Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Architecture Wednesday: Maple Hill Farm


This week I went big …huge … giant … and all kinds of stunning and land and places to go and things to do and expensive.

This is Maple Hill Farm, a 10,000 square foot, 7 bedroom and 7-and-a-half-bathroom home, sitting on a hair under 50 acres in Redding, Connecticut. Now, while it’s called a ‘farm’ it really is more of a Gentleman's Farm, in that while it is also a working farm, it is also a luxurious retreat and party spot, with room for guests in the main house and all throughout the property.

At the heart of the estate is the main house, a country manor blending contemporary style with unrivaled amenities; in addition there are three antique guest homes, a state-of-the-art private recording studio and performing arts venue in one barn, a working barn, a sugar house, boat house, orchard, fields, old stone walls and a 300-foot stream with multiple waterfalls cascading into a 3-acre pond stocked with largemouth bass and brown trout.
Fishing? Oh honey, no, but perhaps a guest might enjoy it?

There are pig and chicken coops, a tennis court, a riding ring, a ballfield, horse stalls and paddocks; there are acres of riding and hiking trails through woods and open space, with carved wooden statues of A.A. Milne's beloved Winnie the Pooh characters.

Maple Hill Farm is just one hour from La Grande Apple and epitomizes refined living, luxury amenities and rustic, rugged outdoor fun.

Oh, and it can be your for $19 million.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I like the wood cabins.
    Didn't know you could get a purple
    pool table! And of course I love
    the pond!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE WHOLE MAIN HOUSE!!!!!!! The color is what catches my eye the most and I love the square clean boxy lines of it.

    But I could as easily just live in that converted barn.

    This whole set up is sooooooo Bucks County.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought was this doesn't quite speak to me. My second thought was Maddie and everybody else here will probably love it. I seem to be broken tastewise :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s incredibly beautiful and extremely well appointed. Money does change everything.
    The main house is stunning. I’m more drawn to the converted barn or little stone house, though. That bedroom is probably the size of one third of my living quarters, though...
    Very pretty.

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could manage there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Deedles
    No ma'am, you just have your own taste.
    As for the me, the house is a bit too grand, but y'all know I love a good barn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very grand. Very impressive. Way too much house. I’ll live in the barn.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......