annual Texas Country Jamboree , and there is no such town in Texas called Hambriston, something the governor should have known if he was woke, and then he might not have Tweeted:

“Go woke. Go broke. Good job, Texas.”

As soon as Abbott learned, again, that he’s a moron, he deleted the tweet but as the internet is forever and Abbott’s stupidity will live on.

As for Garth Brooks, he has been a longtime supporter of the LGBTQ+ community and his net worth is roughly half a billion dollars so he’s literally wok and nowhere near broke.

PS Fuck off Greg Abbott.

This is out actor and model Brandon Flynn, who stars in a new campaign from Calvin Klein but that’s neither here nor there: Would You Hit It?

30 comments:

  1. Your interactions with Carlos keep me in stitches. Does he realize how hilarious he is?
    And your response to the radio contest question made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He doesn't see himself as funny, which makes him high-arious!

      Delete
  2. I'd have taken the cat poop in the glove, they just wanted a stool sample. The Supreme Court did get one right, but I doubt if that's going to last. And Brandon looks cute and devious, so the answer's yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they're sending it off to an outside lab for tests so the glove is kinda wrong for that.

      Delete
  3. LMAOOO I think Carlos really is gaslighting you and is secretly writing his memoir. I'm just saying...
    And I MUST comment on Meatball Ron: he'll never be president, but he'll forever be fodder for asshattery. He tries and tries and NEVER gets it right. Same for Abbott. You'd think that a dude in a wheelchair would be less of an asshole. But no.
    And come through, Delaware!!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right about Carlos!
      And DeSaster is flailing and failing.
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. aussieguy10:22 AM

    All I can say is you came MUCH closer to getting the answer to win Ta-Ta tickets than I would! And nothing comes between me and my Calvins...does Abbott take stupid pills? Could explain a lot of GOP behavior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could GIVE me free tickets for Swifty and I wouldn't take 'em.
      Same for Beyoncé.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous10:59 AM

    the dog's mother
    (Carlos - twice!) (Tuxedo always!)
    Go for it Delaware!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Delaware!
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. I assume that creepy DeSanctimonious doesn't get very well paid by the state of Florida (quite rightly - his pay should be $1 per annum), because if that is not the case, why is he moonlighting?

    As for creepy Governor #2 Greg Haddock, surely as governor he knows the names of all towns in his state?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both stories show how ignorant these GOP governors are and how much better off they'd be if they would just wake the f**k up.

      Delete
  7. Brandon Flynn is adorable, but none for me thanks. Ew, a close-up of a part of Ron Desantis. I need to bleach my eyes. Ha to the imaginary Taylor Swift tickets. Seven is my answer, too. I'm confused. If Carlos IS gaslighting you, how does he know? Carlos did more than I would have done with that poop. The man's a saint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saint Carlos!! It does have a poignant ring. Excuse me, I have to take this. The Pope is on line 2.

      Delete
    2. I like Brandon's mischievousness.
      If you ask Carlos about gaslighting he thinks we need to fuel up the car.
      As for the poop, the man worked in veterinary offices for years and handled far worse!!!
      And we have THAT rule: he takes care of what comes out of the pets!! Saint???

      Delete
  8. PS-What refrigerator did you guys settle on. Mine sounds like it might give up the coast any day now. I have a Kenmore purchased by the former owner in/around 2005. I hear Samsung, LG, and GE are good choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a Whirlpool and bought a new Whirlpool; bigger than the old and so far we love it.

      Delete
  9. Thursdays are the absolute best here, sweetpea! I'm with you about sharing our SO's most endearing tales! Hey, we all need good fun these days and our guys are naturals goofs! LOL xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily Carlos has a good sense of humor about me sharing his Tales!
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. I'll tell you you and Carlos are crack-ups!

    Sarah McBride may have a good chance at that. She's doing a great job and Democrat and Republicans both like her. I'd actually be shocked if she didn't get it.

    I could Brandon hit it. He could tap me morning twice Friday night and three times on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope McBride wins; I can already see Marge's head implode!
      I like devilish Brandon, too!

      Delete
  11. Good luck to Senator Sarah McBride! And loved both your Carlos stories this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see McBride elected!
      Carlos was on a roll this week.

      Delete
  12. Yay Delaware! And Yay Garth! Greg Abbott is an idiot and any reasonable electorate would throw him out of office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I loved the cat poop in the glove. The things we do for our pets! (And our spouses!)

      Delete
  13. Sadly, Texans aren't known for being reasonable.
    I'll do anything for our pets but I won't take a poop-filled glove to the vet!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Carlos, everyone knows taking a glove full of cat poop to the vet is a big no-no. Ha! I have missed his tales. Thanks for the entertainment, Bob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between the Poop Glove and the Gaslighting he had a stand out week!

      Delete
  15. Keeping one another laughing helps keep you loving, and woke, I am so glad I am woke, not broke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woke and loving it here, too!

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......