Thursday, June 01, 2023

Bobservations

Every so often Carlos likes a little hot chocolate late at night, and I will have some as well because it knocks me out when I go to bed. But I may have found a new sleep aid: science. See, there are times, as we’re chatting before going to sleep that Carlos will talk molecules and DNA and science, and the other night I said to him:

“This is better than the chocolate, because it puts me right to sleep with no sugar or calories.”

Now there are three sleep aids in our house: hot chocolate, science and bad jokes.

This weeks’ Tuxedo is from December 2009, when he decided to sit in the guest room and gaze out the window.

A lot of you commented on how regal Rosita looked in some of her photos the other day, and when I checked this blog post people had also commented on Tuxedo’s regal-ness.

He was a good poser, and she is a good poser.

Remember Christian Cooper? He was the Black man birdwatching in Central Park when a Central Park Karen—Amy Cooper, obviously no relation—called 911 to say he was threatening her.

Well, Amy Cooper lost her job, but this week while Christian Cooper got a new one … as host of National Geographic's new show "Extraordinary Birder".

Karma.

PS Christian is a hottie.

A friend of mine just started working at an, ahem, “adult” store. After his first few hours on the job, his boss said he needed to leave and asked my friend if he could manage the store and he agreed. A few minutes later white woman comes in:

"How much for the white dildo?"

"$35."

"How much for the black one?"

"$35 for the black one, $35 for the white one."

"I think I'll take the black one. I've never had a black one before."

She pays him, and off she goes. A while later a Black woman comes in:

"How much for the black dildo?

"$35."

"How much for the white one?"

"$35 for the white one, $35 for the black one."

"Hmmm...I think I'll take the white one. I've never had a white one before..."

She pays him, and off she goes. About an hour later a young blonde woman comes in and asks:

"How much are your dildos?"

"$35 for the white, $35 for the black."

"Hmmmmm....how much is that plaid one on the shelf?"

"That's a very special dildo...it'll cost you $165."

"I'll take the plaid one, I've never had a plaid one before...." 

She pays him, and off she goes. Then the boss returns he asks my friend how everything went and my friend says:

"I think I did good, I sold one white dildo, one black dildo, and I sold your thermos for $165!"

Could’a happened.

After The North Face, an outdoor clothing, footwear, and equipment chain, released its new Pride month collection, which included a video featuring drag queen Pattie Gonia, a bunch of snowflakes MAGAts got their grannie panties in a  twist and complained on social media and threatened a boycott; The North Face isn’t here for that and responded with:

“The North Face has always believed the outdoors should be a welcoming, equitable and safe place for all. Creating community and belonging in the outdoors is a core part of our values and is needed now more than ever. We stand with those who support our vision for a more inclusive outdoor industry.”

The North Face noted that their Summer of Pride series is now in its second year and has helped “individuals from all backgrounds” experience the outdoors.

Because the outdoors is for everyone.

PS Target? This is how it's done.

I do pick on Carlos but I love the man madly and I love when, given his eyesight issues, he finds something new.

This week the Foundation Fighting Blindness sent him a books on tape reader and all he needs to do is check their website, order up to three books at a time and they are sent to the house, After he listens to them, he puts them back in the box and mails them back, all at no cost.

Carlos loves to read, loves knowledge, and that was one of the things he’s missed dearly in the last few years so my joy at his being able to “read” again is only exceeded by his joy.

Need another reason not to vote for Ron DeSantisFascist? Try this …

There was a mass shooting on Memorial Day in Florida that left nine people, including children, wounded, yet DeSantis, campaigning in Iowa, failed to utter a word about it. He has not said a word on his Twitter accounts, has not posted a statement on his government website, and it does not appear he has spoken to reporters about it.

His campaign is more important than dead Floridians.

PS Ron DeSantis signed a permit-less carry bill in April that removes requirements for background checks, instruction, training &oversight.

PPS The shooter was not, I repeat not, a drag queen, which DeFacsist thinks is the greatest threat to the US.

Charly Poirier was born in Paris and is a fashion model and a social media influencer, though the big question is: Would You Hit It?

36 comments:

  1. O.K. the dildo joke...you should be taken out behind the barn and spanked...or wait, maybe Carlos would not have to take you out, maybe you could both just stay indoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take whatever punishment comes along~!

      Delete
  2. LMAOOO
    Oh, that joke, Bob!
    And I think that The North Face did indeed show Target how to handle this. Of course the bigots did not show en masse to the North Face Stores... Ugh how I detest them.
    And yes, of course I'd let Charlie do things to me. Repeatedly...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like a good dildo ....... joke.
      Target should know better.
      Yeah, Charly's kinda hot.
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I loved both Carlos stories, Bobulah. One made me laugh and the other had me tearing up.
    All cats are regal until they go into jerk assassin mode!
    As for the joke? I thought it was safe to sip my coffee while reading it. You warned me it was bad. You lied! Six a.m. is way too early to choke on coffee, Bob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had some cats that were less regal and more notorious.
      Sorry about the coffee! 😁

      Delete
  4. Oh, Christian got the new job - at first I was confused about which Cooper you meant... You left out his name in that sentence...
    I am glad for Christian Cooper!
    I'm happy that Carlos can get the books on tape. That's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to fix that error! Sheesh.
      Carlos is thrilled about the books, too.

      Delete
  5. Dildo joke - I tried to stifle a laugh. Pleased that I failed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even got a little cackle out of Carlos with that joke!

      Delete
  6. I immediately feel all warm inside when I see the header “Tales of Carlos.” Excellent news about the books on tape reader! My mother’s neighbor loved to read and was devastated when she no longer could. That reader changed her life. That was great news about Cooper. Charly Poirier is definitely something but he looks A LOT like one of my nephews (the could be brothers) and that would just be creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy Carlos got the books, and that it's so easy to get them and return them.
      Lucky for me, Charly looks like none of my relations!

      Delete
  7. Oh my God that joke was priceless! I'll be repeating that several times today. And don't expect Ron DeSantis to acknowledge any gun shooting. That doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

    Good on North Face for addressing the outcry. And while it's good to some point for the exposure to support the gay pride month I still only buy from gay owned companies.

    And I love that fat slug floating in a Blue Wave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronnie is a filthy pig.
      I agree about buying only from gay-owned businesses, or ones who support us ALL YEAR LONG!!!

      Delete
  8. There are so many reasons not to vote for Ron DeSantis that I couldn't begin to enumerate them all!

    Bravo for Carlos and the books on tape. That's great news.

    I love that there's a drag queen named Pattie Gonia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drag queen names are the best!

      Delete
  9. Anonymous10:50 AM

    the dog's mother
    (Carlos x 2) (Tuxedo always)
    t____ can just wave goodbye
    floating away in the blue wave.
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. aussieguy10:51 AM

    I hear Thermos wants to trademark your joke! Charly? Oui! Merci beaucoup! I'm thinking an anchor might be the best life preserver...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could use the Thermos™ coins!
      To take Charly out for a long weekend or buy an anchor.

      Delete
  11. How about Angie throws a brick?

    The Royal Society for the Blind runs a spoken book service on this side of the pond - I'm glad that Carlos is able to enjoy books again. I couldn't live without books any more than I could live without oxygen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be good with a brick.
      Yeah, we are both so happy that Carlos gets this service.

      Delete
  12. North Face Rocks, DeSantis sinks like a rock, and Charly is almost too pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm happy for Carlos - I can imagine the frustration of losing one's ability to read books. I've always got one nearby, though it often takes me weeks to finish one.
    Good on North Face, and deSantis has apparently decided Florida no longer matters. What an asshat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one of the things that hit Carlos the hardest when his eyesight started to fail. He's always loved books.
      DeFascist is too busy running to f**k this country to be bothered by shootings in Florida.

      Delete
  14. I put my boyfriend to sleep if I start discussing grammar, especially the subjunctive. DeSantis is a horrible, no-good person; I can't believe anyone would vote for him. Of course he did get elected in Florida and Trump was sort of "president" so perhaps my expectations for the American voter are too high?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grammar chat might get me to nodding off, too!
      I, too, wonder about voters and why they vote as they do.

      Delete
  15. Oh that plaid Thermos joke is SO BAD, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Oh damn, all out of life preservers, what should I throw?" Thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's what they would throw.
      Actually, the GOP, being lemmings, would follow him right into the water.

      Delete
  17. It was nice to read that Carlos can enjoy books again. And DeSantis? What an ass. The thing that scares me about him is that he won the gubernatorial election in Florida with a hefty margin. How in hell can that happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos is really enjoying his new toy and the books.
      To answer your question: it's Flori-duh. I like to think, however, that his bigoted, hate-filled, anti-LGBTQ+, anti-women platform won't help him nationwide.

      Delete
  18. Time to dust off the binoculars and go bird watching.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......