Saturday, May 02, 2020

I Ain't One To Gossip But ...


Well, even marriages continue to fall apart during a lockdown, and this week it’s ‘reality star’ Kristin Cavallari and her soon-to-be-ex-husband Jay Cutler’s divorce announcement.

Kristin broke the news on Instagram—because, where else—with a picture of herself and Jay and explained that they have come to the “loving conclusion” to get a divorce.
With great sadness, after 10 years together we have come to a loving conclusion to get a divorce. We have nothing but love and respect for one another and are deeply grateful for the years shared, memories made, and the children we are so proud of. This is just the situation of two people growing apart. We ask everyone to respect our privacy as we navigate this difficult time within our family.
How Paltrow of you; but is it … the fact that Kristin made a point of saying they were getting a divorce, and weren’t just separating, is one thing, but she ratcheted things up by heading back to social media and removing the word ‘wife’ from all her sites.

Not so lovingly, I imagine, especially since, in the most recent season of Kristin’s E! reality series, Very Cavallari, Jay got pulled into a storyline that involved ALLEGATIONS of him cheating with Kristin’s former best friend, Kelly Henderson. Jay denied it happened; Kristin swore she didn’t believe it.

But then the rumor mills got hold of Kristin’s response to Jay’s divorce filing in which she ALLEGES “misconduct” on the part of Jay and says Jay “is guilty of such inappropriate marital conduct as renders further cohabitation unsafe and improper.”

Not so loving.
I live for catfights, and a catfight between fashion guru André Leon Talley and Anna Wintour warms my cold, cold heart. Talley has apparently written a memoir and in it he puts Anna on blast as “not capable of human kindness”. Okay, so that’s not new, or even news, but when the passages were leaked, Talley, with a wry wink on an eye, took to social media—again, because, where else—to say:
“Did I miss anything this weekend?”
Apparently, in his book The Chiffon Trenches, Talley says his decades long friend, Wintour, is “ruthless” and says she has stopped speaking to him after she said he was “too old, too overweight, too uncool.” He says there is an 'endless' list of writers, stylists and models whom she has cast onto a 'frayed and tattered heap during her powerful rule'.
In an extended rant, Talley writes:
“Today, I would love for her to say something human and sincere to me. I have huge emotional and psychological scars from my relationship with this towering and influential woman.”
And then ends with a dig:
“'I wonder, when she goes home alone at night, is she miserable? Does she feel alone?”
Talley worked for Vogue on and off from the 1980s until 2018, when he was replaced as the magazine’s red-carpet reporter for the Met Gala.

Hmmm, maybe that spurred him to write his little book?
You think Little Tommy Cruise became a diva once he became a big star, but you’d be wrong. And Rob Lowe is here to spill the tea.

Rob was feeling a wee bit shady when he appeared on Armchair Expert with Dax Shepherd and praised Tom Cruise’s “wherewithal” for always knowing he’d be a star by telling a story about Tommy going “ballistic” at the thought of sharing a hotel room with Lowe during the audition process for The Outsiders:
“All of the L.A. people survived the L.A. auditions, and then the hand-picked people had to go to New York to face the New York version/ So it was me and Tom Cruise and Emilio [Estevez] and C. Thomas Howell. [It was the] first time I ever stayed at The Plaza Hotel, and we check-in and Tom finds out that we’re sharing a room and just goes ballistic.”
Perhaps Little Tommy was worried about trying to control himself while locked in a  luxury hotel room with Pretty Boy Lowe?
We’ve talked about celebrities self-isolating and then either whining about how hard it is to stay in the manse, or how blessed they are to be able to afford a mansion, or whine about how their kids are getting in their way because the mansion is just not big enough.

Well, Elizabeth and Philip Windsor have also taken themselves home for the foreseeable future and have self-isolated at Windsor Castle, just the two of them … and 22 members of their closest staff. We all know that the staff serves at Her Majesty’s Pleasure, so finding out that it takes 22 people to pleasure her, at age 94, is astonishing.

A memo to the staff written by Master of the Household—a title which I have just given myself, and Carlos has no say—Tony Johnstone-Burt reveals that since Britain went into quarantine, Windsor Castle has been dubbed “HMS Bubble”, and that the 22 members of the royal household staff are isolated there, away from their families, for the duration. Johnstone-Burt, a 40-year navy veteran, likened the situation to “a long deployment at sea where sailors are separated from their ­families for several months.”

But hey, if Liz needs a martini or Philip needs a backrub, you gotta have a staff, no? And staff can’t be goin’ home and then coming back to the castle the next day carrying some filthy virus.
Just this past week we learned that Christopher Reeve’s son, Will, was reporting for GMA in a suit and tie and what looked to be his underwear. That caused a bit of a ruckus, a mild-mannered reporter kind of ruckus—see what I did there? Christopher Reeve? His son? Clark Kent? Mild-mannered? I’ll stop—but not near as much a ruckus as what happened when Spanish news anchor Alfonso Merlos reported from home.

While doing a live video chat from his house for the Spanish YouTube Channel Estado de Alarmaa half-naked woman showed up in the background, and people realized that the woman was not Marta Lopez, his long-time girlfriend. But Alonso ... Hey Player! ... didn't even notice the nekkid woman and kept going on with his report, long enough for eagle-eyed viewers to figure out the nude woman was his new side-piece Alexia Rivas … one of his colleagues.

After ignoring the escándalo at first, Alfonso did go back to TV to apologize, in a sort of, So I have a side-piece kind of way:
“If you think that my attitude has not been correct or that there are things that I have not done well, I have no problem asking for forgiveness, although my goal was not to harm someone else.”
And then he explained that he wasn’t a cheater because he and Marta had broken up, though Marta played the Ross-n-Rachel card and said they just had a spat and were on a break, until nekkid Alexia wandered onscreen.

And here we thought lockdown would be boring!
And now some good news … Anderson Cooper is a Daddy, just not the kind of daddy I wanted. He’s a  literal father, and made the announcement last night on his CNN show, Anderson Cooper 360° this week:
"On Monday I became a father. I've never said that out loud and it astonishes me. I have a son. Wyatt Morgan Cooper was born on Monday weighing 7 pounds 2 ounces.”
Anderson said his son is named Wyatt, after his late father Wyatt Cooper, and that Morgan was on a list of potential baby names his late mom, Gloria Vanderbilt, and dad made when they were trying to pick a name for Anderson 52 years ago.
“I do wish my mom and my dad and my brother Carter were alive to meet Wyatt, but I like to believe they can see him. I imagine them all together, arms around each other, smiling and laughing, happy to know that their love is alive in me and in Wyatt, and that our family continues.”
Damn, Andy, why you gotta make me cry?

12 comments:

  1. Can't blame the queen. One germ and she and Phillip would be toast.

    Tom Cruise who?

    Im surprised Andre Leon Talley isn't in a underground bunker hiding out yet. The only person i know who can say anything and push Anne in her place is Grace Coddington. And lived.

    And then there's Anderson. I melted too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that statement from Anderson Cooper made me cry, too. I didn't realize the reporter with no pants on was the son of Christopher Reeve. Thanks for that tidbit. Glad to know he's had success... and now some fame earned on his own "merits." (I don't even know who those two are that have come to a loving conclusion... that cheating piece of shit.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob Lowe, was/is gorgeous, Tom "The Smirk" Cruise, wasn't/isn't.
    If Carlos can be the MasterBaker, you certainly are allowed to be the Master of the Hosehold, Bobulah! I wouldn't let any filthy virus wielding staff enter my palace walls either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First story... who?
    Second story.. who?
    Third story.. I always and still do find Rob cuter. I seriously bet you're right about why he got so upset, a few drinks and he would be on Rob like he does to Travolta.
    Fourth story, well would you want to be the staff member that killed the Queen???
    Fifth story, half naked woman.. blah, yuck, why did you show the Reeves picture instead!
    Anderson, ooh that's probably going to be one handsome little boy. I was a little misty eyed when I saw that last night. I totally get why he did that, I just personally wouldn't want to do it at 52, although he probably will have ten nannies to help him. I guess he doesn't have a partner, I thought he was with someone?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Then there was Keenan Ivory Wayans do his "Hang in there" video to boost spirits. His son runs to the computer to stop the recording after we've seen Keenan hanging out (blurred, of course) though The End is clearly in sight. LOL.

    Word on the street is that Tom was always a dick. Now if he'd simply admit that he loves and craves it.

    Well, I suppose Anderson needed to leave his millions to **someone**.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Wyatt Morgan Cooper)

    take care, xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder the same thing Steven. I know Anderson in the past went through some racy men....i don't know if he partnered now or know. If not...i could most definitely play Step Mummy!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not just Grand Mater and Grand Pater Saxe-Coburg Gotha who are sadly confined to barracks in a huge house surrounded by devoted servants. Their poor highnesses William and Catherine are also stuck in a ten bedroom house with the servants! They, however, unlike Grandmother and Grandfather, are giving us tips on how to get through the lock-down - marry into theultra rich Saxe-Coburg Gotha family? Then their kiddo Charlotte had to take food boxes to the poor on this, her birthday, poor kid.

    PS @Sooo-this-is-me - trust me; no-one sane is going to murder the queen - we'd end up with Pretentious Charlie and his unlovely wifey Cur Milla as rulers of the land - yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, congrats to Anderson Cooper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @MM
    That picture of Anna and Andre looks like she wants to off him right there.

    @Mitch
    It is funny ...the 'we've deiced to part ' devolves into rumors and allegations and ugly.

    @Deedles
    I like your logic. I'm taking the title.

    @Steven
    Rob seems skeevy to me, but Tom seems crazy so ... ?

    @whkattk
    He could leave ';em to me?

    @TDM
    i have to get used to My husband In My Head being a father. Does that make me a Stepfather??

    @MM
    From what I can see, Anderson and his longtime partner boke up in 2018 and he's single daddy now.

    @Helen
    It is a war being a servant to the crown.

    @Debra
    Sweet story, no?

    ReplyDelete
  11. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww for anderson! the rest of the shit can float down the sewer to the poop plant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had no idea who Jay and Kristen were, thanks for explaining.

    I think Tom has always been an asshole.

    I watched the clip with Will, nice to know he's a boxer kind of guy.

    And as for Elizabeth? Hey, she's and old Queen, and like every other old queen deserves the best.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......