Thursday, February 24, 2011

Just For Giggles: Gate 14, Denver Airport

This just in from my Dad in Smallerville. Now, I don't know if this is true, but it cracked me up. 


A crowded United Airlines flight was canceled. A single agent was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travelers. Suddenly, an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight and it has to be FIRST CLASS." 

The agent replied, "I'm sorry, sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these folks first; and then I'm sure we'll be able to work something out." 

The passenger was unimpressed. 

He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear,"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?" 

Without hesitating, the agent smiled and grabbed her public address microphone."May I have your attention, please?", she began, her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal. "We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Gate 14". 

With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the United agent, gritted his teeth, and said, " F*** You!". 

Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry sir, you'll have to get in line for that, too."

4 comments:

  1. Ha! I love it when someone plays the "Do you know who I am?" card and it's trumped by a quick wit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, I'll have to ask Daughter, she was in Denver airport on Tuesday. LOL!

    She managed to get patted down, one leg, as she forgot to take out a chapstick. Then she got her hair patted down as she had a hairclip in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how those who have to deal with the nasty public have a way of putting them in their place.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......