Friday, July 12, 2019

I Didn't Say It ...


Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, on Ivanka’s role as Daddy’s Pet Girl:


“It may be shocking to some, but being someone’s daughter actually isn’t a career qualification. It hurts our diplomatic standing when the President phones it in & the world moves on. The US needs our President working the G20. Bringing a qualified diplomat couldn’t hurt either.”

Maybe next time keep the White House Spokesmodel, AKA Daughter Wife, at home and bring actual qualified people.
Van Hansis, former As The World Turns star, on his career, and being part of the first gay male kiss on an American soap opera:

 “When you’re an actor, to get a recurring role a soap opera—that was kind of my first on-camera professional job—I was not in any place to turn anything down. Luke was such a rich character and such a wonderful experience I ended up having for five years. It was a blessing. Back when I started with Luke, and it being my first thing, a lot of people who were telling me, ‘Don’t come out publicly’ … back then, it was a different world, sort of. It was not like it is today, especially for an actor. If you come out gay, you’re only going to play gay for the rest of your life. [However] in retrospective, I wish I had come out earlier publicly, but I was out in my private life. Even to this day I keep my private life pretty private. I do social media, but I don’t do it a lot. I really try to choose what I put out there about my life because even though I have a public career, I am a private person. I want to stay that way.”

I think he paved the way for a lot of young men, and women, to come out, after seeing themselves on television for the first time. And while ‘ Luke’ came out in 2007, Hansis waited until 2014 to officially come out to his fans during an interview about “EastSiders.”
Still, it’s not when you come out, it’s that you come out.
Judd Deere, White House Deputy Press Secretary, is gay and defending his boss:

“The left really wants to continue to push what I consider to be a disgusting message that LGBT Americans are threatened under this administration. It’s just a smear campaign. They’re going to say that I’m helping the enemy. That’s because I don’t agree with them 100% on all issues — they think that I’m in the wrong because I’m a Republican who also happens to be gay. They can get mad at me. I don’t go into a dark depression because somebody hates the person I work for, or wants to get upset at me because they think I’m crazy for working here, because it just doesn’t matter to me.”

Hey Judd, you traitorous ass-kissing, goose-stepping asshat.
He’s trying to ban trans Americans from military service; he’s denying trans Americans access to homeless shelters; he’s trying to make it legal for hospitals, doctors, nurses, and just about anyone, to deny service to LGBTQ Americans because God Hates Fags.
So, you go ahead and sell what’s left of your rotted black soul, but don’t come crying to any of us when you’re being forced back into the closet.
And, if I didn’t make it clear … Fuck.Off.
Frank Bruni, speaking truth to power, and perhaps to Judd Deere, about _____ and the LGBTQ community:

“His treatment of gay people perfectly reveals the flabbiness of his convictions and his willingness to stand at odds with a majority of Americans if it pleases the smaller number who adore him. He’ll suffer our anger for their ardor. Decency and principle don’t enter into it.”

Which is one reason, of thousands, why I can’t understand an LGBTQ American supporting him. He doesn’t care about you.
Alphonso David, the first civil rights lawyer and first person of color to serve as President of the Human Rights Campaign, [HRC]:

“I believe that together, we can harness the strength that’s inherent in our differences, to stand together in the face of fear and division. And that’s exactly what the Human Rights Campaign was built for. If we want to win full equality, that’s going to require us to come together, to dig deep, to be resilient, to embrace our differences, to tenaciously defend the most vulnerable among us, to fight with every ounce of determination we have. I promise you this, I will fight for each and every one of us. All I ask is that you join me, that you join the Human Rights Campaign in our fight for true equality. In unity, we will fight back and we will win.”

He sounds ready to fight for us, and we all know that the fight is far from over.
Welcome, Alphonso, and let’s get busy.

6 comments:

  1. My father traveled a lot for work. I never got to go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:00 PM

    Speedy recovery for your father. Now, let's talk about business. Where is the sign-up sheet for Carlos? I do not do nights. We can all pitch in and you will have one less thing to worry about. Just think the stories you will have about Carlos when you get home. We all know he is a handful and high maintenance :). Also, this might be a learning opportunity to spice up your marriage. Facetime and other face to face communications are not just for talking. Just sayin! Wink! Wink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexandria is awesome. And sharp! She does her reading. They’re scared of her.
    Good luck to Alphonso! Abouttime!
    And Judd Deere is the kind of gay that never, under any circumstances should get ANY dick. None. That’s the price homocons should pay for being spineless opportunistic cunts.

    Hope your dad recovers soon!

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second sixpence; gay + rethug = self-loathing masochist. I don't know how the fuck they live with themselves.

    AOC rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "...the first civil rights lawyer and first person of color to serve as President of the Human Rights Campaign, [HRC]"

    I imagine everyone's focusing on him being the first person of color, but he's also the first civil rights lawyer to head the organization? I was under the impression that HRC IS a civil rights organization (albeit one that specializes.) You'd think a civil rights lawyer would have headed by now.

    Anyway, congratulations to Alphonso David.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If one really believes that Islam is going to take over the western world, as has been expressed on this blog, then what does arguing or debating these topics matter anyway ? One should just try to enjoy ones life and ones sexuality, as best as one can, until it happens.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......