Friday, February 04, 2011

I Didn't Say It....

Eugene Delgaudio, on Harry Reid's attempt to reform Senate filibuster rules:
"Harry Reid is dangerously close to the 51 votes he needs to pass literally anything he wants through the Senate. That would virtually nullify the gains Republicans made in November! And Joe, the sad fact is that without this rule, the Homosexual Lobby would have already rammed through every last bit of their anti-family legislation: The Homosexual Classrooms Act, the Gay Bill of Special Rights, the Entry for Homosexual Aliens Act, and Nationwide Mandatory Homosexual Marriage. I shudder at the thought. And that's why I need you to take action immediately."

Wow, Eugene, you're giving us, and perhaps, Harry Reid, far too much power.
If only it was that simple and easy for the Homosexual Lobby to take over the world, well, it would have been done already.
But I do love your use of fear-mongering names to drive home your bigotry and intolerance.
Gay Bill of Special Rights?
Nationwide Mandatory Homosexual Marriage?
Look, asshat, call it what it is: equality.
And then shut up.

Daily Mail columnist, Melanie Phillips, defending her column that said gay people are out to destroy "normal sexual behavior":
"I have nothing against gay people and would always defend them against true prejudice – as I did in my article, and as I often do when considering the threat posed to them by radical Islamism. What does concern me, however, is the ‘gay rights’ political agenda which, as activists have often made clear, aims to change the basic moral framework of society."

With 'friends' like Phillips, who needs enemies.
She loves us gays, but feels we are hell-bent on destroying the moral framework of society.
I think Phillips needs to double-check the meaning on bigotry, intolerance, discrimination, and, well, hate.

Alan Cumming, on gay actors playing straight: 
“It’s not about your work… It’s about how you exist as a person in the world, and the idea that your work is more important than you as a person is a horrible, horrible message. I always think about a little gay boy in Wisconsin or a little lesbian in Arkansas seeing someone like me, and if I cannot be open in my life, how on earth can they? Anyway, it’s an academic question: how can you know [that coming out affects your career]? Some people get less work than others, and it has nothing to do with sexuality.”

Nice of Alan to think of someone other than his career, and how, by being out--and he means all of us--we help that little gay kid, or that grown gay person, accept themselves.
All it takes is two little words--"I'm gay."--and the world would be a much better, more open, more tolerant, place.

Jonathan Knight, on being 'outed' by Tiffany:
"I have never been outed by anyone but myself! I did so almost twenty years ago. I never knew that I would have to do it all over again publicly just because I reunited with NKOTB! I have lived my life very openly and have never hidden the fact that I am gay! Apparently the pre-requiste to being a gay public figure is to appear on the cover of a magazine with the caption "I am gay". I apologize for not doing so if this is what was expected! My belief is that you live your life by example, and not by a caption on a magazine! If there ever has been any confusion about my sexuality, then you are someone that doesn't even know me! I love living my life being open and honest, but at this time I choose not to discuss my private life any further! My fellow band members don't discuss their private lives with their loved ones and I don't feel that just because I am gay, I should have to discuss mine!"

You don't have to discuss your private life, but think of how many young kids you could help, maybe save from an attempted suicide, by discussing being gay.
I say it all the time, we all need to come out, live openly and honestly as gay men and women, and then the fear and bigotry that the homophobes spread will have no power.

Rear Admiral Alan M. Steinman, USPHS/USCG [Retired], the highest-ranking U.S. military officer to identify himself as gay, on DADT:
"During that entire period I remained 'in the closet': I did not reveal my sexual orientation to anyone in the Coast Guard, nor even to my relatives. In order to serve my country, I had to sacrifice my personal life."

We ask our members of the military to sacrifice almost everything when they volunteer to serve this country, to protect our freedoms.
And then we ask our gay military men and women to hide themselves away in shame.
The hypocrisy should not be lost on anyone.
DADT is over, and it must stay over.

Terry McMillan, Tweets on the exploitation of Willow and Jaden Smith by their parents:
"The Smith children already act like child stars. There's an arrogance in their demeanor and behavior. I find it incredibly sad."....."It feels like the Smith children are being pimped and exploited. Or, they're already hungry for fame. What about 4th grade?"....."A lot of A-list movie stars shielded their children from the Hollywood-world until they were old enough to decide. Look at those who didn't."....."Look at Lindsay. Phoenix. To name but a few. They miss out on childhood. It's more important than fame."....."These kids don't already know what they "love". Total bullshit. They're not prodigies. They think Hollywood is real."....."Why don't they do a remake of The Little Rascals and call it a day? Or, come up with an original film with some ethnic pride. Come on."....."Okay. I've said enough about the Smith children. I'm not debating about them. It's just my opinion. People can justify anything, though."

Well, I think Terry said it all.
Will and Jada are so interested in education, but I wonder if they are ignoring the education of their children at the expense of making them stars.

Manhattan Declaration co-author "Pastor" Jim Garlow, rewriting Obama's State Of The Union Address, as a Marxist Kenyan friend-to-sodomites:
"I have tragically hastened to destroy the No. 1 preserver of all that is good in society – the family, consisting of a mother and a father. In my need to be politically correct, and my desire to garner more votes from the nuclear family attackers, I was drawn in to their errors and sins of redefining the family. I am ashamed of this. I am sorry. I ask for forgiveness. I have helped to demoralize the military that defends us. I ran roughshod over 59% of the US Marines when I forced my social experimentation upon them, coercing them to accept lifestyles as normative, with no thought of troop readiness and cohesion. I was drawn in to the errors, lies and sins of political correctness, at the expense of truth. I am ashamed of this. I am sorry. I ask for forgiveness."

Oh, "Pastor", you should ask for forgiveness, for yourself.
The hate, and the lies, that you spread in the name of your so-called god?
Believe me, sir, god is listening to you, and she's as disgusted by you as am I.

Catholic League president, wingnut, and goosestepper, Bill Donohue, complaining that "those" Jews at the New York Times are exploiting the Smithsonian censorship scandal:
"The man who made the vile video died of AIDS. Had he followed the teachings of the Catholic Church on sexuality, he would be alive today. Instead, he blamed the Church. ...... It was not the Catholic Church that killed the artist, David Wojnarowicz: it was gay activists, many of whom are in the artistic community. They were the ones who demanded that the bathhouses be kept open, even as their brothers were dying left and right. To exploit this tragedy any longer is sick. Catholicism is the answer, not the problem."

Catholicism is the answer? No, it's more of a question.
Catholicism hides child rapists?
Catholicism denies the AIDS crisis in Africa?
Catholicism  lets people die rather than educate them about HIV and AIDS protection, and condoms?
Catholicism blames the Jews for everything?
If Catholicism is the question, the answer should be No.

European Parliament President Jerzy Buzek, responding to the murder of LGBT activist David Kato with a renewed call for Uganda to decriminalize homosexuality:
"David Kato was a man that fought for the rights of people to live freely regardless of their sexual orientation in Uganda. David Kato suffered a violent death and I send my condolences to his family. I call for the perpetrators of this crime to be brought to justice. He was a remarkable human rights defender. I regret that Uganda is a country where homosexuality is still considered a criminal act. David Kato's battle was to improve tolerance and encourage tolerance of divergent views of sexuality and defend the rights for lesbians, gays, bisexual, and transgender persons and protect vulnerable minorities."

And for working toward equality, he paid for it with his life.
I don't care who you are, or what you believe, I find it nearly impossible that anyone actually believes he deserved to die because he was gay.
I find it nearly impossible to believe that anyone could be that heartless.

Imam Abdallah Adhami, the newly-hired senior adviser for the Muslim Community Center proposed to be built in Lower Manhattan:
"An enormously, overwhelming percentage of people struggle with homosexual feeling because of some form of violent emotional or sexual abuse at some point in their life. Again, not necessarily in their childhood. A small, tiny percentage of people are born with a natural inclination they cannot explain. You find this in the animal kingdom on some level as well."

Yes, let's trot out that old chestnut that all gay people turned gay because of some childhood molestation or trauma or violent attack.
Let's not just say that people are born gay.
I mean, some of you are born straight, right?
Or, did you, at some point, make a conscious effort to choose heterosexuality.
People are born gay.

2 comments:

  1. There are some truly weird perspectives out there with respect (or should I say, disrespect) to "the gays". I agree with you and didn't know we had that much power.
    But another nice group of thoughts both good and sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had that much power in the Senate. If we did, we never would have had DADT to repeal in the first place.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......