Monday, April 09, 2012

Top Ten Outstanding Guest Comments of the Week

Time once again to shine a light on my Top Ten Outstanding Guest Comments of the week. And, here they are, in no particular order:
#1 I love a good sleek design,m especially when that design is 74 years old. That why I fell in love with the 1938 Phantom Corsair:

Will J said...
"...on-board beverage cabinets..."
So much nicer than cupholders. 
Bill Dameron said...
That is pretty freaking awesome! I can't wait to relay all of this information to Paul, he is the car lover. When I start to talk all sexy about all of the Corsair's feature, I bet I get lucky! 

#2 There are some places where the locals politicians and nutjobs just want The Gays to disappear. Sadly, it's mostly in the South, like In Louisiana, Discrimination is A-OK!:
S'A said...
I really hope that all of this "back-stepping" is just a glitch in America's history. It makes me wonder what the History books will say about all of this in 50 years.
#3 Every so often a story comes along that gives you hope, even about places like Louisiana and Tennessee, Good News Friday #2: A Father's Reaction to His Very Young Gay Son:
Princess said...
I'm crying tears of utter joy s I read this... 

#4It's bad enough that The Pope and His Flying Monkeys have worked so diligently to protect child rapists, it's worse when they make it a joke: Pedophiles, And Their Protectors, On Trial:
anne marie in philly said...
and people wonder why I gave up on these bullies and their belief in imaginary friends and their bullshit rules in 1977?
I can tell you this: the nuns were just as bad as the priests.
I survived catholic school 1960-1976. nevermore. I hope they go outta business! 

#5 The usual suspects appeared this week, but one subject of the rumor mill inspired a wee bit of sympathy--or a premonition of things to come?--in I Ain't One To Gossip, But....:

Wonder Man said...
Poor Oprah 

#6 Lots of folks, not just gay folks, have been abused by bullies, but finally someone wrote a letter to one, A Letter To My Bully by Kergan Edwards-Stout:
Thor Hammar said...
Never bullied or terrorized like Kergan. Needed to be invisible to be safe. Left alone. 
Still need to be safe but crave attention. Leaves me empty.
6mts after HS graduation, three tormentors killed in car crash, one decapitated. People questioned not going to the funeral. Why? Made life hell. No one reacted to that.
Bullying killed hope. Still dead. Still alive. 
#7 Lame gay jokes, babymakers, transgendered beauty queens, and Madonna; just a few Random Musings:
Miss Ginger Grant said...
And Madonna has a "new" "fragrance" out just about the time she's gonna make big news. And it smells like rest home gardenias. Ugh! Perhaps she's preparing for her days at Shady Pines? 
R.J. said...
Who is this Carson Daly and should I care what he thinks? 
#8 First there was a petition, and then there wasn't--something about the wrong verbage--but now Ohio Marriage Equality Back On Track:
Rainbow said...
It takes a lot of battles to win the war and right now we have quite a few battles raging! Luckily the #'s are leaning in our favor on several! Keep up the good fight!! 
#9 I think prayer can be a good thing, but I think people need to be realistic about what they pray for; God ain't gonna help you win the Lotto--she's busy with other things--and you can't Pray away a sexual orientation, or Praying Away The Gay Is Expensive:
Raybeard said...
The acts of people like that restaurant owner are so far beyond a joke that it's come out the other side! Maybe it says something when my major emotion is not anger or humour but just utter amazement how some people can be so effin' DAFT!!! 
#10 Ah, a beach house. Make we wanna shout: Architecture Wednesday: F%k It, Let's Go To Phuket:
mistress maddie said...
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, now THIS has flowing wind blown caftans written on it for sure!!! And a pool table too! " Rack up them balls boys!" 
So, there you have it, the ISBLTTOGCOTW Award winners.
What was your favorite?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:00 PM

    Congrats to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats everybody! Bob, you know who many of my favorite bloggers are here, so i couldn't choose, but Thor Hammar's comment stays with me.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......