Friday, February 18, 2011

I Didin't Say It..........

Iowa GOP Congress-asshat, Dwayne Alons, on why he agrees with The Family Leader, that homosexuality is a public health crisis akin to smoking:
"I think that whole lifestyle has brought a lot of problems to society…For the most part when you look at some of the issues that have been brought up by homosexuals’ lifestyle, there are a lot of negatives that have been brought into society and I think government is trying to deal with that and should be dealing with...look at all that has been spent, you know, with the AIDS and with the issues related to the dying at an early age. I think life, longevity, of a lot of these folks is below 50, when you know, the normal people that do not enter into that kind of relationship, their either late into their 70s or early 80s for longevity. A lot more actual productive years and contributing to society."

Once again, they give us to much credit.
We apparently control the weather, as we sent a hurricane to New Orleans.
We are more dangerous than al queda.
We have destroyed the economy.
And now, we're more dangerous than smoking?
I envision the days of restaurant dining and being given the option of Gay or No Gay.
Wingnut.

Georgia GOP Congress-asshat, Bobby Franklin, on the Biblical reasons for opposing gays in the military:
"The Bible says (homosexuality is) a capital offense. You want someone [in the military] with unrepentant criminal behavior? And it's not just that, neither should adulterers, neither should thieves, neither should a lot of things. The church is full of sinners, but we're told in 1st Corinthians it rattled off the homosexual, the adulterer, the thief, the liar, and such were some of you, but you've been washed, you've been justified and so forth. It's not what you were. You're not punishing a thought. But do you want an unrepentant drug dealer in the military? Same thing."

Oops, we're a public health crisis, a weather phenomenon, a depression maker, and now we're just like unrepentant criminals.
Hmmm, I may not want an unrepentant drug dealer in the military, but I know I don't want some selective Bible passage quoting wingnut in the state house.

Annette Bening, on the dignity of gay families:
"I think when something is a good movie, first of all, well made, entertaining to a degree, funny, maybe has some heart, that comes first. If you can open people's hearts first, then maybe people's minds get opened after that...I'm proud that the movie does stand up for the dignity of all families, especially for the kids in these families. Those children deserve the same self-respect and dignity about their own families as kids from straight parents...I hope that does open a few hearts and minds..."

To be fair, I am not much of a Bening fan, so pardon me for feeling cynical, but....
Had she made this speech before she began campaigning for the Oscar, I think i would have respecte3d her more.
As it is, it seems like she's looking for votes.
And, if I could vote for Oscar, well, i, like most people, would choose Natalie Portman.

Chuck Lorre, Two And A Half Men producer, and his end of show credit roll about star Charlie Sheen:
"I exercise regularly. I eat moderate amounts of healthy food. I make sure to get plenty of rest. I see my doctor once a year and my dentist twice a year. I floss every night. I've had chest x–rays, cardio stress tests, EKG's and colonoscopies. I see a psychologist and have a variety of hobbies to reduce stress. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I don't have crazy, reckless sex with strangers. If Charlie Sheen outlives me, I'm gonna be really pissed."

Oh, Chuck.
Are you gonna be pissed because Charlie Sheen outlived you by living a life of drunken, drugged, debauchery, or are you just hoping he outlives you so you can keep making money off of him?
See, if you truly cared about Charlie Sheen, you'd shut down your show until he gets the help he needs, but then, isn't it all about the money?

Washington state Senator Ed Murray, on marriage equality: 
“Gay and lesbian families in Washington now enjoy the same state spousal rights that their married straight friends enjoy – except for the name ‘marriage’. The recognition that their loving, lifelong commitment is no different from the loving, lifelong commitment of straight couples is the final step to achieving full equality. I believe the Legislature and the public are both ready to take that final step.”

Isn't it funny how simple it sounds.
Equality.
We all get the same treatment.
Simple, no?

Connie O'Brien, Tea Party-backed Kansas GOP Congresswoman, on her attempt to overturn the granting of in-state tuition rates to the children of undocumented immigrants:
"My son who’s a Kansas resident, born here, raised here, didn’t qualify for any financial aid. Yet this girl was going to get financial aid. My son was kinda upset about it because he works and pays for his own schooling and his books and everything and he didn’t think that was fair. We didn’t ask the girl what nationality she was, we didn’t think that was proper. But we could tell by looking at her that she was not originally from this country. She wasn’t black, she wasn’t Asian, and she had the olive complexion."

Wow, so those olive complected folks are not from here?
I'm so glad that Connie 'Wingnut' O'Brien cleared that up. because I didn't realize that the color of one's skin determined your nation of birth.
'We could tell by looking at her...."
Well, I can tell by listening to Connie, that she is batshit crazy and a bigot, but then, she is Tea Party, isn't she.

Serial groom--three trips to the altar and counting--Donald Trump, whose potential 2012 presidential run is being backed by GOProud, on marriage equality:
"No, I'm just not in favor of gay marriage. I live in New York. New York is a place with lots of gays, and I think it is great. But I'm not in favor of gay marriage."

Yeah, it's okay if he lives in a city full of 'them' and probably has hundreds, nay, thousands, of 'them' working for him, but 'they' don't deserve equality.
I mean, aren't 'they' allowed to walk the streets like regular people?
And if so, why should 'they' be equal?
That's just for rich white fuckers with bad hair?

Lady Gaga, on Madonna and the alleged similarity between 'Born This Way' and Madge's 'Express Yourself':

"There really is no one that is a more adoring and loving Madonna fan than me. I am the hugest fan personally and professionally...well, the good news is that I got an e-mail from her people and her, sending me their love and complete support on behalf of the single and if the queen says it shall be, then it shall be."

Let me rant: I am tired of Gaga saying it took her ten minutes to write that song.
Perhaps she should have spent more time on it and it might not have come off like some generic pop tune we've all heard before.
And I'm annoyed that she declared it a gay anthem, because I always thought gay anthems evolved from something else.
I Will Survive wasn't intended to be a gay anthem, but it became one.
Gaga needs to spend more time in the egg and less time in the ego.

3 comments:

  1. great post..I laughed my gay ass off ;) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very enjoyable post. I hope Bobby Franklin remembers the "liar" part of 1 Corinthians when judgment comes for himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah! Washington! They do good stuff along with mulling over a state coffee and getting behind the counters of the snack and food vendors in the capital.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......