Saturday, October 21, 2023

Why Is It ...

… that I don’t even have a sense of humor anymore? It’s just biting sarcasm and a general hate for the majority of the population.

… that everyone complains about the weather, but no one wants to sacrifice a virgin to change it?

… that my toxic trait is telling people I’m down for anything when in reality I mean not after 8 PM, and food should be involved, and it depends on the weather, the parking situation and how tired I am? Then, and only then, am I actually down. Maybe.

… I am inept at small talk? I just asked the guy cutting my hair what he did for a living.

… that my awkward level is so bad that, while in a store, I bumped into a mannequin and said, “Oops, sorry,” and then I said, “Oh, I thought you were a person,” and then I realized I was still talking to a mannequin?

… that self-discipline is so tough for me? Is it because I’m the boss of me and that guy runs a really loose ship?

29 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:09 AM

    the dog's mother
    Mannequins have feelings too, don't they?
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may need some counselling sessions on a psychiatrist's couch. Then you will become Sweet Bob who never has a bad word to say about anybody - even the GOP folk and The Orange Buddha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmm ... sounds nice, but No thanks!

      Delete
  3. I hate to be the one to tell you this...but those are common maladies as we (ahem) get older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who you calling old????

      Delete
    2. Pat: you meant "as we get mature and wiser", did you not? ;-)

      Delete
    3. Laurent: Oops. Yeah, "mature and wiser." Yeah, that's the ticket!
      Sorry, Bob.

      Delete
    4. I'll take the wiser part!

      Delete
  4. Hey! You just described me... except for sacrificing a virgin (I have others on that long list).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew we got along for a reason!

      Delete
  5. OMG ... I love all of these! Your Saturday questions are becoming my favorite read from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. None of those fit me (please don't tell anyone, but I'm on my 8th virgin this month).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, then at least one does ....

      Delete
  7. Having dealt with mannequins I'd be more worried when they start talking back.. trust me

    And don't feel bad about the first one I totally get where you're coming from with that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think they talk, but mostly behind my back.
      And that first one may fit a lot of us,

      Delete
  8. Oh dear forgot the copy my comment. It appears to disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! I definitely identify with No. 1 and No. 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really good at telling people"That sounds like fun," and then they ask, "So you're coming?" and I say, "Oh, no."

      Delete
  10. Anonymous12:08 PM

    Of course nobody wants to sacrifice a virgin to change the weather, have you checked the price and availability of virgins lately?

    Will Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably because there's so few of them!

      Delete
  11. A smile for Sunday morning, especially at the hairdresser question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that one sounds like me ... socially awkward at times.

      Delete
  12. I can relate, but I fail to see why you pose them as questions. They’re merely the depiction of normality, aren’t they?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......