Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Architecture Wednesday: The Poet’s Hideaway


As Carlos says to me, often, Isn’t it romantic?

And this place, the Poet’s Hideaway totally fills the bill. And, since I’m out of town, though not entirely on vacation, we’ll do another vacation retreat—after last week’s Aussie Treehouse—but this time we’re headed to a luxury moorland retreat near St Breward, in north Cornwall, United Kingdom.

It’s cozy and quaint and warm and inviting, but, you know, if you must, there is horseback riding … bike riding … a nearby fishing village … narrow lanes for romantic sunset strolls … a moorland picnic among trickling streams and freely roaming ponies.

There's even a little Summer House on the property for getting away from your getaway.


And you can have all this for the low price, and it is a low price, of just a shade over $1,000 a week!

Where’s my passport?

9 comments:

  1. I like this one. It's clean but not pristine (naturally I had to rhyme). It looks cozy and lived in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one too. Totally me. I would live there year round. I love all the stone work. And I could put Duchess Deedles in the little shed thing when she visits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! We had steam heaters like
    that in Northern BC. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Maddie- Hey! To paraphrase Patrick Swayze "Nobody puts Deedles in a shed!" I'm big and clumsy and that little shed thingy is just shin bruises waiting to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could live there with the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would feel like I was in a British television series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just looking at the photos relaxes me. And Cornwall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would totally live here. Comfy, homey and pretty!

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one that I love--both the location and the house itself--homey, liveable, comfy. I'd love to spend time there--England and a cozy retreat, what is not to love?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......