Friday, April 24, 2015

I Didn't Say It ...

Hillary Clinton, on the GOP contenders for the presidential nomination:

“I think it's worth noting that Republicans seem to be talking only about me.”

True, because they have nothing to offer.
I mean, unless you count being pro-war, pro-one-percent, anti-women, anti-gay, anti-immigration and they don’t want to admit to that!
Paul Kuntzler, on picketing the White House April 17th, 1965 in what is believed to have been the first organized gay rights demonstration in American history:

"It was so revolutionary. It had never been done before anywhere in the world. We all wore coat and ties and we all had pseudonyms. I wasn’t scared. I was intrigued by the idea. But I was intimidated by all the photographers. I was only 23. And as they came across the street they started photographing us. Every time I approached the cameras, I hid behind my sign because I was unnerved by the whole thing. But I don’t think I was scared. I was very open and proud of being gay. People passed by in disbelief. It was written on their faces. It had never had happened before. My sign read, '15 million homosexuals protest federal treatment.' It reflected what I thought. We could not conceive then the astonishing progress we would eventually make as a community. The idea that gay people, gay men and women, could work openly in the government and serve in the military. It was beyond our imagination."

And so it began … it’s been a long time, but we’ve emerged from the Dark Ages.
Giorgio Armani, on gay men and how they dress:

“A homosexual man is a man 100%. He does not need to dress homosexual. When homosexuality is exhibited to the extreme – to say, ‘Ah, you know I’m homosexual,’ – that has nothing to do with me. A man has to be a man. [And] I don’t like muscle boys. Not too much gym. I like somebody healthy, somebody solid, who looks after his body but doesn’t use his muscles too much.”

Take just a moment to see Armani’s designs for men, where he shows off their bodies in what can be perceived, by some, in very gay clothes.
Then look up Armani in his little bikini, or look up Armani’s boyfriend, who is exactly like what Armani says he doesn’t like.
Some folks should just shut up.
Michael Savage, right wing talk show host  saying it isn’t not right to attack Clinton for her looks and then doing just that:

“She’s the nice woman, the TV ad shows her with gay couples — like that’s the most important thing on earth, the happy gay couple. She’s ‘hitting the road to earn your vote,’ she hasn’t driven a car in 20 years but she’s one of us, the pancake woman. I can look at it, the pantsuits — I don’t want to go into the weight thing, that’s not fair, because time and gravity is unfair to all of us, so let’s put that aside, let’s not talk about her looks. But her looks alone could sink the campaign. From the neck up, forget about the neck down. We’re not going to ridicule her physically, it happens to all — but the head up, I’m telling you, do you want to look at that for eight years? Do you really want to have that face staring at you for eight straight years? That frightening face?”

Yes, by all means, let’s pick a President based on their looks.
Jon Stewart, on the latest GOP ‘Gotcha’ question about whether or not Scott Walker, Marco Rubio, John Kasich or Ted Cruz would attend a same-sex wedding:

"If you can't handle these questions, how are you going to handle … Putin … asking you to go to a gay wedding? This election is going to boil down to who do you trust ... to pick up the phone at 3 am and RSVP to a gay wedding."

It’s a way of trying to come off as gay friendly by saying you’d go to the wedding, but still maintaining that the wedding should never take place because of The Gay.
Seth Meyers, to those GOP contenders like Walker and Rubio attending a same-sex wedding:

“Hey, we all want to just go to the reception. The open bar is the payment for sitting through the service. You sir, are a freeloader.”

Yeah, they won’t go to witness the ceremony, but they’d stop by for a free drinks and some Pigs-in-a-Blanket.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mr. Armani - people should dress in a way that doesn't scare the horses or get them arrested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Armani forgets that all anyone wants from him is his fashion. No opinions please, just go back to sewing glad rags.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......