Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Overheard At Work

Me [to a co-worker]: No, Joan Crawford was supposed to be in Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte with Bette Davis, but then she up and quit.
Female Co-worker [eavesdropping, then joining the conversation]: Hey! I saw a really good Joan Crawford movie the other day.
Me: Which one?
Female Co-worker: I forget the title, but she played a movie star who adopted a couple of children and she beat 'em and stuff.
Me [severe eye roll]: That wasn't a Joan Crawford movie. That was Mommie Dearest in which Faye Dunaway played Joan Crawford. Gawd. What kind of gay man are you!???!?
Female Co-worker: But I'm not a gay man.
Me: Clearly.

11 comments:

  1. BRING ME THE AXE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet she uses wire hangers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell me - I'm betting she didn't know Titanic was based on a real incident??

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Froggy
    No, she is definitely smarter than that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, there is hope! Someone posted a series of twits twittering that they just found out (because of the 100th anniversary coverage) that the Titanic was a real ship and a real sinking....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone clearly needs a tutorial and a freezing cold steak for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Titanic was based on a real incident?????

    ReplyDelete
  8. bwa-ha-ha! I'm afraid to ask my kids...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't fuck with me fellas!

    And the Abba/Mommie Dearest mashup is just too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, enough with the stereotypes, ok? Betty Crawford, Joan Davis...so take my gay membership card away.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......