Thursday, May 07, 2020

Bobservations


Today is not a fun Carlos story. Sorry.

I am generally an optimistic person, but every so often—and by that, I mean maybe twice a year—I get down; I get what I call The Blahs. There’s no explanation; no one did anything; it’s just blah.

Yesterday was blah, and as such, I was extremely quiet. And after breakfast, I took a four-hour nap. Carlos asks if I’m okay, and all I can say is ‘Fine.’

Fine. Fine is blah. At dinner, I apologized for the blah-ness and he asked what was wrong, and I said, everything and nothing; it’s not working; it’s staying home; it’s the virus; it’s the rain. Everything. Nothing.

And he looked at me and said:
“Choose to change your mood.”
Sadly, you can’t change from Blah in a snap, you have to, like a virus sometimes, let it run its course.
As  always happens, Tuxedo and I are on the same page, though, yeah, I’ll wait until it’s safe.

Yaron Oren-Pines, an electrical engineer from Silicon Valley, got a $69 million contract to produce ventilators after tweeting to  _____  last month:
“We can supply ICU Ventilators, invasive and noninvasive. Have someone call me URGENT.”
But Oren-Pines took the money and never delivered any of the 1,450 ventilators ordered by the state of New York.

There’s a special place in Hell for people like, as there should be a special place in prison, too.
Now for some Good News … Ohio Republican Representative Candice Keller, who believes “transgender, homosexual marriage, and drag queen advocates” are at fault for mass shootings in this country, got her ignorant ass handed to her in the primary race for a state senate seat.

Bye Bitch.
More Good news … and also from Ohio … Charmaine McGuffey, an Ohio police officer  got her revenge on her former boss, _____-supporting Democrat Jim Neil, who fired her for being gay, by beating Neil in the race for his own office.

Bye Other Bitch.
Georgia state health officials confirmed an additional 1,000 new cases of the coronavirus during the state’s first day of reopening.

No one, least of all Georgia’s idiot governor, Brian Kemp—who opened bowling alleys and nail salons first—saw this coming.
Vice President Michael Elizabeth Pence finally admitted during a Fox “News” town hall Sunday night that he should have worn a mask when visiting the Mayo Clinic last week—a move that violated the clinic's policy and sparked widespread backlash.

Dipshit, as my Dad would say.
_____ says the coronavirus task force will wind down the operation in the weeks to come despite growing evidence that the crisis is raging on.

Oh, wait. No, that’s all changed because it looks politically bad to shut down the task force while thousands of Americans die every day, so, _____ walked it back.

But what wasn’t walked back was that while _____ toured a Honeywell factory in Arizona that has been converted to produce N95 face over the loudspeakers they played Guns N’ Roses’ cover of “Live And Let Die”.

That’s how the _____ administration feels about Americans dying in a pandemic.

Oh well … Dead Americans.
Nearly half of the employees of a Utah County business tested positive for COVID-19 after the business instructed employees to not follow quarantine guidelines and required staff who had tested positive to report to work, according to a written statement from county executives.

It’s almost like the real virus is stupidity.
Lastly, and thankfully, Portuguese model Mauro Lopes, who has a face for days.


He looks hot, and fun, in cool blue suits; and just plain hot in blue jeans.


And even better, he likes to wear even less. I wonder if that’s a hammock for two?


Just sayin’.

14 comments:

  1. I'm much like you. Im in that funk you talk about, the Blahs. I have it too I suspect. BUT Tuxedo helped as usual. I think he needs to be placed here weekly for sure.

    And finally some good news. It's only two slot filled by good people, but two more we didn't have before!!!!! And yes..... bye to both those assholes. Kamra is going to be real busy here soon.

    I do worry about shootings now more than ever. It's been quiet. but now with emotions and cabin fever setting in, I sure hope it doesn't get nuts. But alas....it's only starting sadly, and will be with the virus, claiming lives I'm afraid. The stories have started in the last week alone.

    And companies, states and individuals who do not follow quarantine guidelines, then what may happen, let it happen and let it decrease some of the stupidity surplus population.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and forehead kisses, Bobulah. I suffer from mild to severe depression. Balder Half learned that he couldn't fix it, just let it pass. You see, my resting bitch face can't hold a candle to my active one :)
    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that sick people with too many guns are the cause of mass shootings, but that's just me

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Carlos) (Bob)
    stay well, stay safe
    oh! almost forgot (Tuxedo)
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally normal to be feeling that way Bob, it just means you're human.
    Who gives away 69 million without checking? Oh wait, yes that's right, "I take no responsibility".
    It gives a person hope to see idiots being voted out of office, let's hope that trend continues to November.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the blahs disappear soon, for both you and Tuxedo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Full moon, virus scariness, and most of all politics...who wouldn’t be depressed? Reading your blog helps my mental state more than I can say. Your posts and the other readers’ comments remind me daily that there are still good people in the world. But oh! the bad ones are really really bad these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you should keep "tuxedo says" and rotate it among the 3 cats.

    asshat MAGAts are having their MAGAt asses handed to them in the voting booth! :)

    putzy pence's mom should have had an abortion; same with the dump's mother.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some days it’s really a chore to snap out of it some days. The pandemic is HEAVY.
    And nothing the COVIDiots do surprises me. Nothing.
    Charmaine is my Shero of the day. Yes!

    And could I have Mauro to help me with my Portuguese? Please and thank you....

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we all get the blahs sometimes don't we. I mean, rain, not working and "just because". Hope you get over it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so hard, and sometimes impossible, for people who have never experienced depression or those kinds of "blues" to be able to even comprehend that, sometimes, you can't just change your attitude. I don't think SG every really got it until he himself suffered from panic/anxiety disorder. I know all the things I need to do to help me maintain my equilibrium but sometimes I crash no matter how hard I try. It took me years to understand that it wasn't anything I was doing or not doing. It took SG years longer. Most people are well meaning, like Carlos who adores you. Others are assholes. I've learned to tell the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't had a problem yet, but then I'm considered Essential.

    So, I'm wondering what Yaron's split with Jared was... 50 / 50?

    Candice Keller is beginning to understand what Judgment is like.

    He may be a Democrat, but Jim Neil is still a bigot.

    Utah, it figures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I get that whole Blahs thing. I've fought with it my whole life, so I know it'll pass but it's horrible when I'm in the middle of it. I think the lack of structure is part of the problem for me right now (plus FB. I really should stay away from there. Turns out too many of my "friends and family" are just plain stupid.) And it does help when some good news pops up. I just hope we have a shit-load of good news come election time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Challenging times, take time, take care of yourself. Do what you know works for you. I need to avoid the news, and find myself closing FB. I do need to take a long drive or two this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......