Friday, July 19, 2019

I Didn't Say It ...


Prince William, on how he would feel if one of his three children came out as gay:

“Do you know what, I’ve been giving that some thought recently because a couple of other parents said that to me as well. I think, you really don’t start thinking about that until you are a parent, and I think—obviously absolutely fine by me. The one thing I’d be worried about is how they, particularly the roles my children fill, is how that is going to be interpreted and seen. So Catherine and I have been doing a lot of talking about it to make sure they were prepared. I think communication is so important with everything, in order to help understand it you’ve got to talk a lot about stuff and make sure how to support each other and how to go through the process. It worries me not because of them being gay, it worries me as to how everyone else will react and perceive it and then the pressure is then on them.”

I mean, we all know that if any, of William and Kate’s children were gay, they wouldn’t be the first, though they might be the first British royals to live out.
And that could be good, and I think their grandmother might have loved that.
Bitch Mitch McConnell, Senate Majority Leader, promising he would give a new Democratic president’s nominee to the Supreme Court a hearing and vote in 2021:

“A lot of it depends on the timing of the vacancy. Obviously if you have a vacancy in the first year of a term of a president, you’re not going to fail to fill that vacancy for a very lengthy period of time, no matter what the political composition is.”

I guess it’s clear then that he ignored Obama’s pick because it was a black man’s choice.
Oh, and if the Democrats flip the house, Bitch will be out on his flabby white ass.
Greg Gutfeld, Fox News’ The Five host, on with transgender kids:

“There are young children, when they express gender confusion, the push among these same activists is to transition these confused children at a young age to the hetero sex, meaning if you have a young boy with feminine qualities you need to transition that person into a female so that person would then become straight. What you are effectively doing is you are eliminating gays because experts will tell you a young boy with feminine traits might just grow up to be a healthy gay man who lives a long life. Instead you are going to push him in a direction that requires decades of drugs, decades of therapy and possibly surgery and higher rates of depression and suicide.”

First off, you twat, not all feminine boys are transgender; nor are all tom boy girls destined to transition to male. You think gender is between your legs. But it’s not, asshat. And if you think helping someone transition to their true selves is a bad thing, think about living your entire life not feeling like yourself.
Imagine, Greg, if you had to live your life knowing that you were born a bigoted moron, but because of societal pressures, you were forced to live as a decent, accepting, understanding  human being. You’d surely turn to depressing thoughts, asshat.
Jake Gyllenhaal, My Husband In My head, on playing Jack Twist in Ang Lee’s Brokeback Mountain:

“I think we had been cast for our ‘essences’ without really understanding what our ‘essences’ were—and that’s outside of our sexuality—we’re two straight guys cast in these roles, but who we are, who we were, Ang could see. And I don’t know if I could. So when the movie had the response that it had …. I don’t think we recognized what Ang had seen in us so we were blind at the profundity and the echo the movie made … and I don’t think we ever had any idea it would have the impact that it had. To make a movie that even just works is a miracle [but] when it resonates even beyond that, it’s impossible. And it has nothing to do with you in the end. Just being in Brokeback Mountain, that’s the feeling I have. I feel that deeply about it. It had nothing to do with me. It came to me, I was honored to be a part of it, and it is now everyone else’s in a way that I can’t even fathom.”

One of my favorite films with one of the saddest, most heartbreaking endings ever. I don’t think I’ll ever get over that last few minutes.

12 comments:

  1. First of all, does Carlos have head husbands too?
    Jake Gyllenhaal rocks face hair! That being said, I am one of the, I suppose, handful of people who really didn't like Brokeback Mountain. I don't mind a depressing, okay sad, ending if there was any warmth to begin with. I love these two actors but felt no chemistry between the two. I need to be involved with at least one of the characters in a film for it to resonate with me. Maybe it was supposed to be that way.
    Give your dad a hug from me, okay. I'm sure he would be honored, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (On children of Wills and Kate being gay) Even more than the present Queen being relaxed (even happy) about it, it would have delighted the Queen's own mum, who died in 2002 aged 101, even more, knowing her well-documented, but little discussed, partiality to gays - well, gay men anyway. Or perhaps that was whom you meant.

    Btw: I too loved 'Brokeback' and was likewise heartbroken at the end. It would probably would feature in my all-time Top 50 films, which can't be bad out of coming up to 5,000. But I do agree with Deedles on Jake G with facial growth. Both he and a furry faced Bradley Cooper make me DROOOOOOOOOLLLLL!


    ReplyDelete
  3. Gutfield doesn't understand any of the issues involved. It's sort of amazing. I mean, read a book about it, if nothing else, maybe one you might not agree with but would at least let you use the right terms. I do that and you know what? Reading a book by Glenn Beck won't turn you into Glenn Beck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having grown up singing 'God Save the Queen'
    I hope all the kids are loved and accepted
    and cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That ignoramus Gutfeld is confusing gender identity issues with sexual orientation issues, which are of course two separate things. Not all trans women and men become "straight" simply by virtue of transitioning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:57 PM

    Loved Brokeback Mountain. What a life that could have been. Maybe in that time period, it was a hard road to travel. I understand that context. I loved, in the end, you see that the shirts on the hanger are reversed. I still cry like a baby when I watch the film. Now I need a hug. Jake are you free. We don't have to do anything unless you want to. But can we at least spoon.

    Hope Dad is recovering nicely, Carlos is in one piece, and the house is not burned to the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Jake Gyllenhaal, My Husband In My Head" - he's the husband in MANY PEOPLE'S heads! mine and raybeard's, at least.

    hope all is well with your dad and in smallville.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Anne Marie- Jake is definitely NOT a husband in my head! He's a much, much younger boy toy in this old noggin! In my head, I'm also more energetic and know what to do with a boy toy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. As we was leaving the theater after watching Brokeback there were two women in front of us and the one said the the other "I had no idea it was going to be that sad."

    ReplyDelete
  10. @deedles - robbing the cradle, eh? you naughty naughty dirrrrrrrrrrrty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry to confess this to you all, but I've been cheating in my head with all of your husband in your head... forgive me :(...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for William, but if the Birmingham school protests and the latest gaybashings are any indication....the future of the UK is not going to be gay-friendly.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......