Saturday, March 26, 2022

I Ain't One To Gossip But ...

I imagine a celebrity loves to see the impact they’ve made in their chosen field, movie, TV, music, whatever, but some sure hate to see other’s names linked alongside theirs.

Amirite Nicki Minaj? You see, Minaj decided to partake in a little self-promotion by Tweeting an article that praised her impact on rap music, but Nicki just had to show her thirst by reTweeting a screenshot of the article but scratched out the names Megan Thee StallionCity GirlsCardi B, and Doja Cat who were briefly mentioned in the article.

Gurl, the thirst is pathetic.

photo 1   photo 2

Poor Shawn Mendes is still trying to heal from his November 2021 “split” from singer Camila Cabello by whining that, at twenty-three, he is all alone:

‘“I think that’s the reality that kind of hit me. It’s like, ‘Oh, I’m on my own now. Now I feel like finally, like, I’m actually on my own, and I hate that. That’s my reality, you know?”

And the boy does go on, adding that he didn’t realize “all this s–t that comes after” a breakup:

“Which is like, ‘Who do I call when I’m, like, in a panic attack? Who do I call when I’m like, f–king, on the edge?’”

Mendes and Cabello were together a little over two years.

Man up, little boy.

photo

Rachel Zegler is the star of West Side Story, one of the ten movies nominated for a Best Picture Oscar at tomorrow’s show, and also won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress for her role in the reboot, but the only way she’s going to the show is as someone’s plus-one or perhaps as a seat filler. You see, the Academy failed to invite Zegler to the show, a terrible miscarriage of justice she revealed on social media.’

Now, it’s not mandatory for performers from Best Picture-nominated movies to automatically be invited to the ceremony, but Zegler sure did want to go, and the movie, though not a huge hit, was well-received, as was her performance.

And, since it appears we have a theme of thirsty celebrities this week, what do you think Rachel Zegler did? She started on Instagram where she posted a series of pictures, including several of her at the BAFTAs last week, which caused several fans to ask what she’d be wearing to the Oscars. Rachel told them she wasn’t invited, and so she’ll be watching from her living room instead, but then, to play nice, said there were no hard feelings between her and the Academy.

UPDATE: Zegler’s thirsty woe-is-me Tweets and Insta stories paid off, because as soon as the news went viral, an invitation was sent Zegler’s way.

photo

Everyone knows, as Diana Ross famously sings, “You can’t hurry love,” but some Jeopardy contestants think you can hurry up Miss Ross’ age … and when you do, Twitter comes for you.

Karen John and Finn Corrigan, two competitors on Jeopardy last week, learned that the hard way, when they answer this question during Final Jeopardy …

“In 2021 at age 95, this singer achieved a Guinness World Record for the oldest person to release an album of new material.”

… and replied, “Who is Diana Ross?” Unfortunately, they soon found out that the correct answer is Tony Bennett because Diana Ross is certainly not ninety-five!.

An embarrassed Karen Johnson later sent her “deepest apologies” to the legendary R&B singer on Twitter for the gaffe:

“I didn’t really think you were the answer, but was running out of time and had to put something!”

And Corrigan echoed that defense:

“Me too! I knew she was not nearly that old but better to write something than nothing. Just glad we’re in this together.”

Now, Ross did release an album of new music last year, called “Thank You” and also earned a Guinness World Records title in 1993 with the lofty title “Most Successful Female Singer of All Time.”

Not bad for a woman who turns 78 today!

Happy Birthday Miss Ross.

10 comments:

  1. we saw the Jeopardy episode and both 710 and I BURST out laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Blobby
    Carlos and I were watching and I began screaming at the TV: DIANA ROSS IS NOT !!!!!!!!

    @QDebra
    Even at "just" 78, she looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, Nicki wanted to be briefly mentioned, too

    Does anybody really believe Shawn Mendes is alone?

    As for Rachel? Didn't anybody tell her the Oscars have lost their luster?

    So, Ross won a record for being the most successful singer of all time... she, of all people, should records are meant to be broken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the risk of sounding trite, who the hell are these people?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do people want to be famous? It's sounds like an invidious addiction to me.

    And I'm with Deedles; the only one I've heard of is Diana Ross and I have not got a clue as to how old she is and nor (though this may shock you Bob) do I care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chortle - me too, Diana Ross!
    Have a good Saturday.
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diana Ross is just stunning, isn't she!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent stuff.

    Nicki is such a which. Yes, that's right, I said it. A which.

    And Shawn is a gay. A BIG DRAMA QUEEN GAY. Who has no idea, if he's lucky, what the next 70 years holds in store for his pitiful little self. BA HAHAAHAHAHAHA

    Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL -- that Jeopardy story is hilarious. Hopefully Diana has a good sense of humor about it. I didn't realize Tony Bennett is still singing. That guy is the Energizer rabbit!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......