Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Architecture Wednesday: My Big Beautiful Modern Spanish Colonial


Okay, I like all things Hispanic …sue me. But this modern take on a traditional Spanish Colonial style estate—and lord knows I deserve an estate—is located in Woodside, a small town in San Mateo County, California.

I love the great room, from the fireplace at one end to the giant stove at the other …and the views to the pool beyond. I love the wet bar and the dining room and its massive wine storage. As for the master bedroom and bath I might just pull a comforter into the tub and sleepthere.

I love the loggia along the back that opens to the pool and terraces and firepit and the pool house. Pool house? I could live happily in the pool house and rent out the main house … oh, but then where would the pool boys sleep. Decisions, decisions.

I love the downstairs, though I’d ditch the pool table for a bar …I mean there’s a wine house down there, too, plus a huge home theater.

It’s big … but I could find lots to do there!

7 comments:

  1. NOW we're cooking with gas honey!!!!!! This has me written all over it!!!! I am a sucker for a staircase....very important for when you descend to greet guest!!! LOVE the wrought iron gates to the bath and the kitchen design is spectacular. I an in love with the arched tile work behind the sink. This home could not be more well done and executed.

    This is definelty an estate where the houseboys and I could make our "artsy" films!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Throw in some housekeepers and pool boys and I'm in! Needs a touch of red, though. Flowers maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We could move the whole neighborhood in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a HOUSE.
    I can imagine you’d like to entertain, no? It would be amazing for parties! I’m with you, I’d ditch the pool table, add plants and we’d be in business.
    And hey, I like all things Hispanic, too! They’re gonna have to hire litigators. LoL

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah. I’ll just live in the pool house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with @Deedles, needs more colour but love the Gothic overtones

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lot of house, I like the pool house. There is a lack of upper cabinet storage in the huge kitchen. Designers that leave out upper cabinets in the kitchen either don't cook, or have fully functioning spines.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......